Windows 10: Thunderbird email addresses do not appear in Firefox email link

Discus and support Thunderbird email addresses do not appear in Firefox email link in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been using Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox for many years. Currently am using Firefox version 82.0.2 on a Windows 10 laptop. My email addresses... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by billy589, Nov 9, 2020.

1. billy589 Win User

Thunderbird email addresses do not appear in Firefox email link

I have been using Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox for many years. Currently am using Firefox version 82.0.2 on a Windows 10 laptop. My email addresses are located in my Thunderbird account version 98.4.1. These new versions are the outcome of recent upgrades to my Mozilla installation. Now I find that email addresses are no longer available when I email a Web link to another party. My routine has been to use the File>Email link in Firefox, then to choose the recipient from the Address Book

Could someone please tell me how to show the Thunderbird address book when I send an email from Firefox?

:)

billy589, Nov 9, 2020

2. emailing links

Yes, you copy the url from browser and then paste into your email text area. I doubt dragging the url will work.

Seahawks65, Nov 9, 2020
  3. old email addresses

Thank you for updating me HA.111

Here is the step to remove that old email address.

Start typing an email address into the “To” field. As soon as you see the old email address being recommended as one of the potential candidates, use the down arrow key to scroll through the list of suggestions. Once you highlight the old email address, type
    the delete key. In many cases, this will actually remove the entry not only from the current list of suggestions but from future suggestions as well. You may even find that as you mouse over the drop-down list the highlighted item will have an “x” to explicitly
    allow you to delete it.

Just do this step and your good to go.

Continue to have an escellent day HA.111

Best regards,

Anthony C. De Jesus

Independent Advisor

Anthony1129, Nov 9, 2020
  4. Waddat Win User

how to clear email address auto-population

Hi,

when you start typing an email address into a new composed email, the application starts auto-suggestions of previously used emails and whatever is in the contacts.

If you mis-spelled an email once and sent an email to that address, that address still appears. How can you clear that list.

In Outlook for example you can just move arrow down on the auto-suggestion and hit delete. The same also works in IE or Firefox browsers if you want to delete auto-suggestions on previously used fields.

Cheers,

P

Waddat, Nov 9, 2020
Thema:

1. Thunderbird email addresses do not appear in Firefox email link - Similar Threads - Thunderbird email addresses

2. Email addresses

in Windows 10 Customization
    Email addresses: I have an email address on my computer for a company that I no longer work for. How can I remove that email from my account? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-addresses/12e4eef4-979a-455e-9771-4cf590e85a18
  3. email address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    email address: i have unwanted email address when i send my emails how can i delete them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/b113c0f0-30e5-4ea8-9d6b-317889dd38f1
  4. Email address

Email address: OK, I have been told that once you have set up your Microsoft account you cannot change your signin. I am trying to get away from AOL and that address is what I set my account up with. Is there anyway to change it or do I have to open up a brand new account. I am...
  5. send to not opening an email in Thunderbird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    send to not opening an email in Thunderbird: On 3/1/2019 the right click send to mail stopped working, for pictures and for pdf documents. I am using Windows 10 and Thunderbird. At one point I got an error message that another program was using my mail. Restarting produced the same error....
  6. Email address

Email address: How do you eliminate unwanted names that appear when you begin entering an email addressee name? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/email-address/f00d841f-acd3-4d7d-a208-aea9873673b6
  7. Email error Thunderbird/Gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email error Thunderbird/Gmail: Hi. Email works fine. Getting an error (lower right corner) occasionally that says "Authentication Error:" then it quickly disappears (too fast to read). Can I keep it on the screen? Dell laptop that has worked fine almost a year. No Pause button. Any fix? Thanks....
  8. Thunderbird Email Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird Email Problem: Every time I send email with Thunderbird I put multiple recipients in the Bcc: section and no one in the To: section and that is what is shown. However, when the people I'm sending it to get the email everyone is in the To: line and they can see everyone else's email address....
  9. Email address

in Browsers and Email
    Email address: I tried to send an email using live.com, my Microsoft address, and their address was invalid yet when I put the exact address the recipient in Gmail it worked. Any explanations please. Thank you Peter 47419
  10. why do strange email addresses appear as network locations?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    why do strange email addresses appear as network locations?: HI, I opened my "This PC" folder on my desktop and noticed that under Network Locations, there are two items that are named after email addresses. when I check properties I get an error say that they cant display properties. when I open them, they say that the folders are...