Windows 10: Thunderbird/MozBackup failure, am in desperate straits!

Discus and support Thunderbird/MozBackup failure, am in desperate straits! in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I have used MozBackup for years to restore Thunderbird after a new laptop or a reinstall of Windows, but this time it has failed, over and over.... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by clemenzina, Oct 7, 2019.

1. Thunderbird/MozBackup failure, am in desperate straits!

I have used MozBackup for years to restore Thunderbird after a new laptop or a reinstall of Windows, but this time it has failed, over and over.

First, it couldn't find the pcv but it could when I went into Browse and re-selected the file. Also, I don't remember seeing this "default-release" option before.

Thunderbird/MozBackup failure, am in desperate straits! [​IMG]

Eventually it went thru the process successfully but when I open Thunderbird this is what I see - I'm sure that in the past Thunderbird opens as it was when I backed it up, not as a new blank program that needs the email a/c setting up :-/

Thunderbird/MozBackup failure, am in desperate straits! [​IMG]

I've gone round in circles - I saw (paraphrasing) "after you've installed Thunderbird open it once to make sure profiles.ini is created" but there's no profiles.ini to be found in the x86 folder. Somewhere else it said the same thing, almost, but it was registry.dat that should have been created and that's not there either.

Then I read that MozBackup 1.5.1 has problems and that 1.5.2 beta is preferable - I've always used 1.5.1. Could I install 1.5.2 beta on top of 1.5.1, or uninstall the latter and install the former? The backed up files are on D-drive, completely separate from program files, and this has always been the case.

I also found a suggested fix - the pcv file should be changed to zip and unzipped, which I've done after copying the pcv into a separate folder... but what then? I can't understand how to go about it.

I started using Thunderbird to replace Outlook Express, so you can imagine there's a heckuva lot of history to be lost *Sick

Sorry if I haven't been clear enough - am so frazzled and just can't keep stopping all ongoing "work" to install/uninstall/reboot this 'n that. I do hope someone can recommend a step-by-step.

(And to make matters worse, I'm getting the same problem that made me reinstall Win10 in the first place, that's going to be another question to TenForums!)

:)

clemenzina, Oct 7, 2019
  2. SK-1 Win User

Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

I need to change from Thunderbird,...can you list some alternatives?

SK-1, Oct 7, 2019
  3. rick22 Win User
    Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

yes gmail and mail.com

rick22, Oct 7, 2019
  4. Thunderbird/MozBackup failure, am in desperate straits!

Thunderbird and Windows 10

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, perform the following troubleshooting steps:

• Temporary disable software that could be blocking Thunderbird's functionality. (e.g. Antivirus software)
    • If the issue still persists, perform a clean boot to identify what software is hindering Thunderbird. Click on this

link
      on how.
    Let us know how it goes.

Gerald Vit, Oct 7, 2019
Thema:

Thunderbird/MozBackup failure, am in desperate straits!

1. Thunderbird/MozBackup failure, am in desperate straits! - Similar Threads - Thunderbird MozBackup failure

2. Send Email from Thunderbird on Win 10 Pro and get Microsoft failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Send Email from Thunderbird on Win 10 Pro and get Microsoft failure: I have been sending a series of emails out of Thunderbird to *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, and I get an email from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** that states: Undeliverable: Re: No Cover Came with Cruzer [Incident: 190902-000112] Delivery...
  3. One "desperate" question...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One "desperate" question...: Hello again, and I am sorry that I posted too early, anyway. One question is: Why doesn't Steam let me play games? For example, my first game is Counter Strike: Global Offensive... When I try to launch this game, it says "Running", but after few seconds, it said "Syncing" and...
  4. mozbackup failing in batch file

in Browsers and Email
    mozbackup failing in batch file: I know that the author is no longer supporting mozbackup. But I'm experiencing a problem that I thought perhaps someone has found a fix for. I run mozbackup from a batch file with a single line of code: MozBackup.exe default.mozprofile default.mozprofile contains...
  5. Windows is completely dead wont boot, and cant reinstall!! I am desperate!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows is completely dead wont boot, and cant reinstall!! I am desperate!: Please help asap, this issue started 3 months ago where my laptop would start to blue screen on me it wouldnt happen much but became more recent, so I did what was recommended sfc/ scannow, recovery and a factory reset, this seemed to temporarily help but then I received more...
  6. Mozilla Thunderbird 60.3.0

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla Thunderbird 60.3.0: This version has been released today. Can be downloaded from the Mozilla ftp, 32-bit and 64-bit versions available. Directory Listing: /pub/thunderbird/releases/60.3.0/ 120836
  7. I'm desperate for help!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I'm desperate for help!!: I have a Lenovo 320-15aip lap top that is not even a year old. After my McAfee expired I downloaded AVG but I failed to install it. A month later I was on it and I noticed my settings had been changed and it would deny me access to certain files. I searched it for days...
  8. Mozilla Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla Thunderbird: Mozilla have released version 60 of thir email client. Now available in a 64-bit version as well as 32-bit. Thunderbird — Release Notes (60.0) — Mozilla 115501
  9. Thunderbird Add-on Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird Add-on Problem: I have a Dell E5500 laptop that hasn't been used for a few months. I went into Thunderbird and noticed that my Theme Font and Size Changer add-on wasn't working. I reinstalled the add-on and updated Thunderbird to version 52.3.0 and the add-on to version 55.1.These are the...
  10. thunderbird contacts

in Browsers and Email
    thunderbird contacts: using Thunderbird, there appears to be a huge difference to MS Outlook. I'm having trouble with "contacts" - I have a list of Contacts, but how do i transfer singularly from the list to the address line in the email page? hope this makes sense 63286