Windows 10: Thumbprint of a Certificate help

Discus and support Thumbprint of a Certificate help in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello Before doing a format on my computer and a fresh install i copied the things i wanted to save to an external hard drive. Now that i have the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Nblake, Aug 26, 2018.

1. Nblake Win User

Thumbprint of a Certificate help

Hello

Before doing a format on my computer and a fresh install i copied the things i wanted to save to an external hard drive. Now that i have the installation done, i can access everything except all the pictures that i had. They appear with a lock on the top right, when i try to copy or cut i recive the msg that i need permission from a long number that seems to be a Thumbprint of a Certificate on those pictures, but i never add that. It seems like windows decided to encript all the images for some reason...

Thanks for any help in advance

:)

Nblake, Aug 26, 2018

2. thumbprint

Certificate for local system with Thumbprint c6 e7 54 db 47 b0 9f d2 d0 2c 0c 2b 27 f1 04 5a d5 97 48 8b is about to expire or already expired.

JPickett60, Aug 26, 2018
  3. help to remote connect

not sure how to use both programs u 2 suggested, i need more helpful steps thanks

Corduroy_Jr, Aug 26, 2018
  4. mlee49 Win User

A+ Certification Help

I would skip the official class, unless it pays for the A+ exam fee. Just study from the book and practice sites(plenty of them online).

The thing with the A+ cert is it's crap by itself. To do much of anything, and literally it wont be much, you'll need a matching pair of IT or Microsoft Cert's to get you anywhere.

I'd suggest the certs route rather than a 2 year 'technical' degree like DeVry or even some Associate's of Science programs. The certs are learn at your own pace(no pressure to take the exam, totally when your ready) and you can add them individually.

More on certs here:
    Page not found - 404 Error
    http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en/us/certification/cert-overview.aspx

More complete list of outside certs:
    List of I.T. Certifications

from linux to Cisco

mlee49, Aug 26, 2018
Thema:

1. Thumbprint of a Certificate help - Similar Threads - Thumbprint Certificate help

2. Certificate for local system with Thumbprint 2d 5b *** 18 37 is about to expire or already...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Certificate for local system with Thumbprint 2d 5b *** 18 37 is about to expire or already...: Hi. I keep getting this waring: Certificate for local system with Thumbprint 2d 5b *** 18 37 is about to expire or already expired. I don't have a Thumbprint scanner on my PC. I would assume Windows 10 would know this and not check for a valid certificate. How do I get rid of...
  3. Certificate for local system with Thumbprint 2d 5b *** 18 37 is about to expire or already...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Certificate for local system with Thumbprint 2d 5b *** 18 37 is about to expire or already...: Hi. I keep getting this waring: Certificate for local system with Thumbprint 2d 5b *** 18 37 is about to expire or already expired. I don't have a Thumbprint scanner on my PC. I would assume Windows 10 would know this and not check for a valid certificate. How do I get rid of...
  4. Thumbprints in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thumbprints in windows 11: Where is the option to print thumbprints in windows 11. I can print an individual picture but I want to print thumbprints of all the pictures in a folder and there appears to be no print tab anywhere...
  5. Thumbprints in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thumbprints in windows 11: Where is the option to print thumbprints in windows 11. I can print an individual picture but I want to print thumbprints of all the pictures in a folder and there appears to be no print tab anywhere...
  6. Fix: Cannot find server certificate with thumbprint while restoring SQL database

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fix: Cannot find server certificate with thumbprint while restoring SQL database: When restoring a database you might get the below error. System.Data.SqlClient.SQLError: Cannot find server certificate with thumbprint [ATTACH] This is because the database was encrypted with Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and you will not be able to restore it until...
  7. "Certificate for local system with Thumbprint ...is about to expire or already expired."

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Certificate for local system with Thumbprint ...is about to expire or already expired.": I'm trying to understand this error... Event ID 64 Certificate for local system with Thumbprint ...is about to expire or already expired. I get it multiple times per day. This is my <1 year old Desktop computer running Windows 10 Home. OS Build 19041.684 I'd like to...
  8. Event 64 Error Message about expired thumbprint certificate

in Windows 10 Support
    Event 64 Error Message about expired thumbprint certificate: I just started getting the message attached below: [img] I read the older threads, but things seem to have changed. The Microsoft site https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/pre...ectedfrom=MSDN says it hasn't updated the directions & my console root doesn't have a "personal"...
  9. Fix: Cannot find server certificate with thumbprint while restoring SQL database

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Fix: Cannot find server certificate with thumbprint while restoring SQL database: When restoring a database you might get the below error. System.Data.SqlClient.SQLError: Cannot find server certificate with thumbprint [ATTACH] This is because the database was encrypted with Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) and you will not be able to restore it until...
  10. thumbprint

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    thumbprint: Certificate for local system with Thumbprint c6 e7 54 db 47 b0 9f d2 d0 2c 0c 2b 27 f1 04 5a d5 97 48 8b is about to expire or already expired. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/thumbprint/d837a9b0-97d2-4194-9733-6eb562316fbc