Windows 10: Thumbnails

Discus and support Thumbnails in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have thumbnails on all video and photos except vob files. Always had thumbnails on vob files in windows 7? Is this normal for windows 10? 25881 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by slider, Oct 9, 2015.

1. slider Win User

Thumbnails

Have thumbnails on all video and photos except vob files.
    Always had thumbnails on vob files in windows 7?
    Is this normal for windows 10?

:)

slider, Oct 9, 2015
  2. dr_nitun Win User

Breaking in bugs or Faults?

Lord Alias,

I do that as well-let the thumbnails load up completely on the screen. However, as I cycle to the next set of thumbnails, the phone takes awhile to load those thumbnails up.

Is this the same for you or once you give the phone 10seconds to load up the initial thumbnails; all thumbnails that follow load up instantly?

dr_nitun, Oct 9, 2015
  3. How do I get Windows to generate thumbnails for images larger than 10000kb in size?

So this one gets curiouser and curiouser.

In my regular user profile, the images above 10000kb don't generate thumbnails.

In my admin user profile, the images above 10000kb don't generate thumbnails.

Our IT department's admin profile generates thumbnails for JPGs larger than 10000kb, but not any other commonly thumbnailed image format (no BMP, no PNG, no TIFF thumbnails).

The thumbnails that that account sees for large JPGs don't show up when loaded by my accounts!

Patrick-SCS, Oct 9, 2015
Thema:

Thumbnails

1. Thumbnails - Similar Threads - Thumbnails

2. Thumbnails do not load well in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails do not load well in File Explorer: Most files I open in File Explorer containing photos do not load thumbnails well. I can leave the file open for 10+ minutes and the thumbnails will still not pop up. This makes finding the right photos at a glance very difficult because otherwise I have to open each...
  3. Thumbnails do not load well in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbnails do not load well in File Explorer: Most files I open in File Explorer containing photos do not load thumbnails well. I can leave the file open for 10+ minutes and the thumbnails will still not pop up. This makes finding the right photos at a glance very difficult because otherwise I have to open each...
  4. I already downloaded and installed HEVC Video Extensions but thumbnails of some videos...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I already downloaded and installed HEVC Video Extensions but thumbnails of some videos...: I already downloaded and installed HEVC Video Extensions but thumbnails of some videos under MOV format is still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-already-downloaded-and-installed-hevc-video/07deb1da-faf6-4e38-a9a1-d3e66d7a9d1b
  5. I already downloaded and installed HEVC Video Extensions but thumbnails of some videos...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I already downloaded and installed HEVC Video Extensions but thumbnails of some videos...: I already downloaded and installed HEVC Video Extensions but thumbnails of some videos under MOV format is still not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-already-downloaded-and-installed-hevc-video/07deb1da-faf6-4e38-a9a1-d3e66d7a9d1b
  6. I already downloaded and installed HEVC Video Extensions but thumbnails of some videos...

7. Thumbnails for .webm Files Not Showing in Windows 11 Home

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbnails for .webm Files Not Showing in Windows 11 Home: Hi everyone,I'm having trouble getting thumbnails to display for my .webm files in Windows 11 Home edition. Other file types e.g., .png, .gif, .mp4 show thumbnails just fine, but .webm files only show icons. I've tried several solutions but none have worked so far.What I've...
  8. Thumbnails for .webm Files Not Showing in Windows 11 Home

Thumbnails for .webm Files Not Showing in Windows 11 Home: Hi everyone,I'm having trouble getting thumbnails to display for my .webm files in Windows 11 Home edition. Other file types e.g., .png, .gif, .mp4 show thumbnails just fine, but .webm files only show icons. I've tried several solutions but none have worked so far.What I've...
  9. Why are some .MOV files showing thumbnails in WIN11 File Explorer while others are not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are some .MOV files showing thumbnails in WIN11 File Explorer while others are not?: I imported pictures and videos from my iphone to WIN11. In File Explorer, one of the .MOV files shows a thumbnail previews, while the rest do not. Other file types like HEIC are showing thumbnails as well. I took a snapshot to show as an example.How do I fix this so that all...
  10. Why are some .MOV files showing thumbnails in WIN11 File Explorer while others are not?

Why are some .MOV files showing thumbnails in WIN11 File Explorer while others are not?: I imported pictures and videos from my iphone to WIN11. In File Explorer, one of the .MOV files shows a thumbnail previews, while the rest do not. Other file types like HEIC are showing thumbnails as well. I took a snapshot to show as an example.How do I fix this so that all...