Windows 10: Thunderbird users -- Nice global Font and theme changer

Discus and support Thunderbird users -- Nice global Font and theme changer in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi there sometimes I always wonder why developers often make standard GUI's, toolbars / menu text sizes etc too TINY - especially on modern large... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jimbo45, May 15, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Thunderbird users -- Nice global Font and theme changer

Hi there
    sometimes I always wonder why developers often make standard GUI's, toolbars / menu text sizes etc too TINY - especially on modern large monitors without any way of changing these. Adobe photoshop is a typical example of the GUI with TINY fonts not really enlargeable.

Anyway here's a great (at least IMO) addon for thunderbird -- changes all fonts etc including the email message texts etc
    (works on Windows and Linux versions)

Theme Font Size Changer :: Add-ons for Thunderbird

Thunderbird users -- Nice global Font and theme changer [​IMG]

To install it after downloading in the add-ons manager click extensions and then the cog wheel in the search all addons. Chose install from file and browse to your downloaded file.

Addon is from mozilla foundation so no "nasties" in it.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 15, 2017

2. Nokia N900

yeah theme cusomizer is better than font changer..

virajxx3006, May 15, 2017
  3. elie7 Win User
    Contacts font size change N900

but theme customizer is way better, you can adjust anything in it, from fonts size and colour to apps shortcuts size, if you want to install it, make sure you delete font changer first .

elie7, May 15, 2017
  4. Thunderbird users -- Nice global Font and theme changer

Hey there Jimbo45, I saw this post and thought I would give this a try. After setting it up and using it, this is a keeper. This add-on has been the best thing for my wife's browsing and emails. She is legally blind-low vision and this add-on has made it much better for her. It helps me too for I have a hard time seeing the tiny fonts too! Thank you for mentioning this add-on. Have a great day! *Smile

robbie2745, May 15, 2017
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Glad you liked it

Works for Firefox browser too.

I have a feeling most I.T developers these days must be wearing glasses with lenses as thick as old fashioned Milk Bottles when I'm expected (20/20 vision) to read some of those incredibly tiny fonts when looking at a 60 inch monitor !!!

Any I.T developers here -- any reason why you can't make menus etc user resizeable -- I'm not a techie in the conventional sense although if there's any testing to be done they always say give it to jimbo --he always can break ANYTHING !!!! Would seem obvious to me to try stuff out on LARGE monitors to see what a lot of people use at home.

I suppose this is an area where a lot of people at home have hugely better hardware than in their offices / workplaces. !!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 15, 2017
  6. DooGie Win User
    Thanks a lot jimbo. I've been wanting this for years *Smile

DooGie, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Thunderbird users -- Nice global Font and theme changer

1. Thunderbird users -- Nice global Font and theme changer - Similar Threads - Thunderbird users Nice

2. Enlarging Font in Thunderbird 78

in Browsers and Email
    Enlarging Font in Thunderbird 78: I know this question should be asked in a Mozilla forum some where be I have not been able to find a place to ask a question on any on them regarding TBird. There must be a way to permanently increase the font size in a message window and throughout TBird. Does anyone know...
  3. Thunderbird font is tiny tiny tiny.....

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird font is tiny tiny tiny.....: I am using Thunderbird mail client version 72.0b2 (32 bit) and the font is really small. I can;t figure out how to make it bigger and any add-ons say they are not compatible with this version of Thunderbird. I first tried version 68.3.1 but ran into the same problem. I use...
  4. Some nice changes made to the "Global Media Controls" (Edge insider Canary).

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some nice changes made to the "Global Media Controls" (Edge insider Canary).: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Leopeva64-2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/d8qmlm/some_nice_changes_made_to_the_global_media/
  5. Thunderbird - working font and size changer addon

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird - working font and size changer addon: Hi folks For latest versions of Thunderbird --if you want font and size changer this updated one works Theme Font & Size Changer (fixed) :: Add-ons for Thunderbird Cheers jimbo 138104
  6. Global dark theme is an awful dictation!

in Windows 10 Customization
    Global dark theme is an awful dictation!: Hello fellow Windows 10 user, as I turned on my laptop this morning I noticed that after the update I installed yesterday some changes have happened. As alway I cross my fingers and hope Microsoft did not disimprove anything. And right away I see some cool stuff like fore...
  7. Foxfilre 57 and Theme and Font Size Changer Not Compatible

in Browsers and Email
    Foxfilre 57 and Theme and Font Size Changer Not Compatible: Since the early days of Firefox I have used the Theme and Font Size Changer add on to increase the text size of the Bookmarks Toolbar. Apparently, It does not work with FF version 57.0. Does anyone know if a compatible version is in the works or if there is a work around so...
  8. Mozilla Thunderbird lost Font formatting

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla Thunderbird lost Font formatting: My message reading Fonts suddenly lost their formatting. In Thunderbird under TOOLS > OPTIONS > DISPLAY > FORMATTING you can change the font, size, and color for reading emails. When I booted up the other day all of the fonts where set back to defaults. All of my settings...
  9. Theme Font and Size Changer in Thunderbird 52.7.0

in Browsers and Email
    Theme Font and Size Changer in Thunderbird 52.7.0: Hi there I think also with Thunderbird you can enlarge / make smaller the whole workspace (window) by ctrl++ or ctrl-- as the workspace is still based on Firefox even though development of thunderbird has moved elsewhere. Cheers jimbo I just tried that. Only would...
  10. Thunderbird users Free Font size and theme changer

in Browsers and Email
    Thunderbird users Free Font size and theme changer: Hi there Those using Thunderbird and are bugged by fonts too small this easy font size and theme changer works very well indeed. (Works in Firefox browser too if you are using that) Theme Font Size Changer :: Add-ons for Firefox [img] To install manually...