Windows 10: Thunderbird Inserting ?? Question Marks In Text

Discus and support Thunderbird Inserting ?? Question Marks In Text in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Recently had this known issue with double '??' littering my text threads, but only for certain email providers and found this simple about:config fix... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Farvatten, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Farvatten Win User

Thunderbird Inserting ?? Question Marks In Text

Recently had this known issue with double '??' littering my text threads, but only for certain email providers and found this simple about:config fix here:

Thunderbird Inserting Question Marks In Text • mozillaZine Forums

Tools>Options>Advanced>Config Editor

change mail.strictly_mime true

Thunderbird Inserting ?? Question Marks In Text [​IMG]

:)

Farvatten, Jul 20, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

List of tooltip texts

• Do not translate the IDS_ strings, only what's inside the "s
    • \n is a newline character that acts like "return" is pressed. so text\n\ntext2 adds a blank line between "text" and "text2"
    • %s is replaced by some inserted text, you may move the %s to other positions within the text, but if multiple %s are present they will be inserted in the same order in all languages

W1zzard, Jul 20, 2019
  3. SK-1 Win User
    Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

I need to change from Thunderbird,...can you list some alternatives?

4. Thunderbird Inserting ?? Question Marks In Text

Text Prediction and punctuation marks [N97]

Hi!

I've been using 6310i for a veeery long time Thunderbird Inserting ?? Question Marks In Text :)

Recently I decided to buy N97.

And I have a question concerning the Text Prediction feature.

Very often when I insert a word I'd like to use one of punctuation marks. For example a comma or a full stop.

So after my desired predictive text is inserted I use the "1" button.

And if the punctuation mark is not what I want, e.g. a comma appears and I want a full stop then I press the * button repeatedly to get a desired punctuation mark.

Recently I installed Custom Dictionary application from Nokia Beta Labs.

And when I edited a list of all custom words that have been added I was surprised to see that there were a lot of words with commas, full-stops, question marks at the end of exactly the same words.

So I made some tests.

It seems that when you insert a desired word and you use the "1" button to insert a punctuation mark and then you use * - the words is automatically saved to the custom dictionary with this punctuation mark at the end.

Do you think this is intentional or maybe I am using the feature incorrectly?

drMateo---01, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

Thunderbird Inserting ?? Question Marks In Text

1. Thunderbird Inserting ?? Question Marks In Text - Similar Threads - Thunderbird Inserting Question

2. blue question mark on my hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    blue question mark on my hard drive: hello, i have a problem every time i keep my PC on to download games, after a while the D drive gets a blue question mark on it as if its not available. when i restart the PC the drives comes back as normal but after while it happens again. its a 2TB drive and a new...
  3. I use Mozilla/Thunderbird for my emails but get strange symbols, mainly question marks,...

I use Mozilla/Thunderbird for my emails but get strange symbols, mainly question marks,...: I use Mozilla/thunderbird for my emails but get strange symbols, mainly question marks, when using the symbols on the upper case of the number keys. What can I do?...
  4. Question mark on HDD

Question mark on HDD: my hdd has a blue question mark symbol on it. i cant access the drive and it is not shown on the disk management https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/question-mark-on-hdd/18387b81-7a88-4936-92ef-41552dbaf302
  5. Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text.

Cursor jumps while highlighting text and inserting text.: While I'm typing in an email my cursor will jump while inserting text in the email. What can I do to prevent this from happening? Also, when I go to highlight an area, it jumps around and highlights the entire text, not just the area I wanted highlighted. Any...
  6. Windows marks the wrong text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows marks the wrong text: I have an issue that is really starting to get annoying. I have had it for years, but its getting annoying lately. Sometimes if i try to mark a word or some text in my browser or somewhere else, windows seems to mark a lot of words and text that im not pointing at with my...
  7. Inserting text with hotkey saves it to clipboard

in Windows 10 Support
    Inserting text with hotkey saves it to clipboard: I have some info assigned to hotkeys. When I enter into a form the string is also saved to the clipboard. How can I prevent this? 114471
  8. Keyboard Question Mark not Working

Keyboard Question Mark not Working: 127/5000 why my question mark on the keyboard is not working when i press that shift but when i slash it ok https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/keyboard-question-mark-not-working/d612e4a2-d539-4e35-b610-f04ef52cd016
  9. How do I restore text that changed to question marks on wordpad file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I restore text that changed to question marks on wordpad file: [img] 70705
  10. This question is about inserting images in this forum?

in Windows 10 Support
    This question is about inserting images in this forum?: Hi I'd like to know how I insert an image in my posts without it repeating the image below the main body of the post. It seem that every time I post an image I end up with is appearing twice, I've messed around with it but when I try and remove the attachment the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thunderbird email question mark