Windows 10: Thunderbird: font size sent messages very small

Discus and support Thunderbird: font size sent messages very small in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Font sizes of received and composed messages are ok. But font size in sent messages is much smaller than when I composed that message. I prefer to have... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by PiKo, Feb 6, 2020.

1. PiKo Win User

Thunderbird: font size sent messages very small

Font sizes of received and composed messages are ok.
    But font size in sent messages is much smaller than when I composed that message. I prefer to have the size larger.
    I did not find a setting for that.
    Thunderbird 72.0.2

:)

PiKo, Feb 6, 2020
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Thunderbird users Free Font size and theme changer

Hi there

Those using Thunderbird and are bugged by fonts too small this easy font size and theme changer works very well indeed.

(Works in Firefox browser too if you are using that)

Theme Font Size Changer :: Add-ons for Firefox

Thunderbird: font size sent messages very small [​IMG]

To install manually simply download and in Thunderbird / Firefox simply load add on from file and point to downloaded file.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 6, 2020
  3. jimbo45 Win User
    Thunderbird 68.1.0 Update

Hi there
    @larc919

It's definitely a gtk problem which is probably why Windows can't deal with it.

Works absolutely fine in Linux when you adjust the GTK settings in the workspace

I've got reasonable sizes now in the folder lists etc etc -- (left hand side thing I think you mentioned). Also message lists etc OK too.

Thunderbird: font size sent messages very small [​IMG]

I still need the ctrl++ thing for email texts but I only need it once and If I have thunderbird running the whole session I'm logged on to then it's no big deal.

Of course if somebody could take over font size and theme changer that would be great but currently I'm reasonably happy with thunderbird on Linux -- apart from the B/S way to set up email accounts - but that's a problem these days with loads of email clients including Outlook 2019 and Outlook/365.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Feb 6, 2020
  4. larc919 Win User

Thunderbird 68.1.0 Update

Thanks for the suggestion, Jimbo. Windows does have font settings, but all my font sizes are OK in everything except Thunderbird. And even then, fonts are too small only in the left panel on the main page and in the message lists. Fonts in other areas of Thunderbird are sized as they should be. So I don't need to reset sizes generally, but just in those two specific areas. The Theme Font & Size Changer add-on did that effectively prior to 68.0, but I understand the author decided to abandon it. Hopefully, he will relent or somebody else will pick up the gauntlet. I'm sure there are many others who have the same problem I do.

larc919, Feb 6, 2020
Thema:

1. Thunderbird: font size sent messages very small - Similar Threads - Thunderbird font size

2. Font Size too Small On Apps on Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font Size too Small On Apps on Windows: Hello,I have eyesight problems and I'm seriously struggling with the font size on some Windows apps. - Microsoft or otherwise. It is simply too small for me to see. I see people have had problems with this before and I don't know if anyone found an acceptable solution. I have...
  3. Dialog box font sizes too small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dialog box font sizes too small: I just installed Windows 11. I've been able to adjust most of my font sizes. But, I'm having trouble with dialog boxes Device manager, etc. The font is too small. Can I adjust these font sizes? Thank you ahead....
  4. Font size is to small (difficult to read)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font size is to small (difficult to read): In what world does anyone think that users like reading grey print on a white background or reading something in 4 and 6 pt font??? For example In what world does anyone think that users like reading grey print on a white background or reading something in 4 and 6...
  5. Thunderbird - working font and size changer addon

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird - working font and size changer addon: Hi folks For latest versions of Thunderbird --if you want font and size changer this updated one works Theme Font & Size Changer (fixed) :: Add-ons for Thunderbird Cheers jimbo 138104
  6. font size change after email is sent

font size change after email is sent: the font size I use in aol emails changes to a tiny font after the FIRST line of the email. Every time. I see this when I look at the "sent" email. AOL is of no help whatsoever. I use Chrome, WIndows 10, I have all the settings to the right size and locked in. I'm not sure...
  7. small display and font size

small display and font size: I was having problems with the sound on my desk top PC. I went to setting under audio/sound, I accidently clicked something that made every thing on my screen quite small. I can change the font size, but every thing else is still small. This is a problem to me because I...
  8. Font size suddenly very small

Font size suddenly very small: When I was typing an email the font size suddenly became very small within the email and within every aspect of my Windows 10. I have been unable to return it to its normal size. I cannot even respond to an email because the type is so tiny I cannot even read it. If I try to...
  9. Theme Font and Size Changer in Thunderbird 52.7.0

in Browsers and Email
    Theme Font and Size Changer in Thunderbird 52.7.0: Hi there I think also with Thunderbird you can enlarge / make smaller the whole workspace (window) by ctrl++ or ctrl-- as the workspace is still based on Firefox even though development of thunderbird has moved elsewhere. Cheers jimbo I just tried that. Only would...
  10. Thunderbird users Free Font size and theme changer

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird users Free Font size and theme changer: Hi there Those using Thunderbird and are bugged by fonts too small this easy font size and theme changer works very well indeed. (Works in Firefox browser too if you are using that) Theme Font Size Changer :: Add-ons for Firefox [img] To install manually...