Windows 10: Thunderbird (now Blunderbird) Manual setup impossible

Discus and support Thunderbird (now Blunderbird) Manual setup impossible in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there can anyone describe almost in words of 1 syllable how one can set up manual connection for the latest version of Thunderbird (now it's more... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, Sep 16, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Thunderbird (now Blunderbird) Manual setup impossible

Hi there
    can anyone describe almost in words of 1 syllable how one can set up manual connection for the latest version of Thunderbird (now it's more deserving of the name Blunderbird).

Actually DO it first - don't just send a screen shot of the menu -- IT DOESN'T WORK !!! (at least on my system - Win 10 X64 current release 17134).

I complained about Office 2016 doing away with manual setups (although you can use the applet in control panel -- but that shouldn't be necessary).

Now Thunderbird is doing the same things -- automated setups are ok for people who might just have 1 account connected to ISP or something like gmail or outlook.com but if you have several accounts with different user / password / mail servers then these automated setups are an abomination.

I don't know why these email systems can't leave manual setup working for those people who want to use them.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Sep 16, 2018
  2. SK-1 Win User

Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

I need to change from Thunderbird,...can you list some alternatives?

3. malware Win User
    Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0.0.12 Released

Mozilla Corporation today announced Thunderbird 2.0.0.12 for Windows, Mac, and Linux as a free download from here. Due to the security fixes, this update is strongly recommend to all Thunderbird users. If you already have Thunderbird 2.0.0.x, you will receive an automated update notification within 24 to 48 hours. This update can also be applied manually by selecting "Check for Updates…" from the Help menu. For a list of changes and more information, please review the Thunderbird 2.0.0.12 Release Notes.

Source: Mozilla

malware, Sep 16, 2018
  4. rick22 Win User

Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

yes gmail and mail.com

rick22, Sep 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Thunderbird (now Blunderbird) Manual setup impossible - Similar Threads - Thunderbird Blunderbird Manual

2. Transfering Thunderbird program and setup fron one computer to another

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transfering Thunderbird program and setup fron one computer to another: Is there anyway to transfer earthlink settings especially emails& settins from a Dell PC, win 10 home, version 20h2 to a HP laptop having the same overall settings? My main objective is to have the two computers have the same email menus? They are both POP,have tried changing...
  3. thunderbird

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    thunderbird: I can't get the reply and the other one's up on my computer. Jim Bates 860-361-6805 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thunderbird/50269599-4041-4eb1-8178-0befe3763d4d
  4. Using Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Using Thunderbird: Hi, hope it's ok to ask here .... the Mozilla Forum is a right PITA, assuming there is one after looking for ages! The Help tells you BS.. e.g. I want to enter multiple recipients to an email message and it says Type a recipient directly into the address field, then press...
  5. Using Thunderbird

in Windows 10 Support
    Using Thunderbird: Hi, hope it's ok to ask here .... the Mozilla Forum is a right PITA, assuming there is one after looking for ages! The Help tells you BS.. e.g. I want to enter multiple recipients to an email message and it says Type a recipient directly into the address field, then press...
  6. Problems with Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with Thunderbird: Windows v 1903 I am experiencing problems with Mozilla Thunderbird dropping folders and now the Address Book. So I have copied the latest T'Bird Folder to a USB stick and will do that at least once a week. Will this ensure that I will be able to re-store all folders and...
  7. Please bring back Manual email setups - Thunderbird , Outlook etc !!!!

in Browsers and Email
    Please bring back Manual email setups - Thunderbird , Outlook etc !!!!: Hi there The rediculous idea of "automating" email account set ups is Bonkers -- in Thunderbird the only way to get back to any sort of manual setup (remember you could have separate inbound and outbound mail servers with different user id's (logon id's) and passwords) is to...
  8. Thunderbird IMAP manual config V60 - Here's how

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird IMAP manual config V60 - Here's how: Hi folks For Thunderbird using non standard types of accounts and IMAP it's not intuitive to get into the manual config screens. After add account selection : (it will assume use existing email -- don't even think of using "new email address" you'll just go round in circles...
  9. Thunderbird V60 update -- Manual config now easy

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird V60 update -- Manual config now easy: Hi folks Finally an email client has done something sensible -- restored the ease of configuring email accounts manually. Thunderbird V60 works perfectly on Windows with several accounts on IMAP. The only thing to beware of is if you use your own mail servers (often if you...
  10. Mozilla Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla Thunderbird: Mozilla have released version 60 of thir email client. Now available in a 64-bit version as well as 32-bit. Thunderbird — Release Notes (60.0) — Mozilla 115501