Windows 10: Thunderbird Daily's latest update broke the program

Discus and support Thunderbird Daily's latest update broke the program in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; The latest update 60.0a1 (2018-02-01) totally broke the software. It won't connect to my email server, rendering it useless for email. It also won't... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by bbinnard, Feb 1, 2018.

1. bbinnard Win User

Thunderbird Daily's latest update broke the program

The latest update 60.0a1 (2018-02-01) totally broke the software. It won't connect to my email server, rendering it useless for email. It also won't show my calendar, or task list, won't show the Options window, and won't show What's New either.

I've got a Macrium backup from which I can restore the previous version, but it's set for auto update which means as soon as I start it the same bad update will get installed.

:)

bbinnard, Feb 1, 2018
  2. loyall Win User

In Win 10 some apps are not listed in the Start Menu

OK Dustin,

Windows Media Player and Mozilla Thunderbird are not installed with Win10, but they are both programs that I have been using for years in Win 7 on this computer. As I said above, these two programs remained pinned to my Task Bar during the upgrade to Win
    10, but they are not listed in the Start Menu either in All Apps or Most Used. I am using both programs daily. Mozilla Thunderbird is listed in the uninstall list at Control Panel/Programs and Features, and Media Center is listed as an installed Windows feature
    at the same place.

loyall, Feb 1, 2018
  3. Setting a task trigger to create a daily System Restore point

The anniversary update broke a parameter. And I've updated
    the script
    and article already.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 1, 2018
  4. Samuria Win User

You sure thatsthe update number just updated mine and its only 52.6 and latest download on their page is 52.6

Samuria, Feb 1, 2018
  5. bbinnard Win User
    Thunderbird Daily's latest  update broke the program [​IMG]

bbinnard, Feb 1, 2018
  6. Callender Win User
    Usually the fix for things like that is to backup profile to external drive or USB and disconnect it. Then fully remove thunderbird and profile and reboot then reinstall it.

Callender, Feb 1, 2018
  7. clam1952 Win User
    clam1952, Feb 1, 2018
  8. bbinnard Win User

You are probably correct - but where is the download for the stable version?

bbinnard, Feb 1, 2018
  9. clam1952 Win User
    clam1952, Feb 1, 2018
  10. bbinnard Win User
    Thanks - got it. Looks like I have to reinstall my calendar add-on.

bbinnard, Feb 1, 2018
  11. I use The Released version for Email. Don't trust the daily builds.

Josey Wales, Feb 1, 2018
  12. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi folks

if you need consistent data then why use daily builds. Daily builds are usually work in progress -- released often for testing etc. - Keep stable build on your main PC and if you want to try new daily builds run them in a Virtual Machine -- Virtual Machines are really an absolutely great way of testing out most new software.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Thunderbird Daily's latest update broke the program - Similar Threads - Thunderbird Daily's latest

2. Latest Thunderbird Release 68.7.0

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Thunderbird Release 68.7.0: New release of Thunderbird email client x(86). May be one for x64 also. Check with ALT>Help>about. Release notes: Thunderbird — Release Notes (68.7.0) — Thunderbird [img] 153841
  3. Latest update broke my sound?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Latest update broke my sound?: Ever since the 2/14/2020 update my laptop (Huawei Matebook D) doesn't have sound. I've tried nearly everything I can to fix it to no avail. The Realtek HD Audio Driver simply doesn't even show up in Device Manager so I can't do anything with that. DriverEasy says my Realtek...
  4. Latest update broke laptop

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update broke laptop: Hello my packard bell easynote Installed the latest update of windows 10 but now i can not use it as when i try and reinstall windows ive got this picering noise and wont install because of the noise and i catnt turn it off eaither...
  5. Latest update broke my laptop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Latest update broke my laptop: Hi I was forced to install the latest windows update on my Lenovo Yoga 920 and now I have BSOD. I have tried every single option that windows gives in an effort to fix it, including a full reset of windows which immediately fails every time. Now I have no way to study for...
  6. Latest Thunderbird Release 68.0

in Browsers and Email
    Latest Thunderbird Release 68.0: I just got this today. I believe it is just released, although the release notes says August 15, 2019. Very quick major new build. Options are more like Firefox now. Nice build. [img] Thunderbird — Release Notes (68.0) — Mozilla 139307
  7. Latest update broke emoji panel?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest update broke emoji panel?: I just updated to Windows 10 1903, and Win+. and Win+; no longer do anything. For that matter, clicking on the "touch keyboard" button in the system tray also does nothing. I've gone through every troubleshooting solution I could find and nothing has worked. Was the feature...
  8. Latest update broke my computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Latest update broke my computer: Within the last week or so I installed the latest Windows updates to my laptop. As I was finishing up my usage of the laptop I chose the "Install updates and shut down" option on my computer and let it do it's thing. A few days later I started it up and it indicated it was...
  9. Latest Daily update (Thunderbird replacement) loses all email settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Latest Daily update (Thunderbird replacement) loses all email settings: Daily is the name given to the new replacement for Mozilla Thunderbird. It often has daily updates, and the one today (08 Jan 2016) causes it to lose all email settings. As a result, when it start is shows no existing email, no email account, and looks like you are starting...
  10. Latest Update Broke Port Forwarding

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Latest Update Broke Port Forwarding: I run multiple Minecraft servers on my Windows 10 desktop. Just recently, I rebooted my PC to install updates, and now my servers can no longer communicate even though I have set up my static IP and port forwarded correctly. I have attached an image to prove that everything...