Windows 10: thunderbird contacts

Discus and support thunderbird contacts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; using Thunderbird, there appears to be a huge difference to MS Outlook. I'm having trouble with "contacts" - I have a list of Contacts, but how do i... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by maurylen, Sep 10, 2016.

1. maurylen Win User

thunderbird contacts

using Thunderbird, there appears to be a huge difference to MS Outlook. I'm having trouble with
    "contacts" - I have a list of Contacts, but how do i transfer singularly from the list to the address line in the email page? hope this makes sense

:)

maurylen, Sep 10, 2016
  2. RickCP Win User

Thunderbird message- Warning: This site makes use of a SHA-1 Certificate...

Not malware related. You should contact
    Thunderbird Support
    . See:
    Configuring Certificates
    (Thunderbird Help).

RickCP, Sep 10, 2016
  3. oteckre Win User
    Phone numbers don't show in Thunerbird

If i syncronize my 7230 and ovi suite 2.2.1.23 with thunderbird 3.1.7 all phone numbers don't show in Thunderbird.

most bad thing: if i change contacts in thunderbird the syncronization leads to a "backward" deletion of all numbers in ovi suite and the mobile.

oteckre, Sep 10, 2016
  4. thunderbird contacts

Hi:

Welcome.

I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand your question.*Sad

Are you trying to import contacts from Outlook into your Thunderbird address book?
    EDIT: Or are you trying to address an email (enter an email address)?
    Or something else?

Thanks,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 10, 2016
  5. maurylen Win User
    Hi MM, something else - I have some contacts from OE and can add more if necessary. In outlook it was possible to click on an email address in a contacts folder that would send it to the recipients area at the top of the message, any number of addresses could be transferred. In Thunderbird that doesn't seem to be possible. All I could get was one at a time but not in the same line - I hope this makes sense

maurylen, Sep 10, 2016
  6. Hi:

So, if I understand your question correctly, you would like to know how to address a Thunderbird email message to multiple recipients from your contact list?

I do not use Outlook or OE or WLM or any other MS email client, but....

...for Thunderbird, the easiest way to address an email is to type the name of the recipient in the To: field and let Thunderbird auto-complete.

But there are other ways to do this, including selecting addresses from the Contacts Pane and creating a "mailing list" for a group of recipients, as explained here:

Addressing an Email | Thunderbird Help
    Enter email addresses - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
    Mailing lists - MozillaZine Knowledge Base

I hope this helps,

MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 10, 2016
  7. maurylen Win User
    that seems very helpful MM, it's getting late here and work tomorrow, I'll follow up later. Thank you for your comments, till tomorrow, cheers

maurylen, Sep 10, 2016
  8. thunderbird contacts

OK, sounds good.

Please post back when you have a chance, so that we can all learn.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Sep 10, 2016
  9. maurylen Win User
    okay! have figured it out, got the current contacts to send and new ones also. That link is very helpful
    Thanks for your advice MM

maurylen, Sep 11, 2016
  10. Hi:

That's excellent news.
    I'm glad you were able to resolve your issue.
    Yes, there's always a bit of a learning curve when switching to a new email client or other new program...

Thanks for taking the time to let us know.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

thunderbird contacts

1. thunderbird contacts - Similar Threads - thunderbird contacts

2. Emails will not write to Thunderbird app after Windows 10 reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Emails will not write to Thunderbird app after Windows 10 reset: I followed the procedure to reset Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion-g Laptop. It was successful and the updates installed, but now I cannot download email to my Thunderbird app and get the message "Unable to write the email to the mailbox....". "Unable to write the email to the...
  3. Emails will not write to Thunderbird app after Windows 10 reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Emails will not write to Thunderbird app after Windows 10 reset: I followed the procedure to reset Windows 10 on my HP Pavilion-g Laptop. It was successful and the updates installed, but now I cannot download email to my Thunderbird app and get the message "Unable to write the email to the mailbox....". "Unable to write the email to the...
  4. Emails will not write to Thunderbird app after Windows 10 reset

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for Password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for Password.: Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for the Password for my Hotmail Account. As it was the old version of it I had I uninstalled it. I then installed the latest version Thunderbird 11.5.0.1 Supernova 64 BIt. It stopped doing for a bit but now it has started to ask for the...
  6. Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for Password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for Password.: Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for the Password for my Hotmail Account. As it was the old version of it I had I uninstalled it. I then installed the latest version Thunderbird 11.5.0.1 Supernova 64 BIt. It stopped doing for a bit but now it has started to ask for the...
  7. Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for Password.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  8. Windows is blocking Thunderbird from getting mail and saving passwords

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is blocking Thunderbird from getting mail and saving passwords: When both Windows and Thunderbird are in normal mode retrieving mail and saving passwords does not workhere is the problemWhen Thunderbird starts it asks for the password to get mail. After entering the password, Thunderbird hangs with 'Host contacted, sending login...
  9. Windows is blocking Thunderbird from getting mail and saving passwords

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is blocking Thunderbird from getting mail and saving passwords: When both Windows and Thunderbird are in normal mode retrieving mail and saving passwords does not workhere is the problemWhen Thunderbird starts it asks for the password to get mail. After entering the password, Thunderbird hangs with 'Host contacted, sending login...
  10. How do you import contacts into Windows 10 Mail from Thunderbird?

in Browsers and Email
    How do you import contacts into Windows 10 Mail from Thunderbird?: I have contacts in my Thunderbird email client on my old laptop and when I bought a new laptop I've decided to try using the Windows 10 Mail app. instead of installing Thunderbird. However, I can't figure out how import my contacts from Thunderbird. Naturally if this is...