Windows 10: Thunderbolt 3 driver installation failed - Error 0x80070643

Discus and support Thunderbolt 3 driver installation failed - Error 0x80070643 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Corsair TBT100 and when trying to connect it with my Lenovo Thinkpad T14s, I had to download the firmware for the Thunderbolt 3 port. However,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Le Long, Sep 15, 2021.

1. Le Long Win User

Thunderbolt 3 driver installation failed - Error 0x80070643

I have a Corsair TBT100 and when trying to connect it with my Lenovo Thinkpad T14s, I had to download the firmware for the Thunderbolt 3 port. However, during the installation the Error 0x80070643 keeps popping up and after investigating, it seems that the DCH driver cannot be installed for unknown reasons. Does anyone have the same problem?

:)

Le Long, Sep 15, 2021

2. thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that inconvenience you are facing when the things may not work as expected.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

When the Thunderbolt 3 is used with certain eighth generation Intel processor-based Windows 10 systems, there is a possibility that the two USB 3.0 ports on the back of the dock (closest to the Ethernet port)
    may not be recognized properly by the operating system.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

1. Disconnect the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock from the system and remove its power cable to turn off completely.
    2. Uninstall the Intel ‘Thunderbolt Software’ present on your system via the Control Panel ->
      Programs and Features and restart the device once.
    3. Download and install the latest version of the Intel Thunderbolt Software published by your system manufacturer. If you are unable to obtain this download from your system manufacturer, you can download a version directly from Intel
      here -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HNK-NUC8i7HVK
    4. Restart the system once again.
    5. Reconnect the power cable to the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock, and then reconnect the Thunderbolt 3 cable from the dock to your system.
    6. You should be prompted to authenticate/approve the dock. Follow the onscreen prompts for the completion of the process and check the status of the issue.

If the issue still persists I suggest you to get in touch with the
    Thunderbolt support for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 15, 2021
  3. ronfucci Win User
    Thunderbolt 3 USB Devices, Device Mgr and Thunderbolt Drivers

One topic that may be helpful to thunderbolt 3 users on Win 10. For various reasons you can have thunderbolt 3 usb - c port hardware installed on your win 10 box and may not see thunderbolt 3 drivers present in the device mgr. One reason for this is
    the thunderbolt drivers are not installed. If the hardware is recognized by the bios and the thunderbolt driver is not installed you should see a device called the base system device. Installing the correct thunderbolt driver will then replace the base system
    device with the thunderbolt controller device.

ronfucci, Sep 15, 2021
  4. ronfucci Win User

Thunderbolt 3 USB Devices, Device Mgr and Thunderbolt Drivers

As a follow on to this topic, I have seen an installed and working a Thunderbolt 3 controller device,(visible in the Device Manager) disappear from the Device Manager after a Windows 10 update. This puzzled me quite a bit and I have 4 servers with Thunderbolt
    3 USB C devices and they have all had this take place at one time or another.

As a hunch, I cleared the BIOS (to clear the NVRAM variables), restarted the computer and then the Thunderbolt 3 devices were again seen and working in the Device Manager. (It had nothing to do with Thunderbolt 3 docks being attached during the update and/or
    being attached or not during system/hardware restart).

The 'fix' was to clear the NVRAM in the BIOS. I leave it to you to guess why this might matter.

ronfucci, Sep 15, 2021
Thema:

1. Thunderbolt 3 driver installation failed - Error 0x80070643 - Similar Threads - Thunderbolt driver installation

2. Failed to install on ‎3/‎6/‎2024 - 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to install on ‎3/‎6/‎2024 - 0x80070643: Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64 based systems. earlier today 03-06-24 I ran my 1st update & it downloaded 2 updates, 1 for the Definition & 1 for a Quality Update. the Def installed ok, but not the Qual. here's what happened with the Qual... It downloaded & tried to install a...
  3. Failed to install on ‎3/‎6/‎2024 - 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Failed to install on ‎3/‎6/‎2024 - 0x80070643: Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64 based systems. earlier today 03-06-24 I ran my 1st update & it downloaded 2 updates, 1 for the Definition & 1 for a Quality Update. the Def installed ok, but not the Qual. here's what happened with the Qual... It downloaded & tried to install a...
  4. Failed to install on ‎3/‎6/‎2024 - 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Thunderbolt Software Error - 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thunderbolt Software Error - 0x80070643: I am trying to download the Thunderbolt Software as my laptop does not charge using a Thunderbolt 4 port and trying different solutions. I receive the fatal error code 0x80070643. Log below. I also do not see a Driver in Device Manager titled "Thunderbolt," but I have tried...
  6. Thunderbolt Software Error - 0x80070643

Thunderbolt Software Error - 0x80070643: I am trying to download the Thunderbolt Software as my laptop does not charge using a Thunderbolt 4 port and trying different solutions. I receive the fatal error code 0x80070643. Log below. I also do not see a Driver in Device Manager titled "Thunderbolt," but I have tried...
  7. failed to install thunderbolt

failed to install thunderbolt: I am no techy. my webcam is not working on dell xps. one of the solutions suggested it to update Bios and chipsets. One of the chipset is about "Internet thunderbolt controller driver" released on 5th Nov 2021. It failed to instal, and rturned following error message. Please...
  8. failed to install thunderbolt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    failed to install thunderbolt: I am no techy. my webcam is not working on dell xps. one of the solutions suggested it to update Bios and chipsets. One of the chipset is about "Internet thunderbolt controller driver" released on 5th Nov 2021. It failed to instal, and rturned following error message. Please...
  9. Thunderbolt™ 3 Driver Setup Failed 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thunderbolt™ 3 Driver Setup Failed 0x80070643: Hello, Thunderbolt 3 connection has stopped working for the last two weeks. When installing the driver, it gives an error 0x80070643. A complete reinstallation of Windows did not help fix the error, my Asus PRIME Z370-A II motherboard is connected to it in addition to ASUS...
  10. KB4013214 Failed to install - Error 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    KB4013214 Failed to install - Error 0x80070643: I'm running Version 1607 build 14393.1358. 64 bit Another update which installed broke iCloud working with Office 2007 - this has been reported elsewhere. In order to get things working again I had to do a system restore to roll back a couple of weeks. All the other...