Windows 10: Thunderbird Email Problem

Discus and support Thunderbird Email Problem in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Thanks for those. Yep, it's as I thought. And I'm mildly pleased to see that "great minds think alike" -- @DanRaisch is **THE** Mozilla guru... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by evhid1, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Thunderbird Email Problem

Thanks for those.

Yep, it's as I thought.

And I'm mildly pleased to see that "great minds think alike" -- @DanRaisch is **THE** Mozilla guru (especially when it comes to TB):

I'd keep TB over Hotmail/Outlook any day.
    But I guess you'll need to decide the best workaround for your needs.

Thanks for the update,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 16, 2016
  2. evhid1 Win User

No problem and your welcome for the update. You helped me out with my other problem so spreading information to the TB, Firefox users, and Microsoft, community is what these forums are all about. Hope it will help somebody.

evhid1, Aug 17, 2016
  3. Hi:

If you are so inclined, you may wish to mark this thread as "solved".

I'm glad I could help.
    Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 17, 2016
  4. OldMike65 Win User

Thunderbird Email Problem

Actually You can still use your hotmail account, as long as you don't mind sending and receiving all your mail from Hotmails web page. You don't need to download any mail, it stays right on MS server. I never download my emails, I let them stay right on the hotmail's server. From there I can block any junk email that gets to my inbox, with just a couple clicks. But Hotmail does a great job of blocking 90% of the junk mail anyhow. You don't need TB at all. Use a program that is also free that monitors all your mail accounts, up to every 30 sec's, depending on how you set it up. I have always thought its safer to read emails with attachments on an MS sever than on my hard drive anyhow. Hard to get infected if you don't download any mail to your own hard drive.
    I have had my Hotmail Account for at least 12 to 14 years now. Lost track.....Never had a problem. The program that is free and can monitor your email on Hotmail, and tells you when ever you get new mail on your Hotmail account is called Howard. Been using it for a very long time now. It runs on your taskbar and also will display new mail in the Windows Action center. uses very little memory. Is Rock Solid. Maybe you want to give it a shot. I have a Gmail account also....just hardly ever use it. Also have a Yahoo mail account. But my Hotmail account has always been my MAIN email account, and always will be. Here is the link for Howard Email Notifier.
    Howard::Outlook.com / GMail / Yahoo / mail.ru / orange.fr / Lotus Notes Email Notifier - The SZ

OldMike65, Aug 17, 2016
  5. ^^ Sounds interesting, @OldMike65. ^^

I guess it would depend on how the OP uses his email.
    If he is set up as POP3, not IMAP, an email client is necessary/helpful.
    Likewise, if he has multiple accounts (ISP, webmail, Exchange, etc.), an email client is helpful.
    And the email client offers many customizations and features that naked webmail may not.
    There are other virtues to using an email client vs. webmail, but the OP will need to weigh the pros and cons of changing over from his hotmail to his gmail account, if he wants to have use of the "BCC:" feature.

For what it's worth I submitted the link to "Howard" that you supplied to VT, and there is one hit:
    https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/0687e81dd2f1c0ef73abbedaae44d934529c64d015cb81a081057002f92c1c94/analysis/1471478844/

When I did a Google search for "Howard - Outlook" it returned a different URL, which came up with 1 hit + 1 "suspicious" rating:
    https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/5f...is/1471478847/

I did not download the software or submit it to VT.
    Both the download sites and the software may be safe -- I merely provide the VT info "as is".

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 17, 2016
  6. OldMike65 Win User
    Its a tiny program made a good programmer. There IS NO virus or anything installed in Howard Period!!! I would know real quick if there was, as I have 4 programs that check for things like that. Also like I said, I have been using it FOR YEARS now, and it gets constantly updated all the time. I really don't care what those programs told you. Because its not well known, they are giving it a bad rap in my opinion. It passes on MalwareBytes Pro, Hitman Pro, and SAS, Even Nortons has checked it.....passes on all of them.
    @evhid1
    The user can also install Windows Essentials 2012 which has Windows Live Mail that still runs on our Windows 10 just fine, and WILL download his mail from Outlook.com just fine. So the user does have a choice if he wants one. *Smile
    The link for Windows Essentials is below, this is ON Microsoft's site. This is a FREE program.
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ows-essentials

OldMike65, Aug 17, 2016
  7. OldMike65 Win User
    Also....I can post where Microsoft even says they have updated Windows live Mail for Windows 10 ....so like I said he has choices. *Smile I got Windows live mail running on my 2nd computer. Windows 10 Pro ....no problems.

OldMike65, Aug 17, 2016
  8. Thunderbird Email Problem

Hi:

The VT analyses I posted were for the download site.
    As I mentioned, I did not submit the software itself to VT.
    (Please feel free to do so, if you wish.)
    It could be a F/P for the site, but the VT engines do NOT give sites or programs a "bad rap" because they are not well-known.
    It's a very objective process.

VirusTotal

And, as I mentioned, I offered the VT data "as is", not to provoke an argument or even a debate.*Smile
    Please feel free to use the program and to recommend it to others.
    @evhid1, please feel free to proceed in a manner with which you are comfortable.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Aug 17, 2016
  9. evhid1 Win User
    I really appreciate all the info both of you have provided. I did put Windows Live Mail 2012 back on my computer and made new storage folders and imported my contacts. The problem was outlook.com showed up as a POP3 and MS needs it to be an IMAP type account which I changed and things "seemed" normal. A strange problem was with the "Delete" folder. When I read messages and then deleted them they did not go into the "Delete" folder they were just "gone". My folder is named "Deleted" and not "Deleted Items" and right clicking on it does not give me an option to "Empty this Folder" ( can't remember what it is suppose to say or said ). The "Delete" folder in my Storage folders still operates normally. Spent some time yesterday trying to figure that one out and couldn't so I am back to TB and probably will download and install WLM again and see if it's normal or the same thing happens. Searching help files on Windows 10 forums doesn't show anyone having this problem, so it just may be the way I imported or made new folders.
    But I will mark this thread as solved and continue my learning process, again thank you both very much for taking the time to help me with this. Take care.

evhid1, Aug 17, 2016
  10. OldMike65 Win User
    Ok But please use the link I gave you for WLM which is on Microsoft. Don't use any other site to download. The version you should be installing is 2012 version from MS. Make sure your not running the 2011 version. *Smile
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...ows-essentials

OldMike65, Aug 17, 2016
  11. evhid1 Win User
    I will use the link you provided, thank you. I do (or at least thought) I was going to the MS site to download the last 2012 Essentials and then just unchecked every thing except live mail to download. Thanks again and have a great day.

evhid1, Aug 17, 2016
  12. Excellent, @evhid1.

Thanks for taking the time to post your follow-up.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Thunderbird Email Problem

1. Thunderbird Email Problem - Similar Threads - Thunderbird Email Problem

2. Are there some display problems with the Thunderbird 78 email client?

in Browsers and Email
    Are there some display problems with the Thunderbird 78 email client?: Hi all - I upgraded to Thunderbird 78 today and it went smoothly, except that the mail folders are very spartan (no yellow color) and the composition (and message panes) are dark grey with white lettering. Now, I also had changed some color settings in Personaliztion under...
  3. Thunderbird stopped getting my emails

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird stopped getting my emails: All of a sudden, Thunderbird version 73.0b1 (32-bit) has stopped getting one of my email accounts emails. I have 2 email accounts through Comcast. One works through Thunderbird, the other just stopped working. I just noticed this and I'm not sure if it started when I did an...
  4. Thunderbird Profile problems

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird Profile problems: Windows v 1903 I have been running Windows 10 for about 3 months now. And in that time I have used Thunderbird for Email. Now, suddenly, it demands that I set up a Profile. But it won't let me set one up. There is no way I can produce a new profile or get one to "stick" in...
  5. Problems with Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with Thunderbird: Windows v 1903 I am experiencing problems with Mozilla Thunderbird dropping folders and now the Address Book. So I have copied the latest T'Bird Folder to a USB stick and will do that at least once a week. Will this ensure that I will be able to re-store all folders and...
  6. send to not opening an email in Thunderbird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    send to not opening an email in Thunderbird: On 3/1/2019 the right click send to mail stopped working, for pictures and for pdf documents. I am using Windows 10 and Thunderbird. At one point I got an error message that another program was using my mail. Restarting produced the same error....
  7. Thunderbird email client 60.3.3 released

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird email client 60.3.3 released: Link to the Mozilla ftp. 32-bit and 64-bit versions available. Directory Listing: /pub/thunderbird/releases/60.3.3/ 123123
  8. Problem with Thunderbird and MAPI

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Thunderbird and MAPI: Client of mine use Omni Accounts for POS system and Thundebird for Mail. On 2 new PC's when e-mailing from Omni it does not interact with Thunderbird. Windows 10 Home 64-bit Thunderbird set as default account. Have installed .Net framework 2 and C+ Redustributable. MAPI...
  9. Email error Thunderbird/Gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email error Thunderbird/Gmail: Hi. Email works fine. Getting an error (lower right corner) occasionally that says "Authentication Error:" then it quickly disappears (too fast to read). Can I keep it on the screen? Dell laptop that has worked fine almost a year. No Pause button. Any fix? Thanks....
  10. Thunderbird Add-on Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird Add-on Problem: I have a Dell E5500 laptop that hasn't been used for a few months. I went into Thunderbird and noticed that my Theme Font and Size Changer add-on wasn't working. I reinstalled the add-on and updated Thunderbird to version 52.3.0 and the add-on to version 55.1.These are the...