Windows 10: Thunderbird 68.11.0 gives can't load xpcom error

Discus and support Thunderbird 68.11.0 gives can't load xpcom error in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Thunderbird was working fine, but now I get the above error. If I restart Windows, the error seems to go away, but comes back again. I saw this thread... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by phrab, Aug 3, 2020.

1. phrab Win User

Thunderbird 68.11.0 gives can't load xpcom error

Thunderbird was working fine, but now I get the above error. If I restart Windows, the error seems to go away, but comes back again. I saw this thread "Firefox "can't load XPCOM" - even with complete fresh reinstall" from 2017 relating to Firefox & have searched the internet. Some say to uninstall & then reinstall Thunderbird, but several say that doesn't help.

Has anyone else had this problem (or use Thunderbird)? Any help would be appreciated.

:)

phrab, Aug 3, 2020

2. Firefox "can't load XPCOM" - even with complete fresh reinstall

Then why care if you can't open it??*Wink

Josey Wales, Aug 3, 2020
  3. SK-1 Win User
    Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

I need to change from Thunderbird,...can you list some alternatives?

SK-1, Aug 3, 2020
  4. rick22 Win User

Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

yes gmail and mail.com

rick22, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Thunderbird 68.11.0 gives can't load xpcom error - Similar Threads - Thunderbird can't load

2. WMIC gives maxcapacity 0

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WMIC gives maxcapacity 0: HiI am using an ESC H55H-M motherboard with an i7-875k CPU. Currently has 8GB RAM but I am wondering if I can upgrade to 16GB with 2 Samsung 8GM DDR3 1333 RAM?Thanks,Stanley Ang...
  3. WMIC gives maxcapacity 0

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMIC gives maxcapacity 0: HiI am using an ESC H55H-M motherboard with an i7-875k CPU. Currently has 8GB RAM but I am wondering if I can upgrade to 16GB with 2 Samsung 8GM DDR3 1333 RAM?Thanks,Stanley Ang...
  4. WMIC gives maxcapacity 0

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 11 and Thunderbird

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 and Thunderbird: After the Windows update on April 19 my Thunderbird email app stopped working with Gmail. I get an error saying unable to log into server imap.gmail.com Using Thunderbird on a Windows 10 computer with the same accounts works perfectly....
  6. Windows 11 and Thunderbird

Windows 11 and Thunderbird: After the Windows update on April 19 my Thunderbird email app stopped working with Gmail. I get an error saying unable to log into server imap.gmail.com Using Thunderbird on a Windows 10 computer with the same accounts works perfectly....
  7. "Loadstring 0 Error. Could not load string resource"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Loadstring 0 Error. Could not load string resource": I'm seeing this question ask time and time again with no rhyme or reason to the cause of this error. I get this error every day and it only pops up when I plug in the charger. It is the same charger that came with the laptop. I hope there is an explanation bc the pop up is...
  8. Thunderbird 78.2.1 Error while saving draft - The configured key ID '0

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird 78.2.1 Error while saving draft - The configured key ID '0: "Error while saving draft - The configured key ID '0x80E4F2DB5C1F0963' cannot be found on your keyring." I keep on getting this error message on Thunderbird 78.2.1 Windows 10 ver When I go to write and email, the above message pops up after about a minute while writing an...
  9. Email error Thunderbird/Gmail

Email error Thunderbird/Gmail: Hi. Email works fine. Getting an error (lower right corner) occasionally that says "Authentication Error:" then it quickly disappears (too fast to read). Can I keep it on the screen? Dell laptop that has worked fine almost a year. No Pause button. Any fix? Thanks....
  10. Firefox "can't load XPCOM" - even with complete fresh reinstall

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox "can't load XPCOM" - even with complete fresh reinstall: I have tried seemingly everything bar reinstalling Windows 10 to try to get Firefox to work again. I've moved my profile to an external HDD, and deleted everywhere I know that Firefox is located: C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox (OR) C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox...