Windows 10: Thumbnails

Discus and support Thumbnails in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Have thumbnails on all video and photos except vob files. Always had thumbnails on vob files in windows 7? Is this normal for windows 10? 25881 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by slider, Oct 9, 2015.

1. slider Win User

Thumbnails

Have thumbnails on all video and photos except vob files.
    Always had thumbnails on vob files in windows 7?
    Is this normal for windows 10?

:)

slider, Oct 9, 2015
  2. dr_nitun Win User

Breaking in bugs or Faults?

Lord Alias,

I do that as well-let the thumbnails load up completely on the screen. However, as I cycle to the next set of thumbnails, the phone takes awhile to load those thumbnails up.

Is this the same for you or once you give the phone 10seconds to load up the initial thumbnails; all thumbnails that follow load up instantly?

dr_nitun, Oct 9, 2015
  3. How do I get Windows to generate thumbnails for images larger than 10000kb in size?

So this one gets curiouser and curiouser.

In my regular user profile, the images above 10000kb don't generate thumbnails.

In my admin user profile, the images above 10000kb don't generate thumbnails.

Our IT department's admin profile generates thumbnails for JPGs larger than 10000kb, but not any other commonly thumbnailed image format (no BMP, no PNG, no TIFF thumbnails).

The thumbnails that that account sees for large JPGs don't show up when loaded by my accounts!

Patrick-SCS, Oct 9, 2015
Thema:

Thumbnails

1. Thumbnails - Similar Threads - Thumbnails

2. Thumbnails will not show

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails will not show: Hi.I`m pulling my hair out here.I`ve requested help from "Bleeping Computer" forum, and even they are stumped.My Thumbnails will not show using explorer.exeI`ve tried all the recommendations to resolve it.Deleting cache, setting defaults, scan deive for errors, all of them,...
  3. Thumbnails not showing, only icons

Thumbnails not showing, only icons: Hi.I`ve tried all the recommendations that were on Google, and cant get the thumbnails to come back.All of these I`ve tried..............https://allthings.how/10-ways-to-fix-image-and-video-thumbnails-not-showing-problem-on-windows-10/Even asked "Bleeping Computer" forum...
  4. How to turn off thumbnails for certain file types

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to turn off thumbnails for certain file types: Hi thereI'm trying to find a solution to turn off the thumbnail display for word and pdf files. Excel, notes files show an icon as standard and I would like other work files to do the same. It was like that with my old PC but with the new one is somehow different. The option...
  5. Always show icons, never thumbnails only apply to folders

Always show icons, never thumbnails only apply to folders: How to "always show icons, never thumbnails" only apply to folders, but not filesAdvanced settings only have a option which both apply to files and folders, if i select that, my pictures will only have icons but not thumbnail which i don't want that.I tried to figure it out...
  6. Hoover preview of thumbnails on taskbar are black.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hoover preview of thumbnails on taskbar are black.: Hoover preview of thumbnails on taskbar are black. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hoover-preview-of-thumbnails-on-taskbar-are-black/d989f7f2-d520-47e5-ab60-63b6d9c2f2bb
  7. Preview thumbnails for Video Files are a random part of the videos

Preview thumbnails for Video Files are a random part of the videos: Been having this issue since last week where I transfer my video files to a new computer. They all should have a thumbnail I embedded into them, but it is just getting ignored, and instead shows a random slide of the video as its cover....
  8. How to restore photo thumbnail images

How to restore photo thumbnail images: All my thumbnail views of my photos have this annoying green box with a checkmark. Where did they come from? How do I get rid of them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-restore-photo-thumbnail-images/53181d34-d2bc-42fc-805b-91e405ec452d
  9. Windows 10 taskbar thumbnail preview broken

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 taskbar thumbnail preview broken: Hey,I did everything written here and it still not working.On a different administrator account it does work without me having to change any settings.I'm using Windows 10 Home, it was working regularly until last night....
  10. notification number on chrome thumbnail won't stop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    notification number on chrome thumbnail won't stop: I am getting numbers on a thumbnail on my homepage. I went into settings which already said "block all" and created an extra separate block all for this website. It didn't help. I iwent to privacy, security, what sites can do, etc. I followed the instructions. no use.This may...