Windows 10: Thunderbird stopped getting my emails

Discus and support Thunderbird stopped getting my emails in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; All of a sudden, Thunderbird version 73.0b1 (32-bit) has stopped getting one of my email accounts emails. I have 2 email accounts through Comcast. One... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Blackink, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Blackink Win User

Thunderbird stopped getting my emails

All of a sudden, Thunderbird version 73.0b1 (32-bit) has stopped getting one of my email accounts emails.
    I have 2 email accounts through Comcast. One works through Thunderbird, the other just stopped working.
    I just noticed this and I'm not sure if it started when I did an update for Thunderbird. I think it started about 6 days ago but I just noticed it.

I can log onto my Comcast account and see the emails there that don't show up in Thunderbird, I can delete them while I'm in my Comcast email settings and they do show up in the Thunderbird Trash folder. I can move emails from the Comcast web site email inbox to another folder under my main email account and when I go to Thunderbird, the emails are in that folder. I can send emails from my main email account, either through Comcast or Thunderbird, and the emails are in the Sent folder in Thunderbird.

I can send emails from this main account while in Thunderbird to my secondary Comcast email account, reply back to the main account but Thunderbird doesn't retrieve them (if that's the right word to use here). They don't show up in my Inbox for my main email account.

I don't get it. Why can I do everything with 2 email accounts in Thunderbird except the main email account won't get the emails in the Inbox?!? But when i do just about everything from my Comcast email web site, everything shows up in the required folders: Trash, Sent, Other folders??

None of the settings have changed. Both accounts have the same settings/servers/imap number, etc....

Can anyone shed some thoughts as to what might have happened or how I can fix this?!?

Steve in Central Vermont

**UPDATE**
    Even though Comcast wouldn't own up to it it seems they were having problems on their end. After I called them up and didn't get anywhere with tech support and they told me to uninstall Thunderbird, as soon as I ended the chat, I lost all Internet, everything. I tried unplugging my Modem and router to do a reset but that didn't work.
    I ended up calling Comcast and through their automated service, I told them I was having internet issues. They did a modem reset from their end and now it's working again: my internet is working and so is Thunderbird retrieving my email!
    Tends me to believe the problem WAS on their end after all....no?

:)

Blackink, Jan 31, 2020

2. Thunderbird Mail Disappearing

Ok so this may or may not be the right area for this, but I wasn't really about to find a place for it and it is kind of network related.

So I have a client of mine that worked for a real estate company, and was about to leave the company, and wanted to keep his emails. So I downloaded Thunderbird, and saved all the emails for offline mode, and while I was there verified that without an active internet connection that the emails were still within thunderbird and completely accessible.

He called today, saying that his emails aren't showing up in thunderbird. I remotely connected to his computer to investigate and somehow, the emails were no longer in offline storage, they were gone completely. We were both aware that within 24 hours of him leaving the place of business that his email account was going to be deleted and once deleted he could no longer receive new emails from that email and would only be able to access the ones that we saved offline. I have no clue where the emails went, some of them are listed in the %appdata% roaming folder for thunderbird, but none of them are appearing in thunderbird and I can't open the file for the emails or the .msf folder files in thunderbird to get access to them. When I try to it just attaches it to an email and tries to send it.

I'm at a loss, hopefully you guys have some answer to this problem, whether it be hack the email server to get them back, or some sly way to open .msf folders(all the emails are in %appdata% roaming for thunderbird), but I can't think of anything. Please help and many thanks

Exile_Chavez, Jan 31, 2020
  3. SK-1 Win User
    Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

I need to change from Thunderbird,...can you list some alternatives?

4. Thunderbird stopped getting my emails

Thunderbird and Torrex won't work in Windows 10

For your Mail settings with Thunderbird, we suggest you to get in touch with Thunderbird to get the correct information to set up your email. You can refer to this article:

Set up email in Mail for Windows 10
    for steps on how you can set up your email once you have the settings information for Thunderbird.

We also recommend you to contact the support for Torrex Pro for further assistance on checking the setup of your Torrex app on your Windows 10 PC.

Regards.

Kristine Som, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Thunderbird stopped getting my emails

1. Thunderbird stopped getting my emails - Similar Threads - Thunderbird stopped getting

2. Windows 11 Mail deleted my Thunderbird email!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Mail deleted my Thunderbird email!: I found instructions in this forum on how to remove my email account from Windows Mail, after I noticed that it was placing copies of my Outlook email there. But I don't use Windows Mail and did not set it up. I use Thunderbird and have for years. So I searched for a...
  3. Windows 11 Mail deleted my Thunderbird email!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Mail deleted my Thunderbird email!: I found instructions in this forum on how to remove my email account from Windows Mail, after I noticed that it was placing copies of my Outlook email there. But I don't use Windows Mail and did not set it up. I use Thunderbird and have for years. So I searched for a...
  4. Thunderbird email addresses do not appear in Firefox email link

in Windows 10 Customization
    Thunderbird email addresses do not appear in Firefox email link: I have been using Mozilla Thunderbird and Firefox for many years. Currently am using Firefox version 82.0.2 on a Windows 10 laptop. My email addresses are located in my Thunderbird account version 98.4.1. These new versions are the outcome of recent upgrades to my Mozilla...
  5. New Thunderbird Email Client - 60.6.1

in Browsers and Email
    New Thunderbird Email Client - 60.6.1: New update to Thunderbird - 60.6.1 Security fixes. Release Notes: Thunderbird — Release Notes (60.6.1) — Mozilla 129570
  6. send to not opening an email in Thunderbird

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    send to not opening an email in Thunderbird: On 3/1/2019 the right click send to mail stopped working, for pictures and for pdf documents. I am using Windows 10 and Thunderbird. At one point I got an error message that another program was using my mail. Restarting produced the same error....
  7. Thunderbird email client 60.3.3 released

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird email client 60.3.3 released: Link to the Mozilla ftp. 32-bit and 64-bit versions available. Directory Listing: /pub/thunderbird/releases/60.3.3/ 123123
  8. Email error Thunderbird/Gmail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email error Thunderbird/Gmail: Hi. Email works fine. Getting an error (lower right corner) occasionally that says "Authentication Error:" then it quickly disappears (too fast to read). Can I keep it on the screen? Dell laptop that has worked fine almost a year. No Pause button. Any fix? Thanks....
  9. Thunderbird Email Problem

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird Email Problem: Every time I send email with Thunderbird I put multiple recipients in the Bcc: section and no one in the To: section and that is what is shown. However, when the people I'm sending it to get the email everyone is in the To: line and they can see everyone else's email address....
  10. New Thunderbird Email Client Released

in Browsers and Email
    New Thunderbird Email Client Released: New Thunderbird Email client 52.7.0 released 03/23/18. Minor bugs and security fixes. [img] 106649