Windows 10: Thunderbird Profile problems

Discus and support Thunderbird Profile problems in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows v 1903 I have been running Windows 10 for about 3 months now. And in that time I have used Thunderbird for Email. Now, suddenly, it demands... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by PeterFJ, Jan 22, 2020.

1. PeterFJ Win User

Thunderbird Profile problems

Windows v 1903

I have been running Windows 10 for about 3 months now. And in that time I have used Thunderbird for Email. Now, suddenly, it demands that I set up a Profile. But it won't let me set one up. There is no way I can produce a new profile or get one to "stick" in the Profile's folder.

I can't access Thunderbird in any way, I can't even tell you what version of the app I'm using as it won't let me in.
    Can anyone help?

:)

PeterFJ, Jan 22, 2020
  2. pbmaster Win User

Thunderbird problems

Right, so my gf's dad tried to back up his mail from Thunderbird to a network HDD by changing the location of the local folder for all his accounts, which is like 3 or 4. Now, none of his mail or accounts show up in Thunderbird and they aren't listed on the network drive. I was able to locate all the mail in its original location in AppData, but I don't know how to get it back to the way it was. Any ideas would help, thanks in advance.

pbmaster, Jan 22, 2020
  3. John582n Win User
    Windows Live Issue & Thunderbird folders

Hi Allan

Windows Live Mail

Could be a corrupt WLM database. I suggest you try the following (assuming you use the default location of the WLM data).

Warning - this process will remove your email accounts and all emails in the mail boxes and Storage Folders

• Close Windows Live Mail
    • In File Explorer, navigate to C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Microsoft, locate the Windows Live Mail folder
    • Make a backup of the Windows Live Mail folder on a flash drive or somewhere else. (With this backup you will at least be able to view individual mail messages)
    • Delete the Windows Live Mail Folder
    • Restart Windows Live Mail - it should behave like when it first installed, requesting your account details etc.

Thunderbird

Which INI files did you rename? If you didn't rename any ini files in the folder C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Thunderbird\Profiles, do the following:

• Close Thunderbird
    • Make a backup copy of C:\Users\<yourusername>\AppData\Local\Thunderbird\Profiles
    • Delete the folder
    • Uninstall Thunderbird
    • Reinstall Thunderbird but don't start it
    • Restore the above folder fro the backup
    • Start Thunderbird.

If that doesn't work try playing around with the Thunderbird Profile Manager

• Hold Windows key and tap R, enter the following exactly with quotes etc. in the "Open" box, OK
    • "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Thunderbird\thunderbird.exe" -P
    • If you see "Default User", select it and tick "Use the selected profile without asking at startup"
    • Click Start Thunderbird and see if your profile (messages, accounts, contacts) appears
    • If not, close Thunderbird, Start the Thunderbird Profile Manager again
    • This time click "Create profile" to start a wizard, click Next
    • Enter a profile name, click Choose folder
    • See if you can locate your profile folder, select it. Start Thunderbird

John582n, Jan 22, 2020
  4. SK-1 Win User

Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

I need to change from Thunderbird,...can you list some alternatives?

Thema:

1. Thunderbird Profile problems - Similar Threads - Thunderbird Profile problems

2. Moving Thunderbird data or profile to a second drive ?

in Browsers and Email
    Moving Thunderbird data or profile to a second drive ?: I just installed a second drive for storage & want to offload & direct TB email to it from the C: drive. Most articles I've seen explain how to move the profile to a second drive. But some tell how to just change the file path in TB and save just the email to another drive....
  3. thunderbird

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    thunderbird: I can't get the reply and the other one's up on my computer. Jim Bates 860-361-6805 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/thunderbird/50269599-4041-4eb1-8178-0befe3763d4d
  4. Problems with Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Problems with Thunderbird: Windows v 1903 I am experiencing problems with Mozilla Thunderbird dropping folders and now the Address Book. So I have copied the latest T'Bird Folder to a USB stick and will do that at least once a week. Will this ensure that I will be able to re-store all folders and...
  5. Thunderbird: Switch POP to identical IMAP profiles on 2 computers

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird: Switch POP to identical IMAP profiles on 2 computers: I have Thunderbird on 2 computers & have a POP profile on both. I want to switch to IMAP & make sure that the profile names are identical on both computers. If I change POP to IMAP on 1 computer first, how do I make sure that the IMAP profile I create on the 2nd computer is...
  6. %appdata% on Failed Drive | Move Thunderbird Profile to New Drive

in Windows 10 Support
    %appdata% on Failed Drive | Move Thunderbird Profile to New Drive: I have found some discussions on this but none are very clear. It seems that the only way to access a profile on the old drive is through %appdata% from the Run menu. The run then %appdata% works on my current machine. But I have not been able to figure out how to search...
  7. Problem with Thunderbird and MAPI

in Browsers and Email
    Problem with Thunderbird and MAPI: Client of mine use Omni Accounts for POS system and Thundebird for Mail. On 2 new PC's when e-mailing from Omni it does not interact with Thunderbird. Windows 10 Home 64-bit Thunderbird set as default account. Have installed .Net framework 2 and C+ Redustributable. MAPI...
  8. Thunderbird Add-on Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird Add-on Problem: I have a Dell E5500 laptop that hasn't been used for a few months. I went into Thunderbird and noticed that my Theme Font and Size Changer add-on wasn't working. I reinstalled the add-on and updated Thunderbird to version 52.3.0 and the add-on to version 55.1.These are the...
  9. Thunderbird Email Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird Email Problem: Every time I send email with Thunderbird I put multiple recipients in the Bcc: section and no one in the To: section and that is what is shown. However, when the people I'm sending it to get the email everyone is in the To: line and they can see everyone else's email address....
  10. Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Thunderbird Problems

in Browsers and Email
    Windows 10 Anniversary Update and Thunderbird Problems: Ever since the Windows 10 Anniversary Update my Thunderbird is a hit and miss for email. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. When it checks for new email, often it says it cannot connect. Anyone have any solutions? 67651