Windows 10: Thunderbird as a replacement to Outlook

Discus and support Thunderbird as a replacement to Outlook in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello All, I have Office 2010 on our home PC. Yes, I know it is ancient but it works for my wife and I. I may upgrade to Office 2019 so I can get the... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bpatters69, May 10, 2021.

1. Thunderbird as a replacement to Outlook

Hello All, I have Office 2010 on our home PC. Yes, I know it is ancient but it works for my wife and I. I may upgrade to Office 2019 so I can get the latest Excel, Word and Powerpoint but I may use Thunderbird in place of Outlook. I am testing Thunderbird right now with a gmail account I have but I have not migrated our main email account over to Thunderbird. I need to figure out how to convert PST files to a format that Thunderbird can use. I see a bunch of web resources regarding the conversion so I will use them once I decide to fully migrate to Thunderbird. What do you think of Thunderbird? Any negatives or positives? Do you have a better suggestion for an alternative to Outlook? From my own experience, I like Thunderbird. I have been using it for a few days and I cannot think of one reason to stick with Outlook, plus, I really don't like having to pay an annual fee for Outlook 365. Thanks, Bill

:)

bpatters69, May 10, 2021

2. Thunderbird as a replacement to Outlook

Hello All,

I have Office 2010 on our home PC. Yes, I know it is ancient but it works for my wife and I. I may upgrade to Office 2019 so I can get the latest Excel, Word and Powerpoint but I may use Thunderbird in place of Outlook. I am testing Thunderbird right now with a gmail account I have but I have not migrated our main email account over to Thunderbird. I need to figure out how to convert PST files to a format that Thunderbird can use. I see a bunch of web resources regarding the conversion so I will use them once I decide to fully migrate to Thunderbird.

What do you think of Thunderbird?
    Any negatives or positives?
    Do you have a better suggestion for an alternative to Outlook?

From my own experience, I like Thunderbird. I have been using it for a few days and I cannot think of one reason to stick with Outlook, plus, I really don't like having to pay an annual fee for Outlook 365.

Thanks, Bill

bpatters69, May 10, 2021
  3. trevo Win User
    Thunderbird as a replacement to Outlook

I use Thunderbird, version 78.10.1 (64-bit) and think it's great at what it does, email and calendar.

I'm not sure it is a direct replacement for Outlook, of which I have little experience, but would recommend it as a personal desktop email client.

trevo, May 10, 2021
  4. Thunderbird as a replacement to Outlook

Hi Samuria,

Yes, I tried the direct import but it said:

Thunderbird as a replacement to Outlook [​IMG]

I think its because I have Outlook installed on my D drive vs the C drive.

PSTWALKER has a program that converts PST to a format that TB understands. I will use the program once I figure out if PSTWALKER is legitimate. It seems to be.

Do you like Thunderbird?

bpatters69, May 10, 2021
Thema:

1. Thunderbird as a replacement to Outlook - Similar Threads - Thunderbird replacement Outlook

2. Importing saved Outlook Express (.dbx) mails to Thunderbird Email Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Importing saved Outlook Express (.dbx) mails to Thunderbird Email Client: Win 7 Ultimate. Plenty of ram and 1TB sata hd. 1)...I have saved Outlook Express e-mails in dbx format (literally thousands) (multiple identities) and want to import them into Thunderbird (TB) V 102.8.0...... 2)...I looked in TB in the "import" section/selection and there...
  3. How to get the best thunderbird to Outlook PST Converter?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get the best thunderbird to Outlook PST Converter?: If you are trying to get the best Thunderbird to Outlook PST Converter, try SysInspire MBOX Converter Software. Users can smoothly convert Thunderbird to PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, etc. and users can see live preview while conversion. It has the option to convert Thunderbird...
  4. How to get the best thunderbird to Outlook PST Converter?

How to get the best thunderbird to Outlook PST Converter?: If you are trying to get the best Thunderbird to Outlook PST Converter, try SysInspire MBOX Converter Software. Users can smoothly convert Thunderbird to PST, EML, EMLX, MSG, HTML, etc. and users can see live preview while conversion. It has the option to convert Thunderbird...
  5. Thunderbird as a replacement to Outlook

Thunderbird as a replacement to Outlook: Hello All, I have Office 2010 on our home PC. Yes, I know it is ancient but it works for my wife and I. I may upgrade to Office 2019 so I can get the latest Excel, Word and Powerpoint but I may use Thunderbird in place of Outlook. I am testing Thunderbird right now with a...
  6. thunderbird

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    thunderbird: I can't get the reply and the other one's up on my computer. Jim Bates 860-361-6805 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thunderbird/50269599-4041-4eb1-8178-0befe3763d4d
  7. Cannot connect to my email servers using Outlook 2016 or Thunderbird

Cannot connect to my email servers using Outlook 2016 or Thunderbird: Task 'Synchronizing subscribed folders for L: sock@gmail.com.' reported error (0x800CCC0E) : 'Outlook cannot synchronize subscribed folders for L: sock@gmail.com. Error: Cannot connect to the server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator...
  8. Sendto function in Windows 10 - Mail- Outlook- Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Sendto function in Windows 10 - Mail- Outlook- Thunderbird: With a new Acer Aspire E 15 and Windows 10, the Sendto function would only default to Outlook. Messages would not send unless Outlook was open. Could not get the sendto option to use Mail10. Therefore installed Thunderbird. Works perfectly. Right click sendto, fill in...
  9. Moving from Thunderbird to Outlook 2016

in Browsers and Email
    Moving from Thunderbird to Outlook 2016: Having all sorts of problems. Finally managed to import my thousands of saved emails (had to buy a program to do it) but cannot get them to be sub-folders of the inbox, only down at the bottom as "Outlook data file". Cannot import contacts. I export to csv but they...
  10. Latest Daily update (Thunderbird replacement) loses all email settings

Latest Daily update (Thunderbird replacement) loses all email settings: Daily is the name given to the new replacement for Mozilla Thunderbird. It often has daily updates, and the one today (08 Jan 2016) causes it to lose all email settings. As a result, when it start is shows no existing email, no email account, and looks like you are starting...