Windows 10: Thunderbolt™ 3 Driver Setup Failed 0x80070643

Discus and support Thunderbolt™ 3 Driver Setup Failed 0x80070643 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, Thunderbolt 3 connection has stopped working for the last two weeks. When installing the driver, it gives an error 0x80070643. A complete... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by TechAntonio, Mar 9, 2021.

1. Thunderbolt™ 3 Driver Setup Failed 0x80070643

Hello, Thunderbolt 3 connection has stopped working for the last two weeks. When installing the driver, it gives an error 0x80070643. A complete reinstallation of Windows did not help fix the error, my Asus PRIME Z370-A II motherboard is connected to it in addition to ASUS ThunderboltEX 3, the current BIOS version is installed. The Bios has Thunderbolt 3 support enabled and I am using Windows 10 with the latest updates. Please help me solve the problem.

:)

TechAntonio, Mar 9, 2021

2. thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that inconvenience you are facing when the things may not work as expected.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

When the Thunderbolt 3 is used with certain eighth generation Intel processor-based Windows 10 systems, there is a possibility that the two USB 3.0 ports on the back of the dock (closest to the Ethernet port)
    may not be recognized properly by the operating system.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

1. Disconnect the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock from the system and remove its power cable to turn off completely.
    2. Uninstall the Intel ‘Thunderbolt Software’ present on your system via the Control Panel ->
      Programs and Features and restart the device once.
    3. Download and install the latest version of the Intel Thunderbolt Software published by your system manufacturer. If you are unable to obtain this download from your system manufacturer, you can download a version directly from Intel
      here -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HNK-NUC8i7HVK
    4. Restart the system once again.
    5. Reconnect the power cable to the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock, and then reconnect the Thunderbolt 3 cable from the dock to your system.
    6. You should be prompted to authenticate/approve the dock. Follow the onscreen prompts for the completion of the process and check the status of the issue.

If the issue still persists I suggest you to get in touch with the
    Thunderbolt support for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Mar 9, 2021
  3. ronfucci Win User
    Thunderbolt 3 USB Devices, Device Mgr and Thunderbolt Drivers

One topic that may be helpful to thunderbolt 3 users on Win 10. For various reasons you can have thunderbolt 3 usb - c port hardware installed on your win 10 box and may not see thunderbolt 3 drivers present in the device mgr. One reason for this is
    the thunderbolt drivers are not installed. If the hardware is recognized by the bios and the thunderbolt driver is not installed you should see a device called the base system device. Installing the correct thunderbolt driver will then replace the base system
    device with the thunderbolt controller device.

ronfucci, Mar 9, 2021
  4. ronfucci Win User

Thunderbolt™ 3 Driver Setup Failed 0x80070643

Thunderbolt 3 USB Devices, Device Mgr and Thunderbolt Drivers

As a follow on to this topic, I have seen an installed and working a Thunderbolt 3 controller device,(visible in the Device Manager) disappear from the Device Manager after a Windows 10 update. This puzzled me quite a bit and I have 4 servers with Thunderbolt
    3 USB C devices and they have all had this take place at one time or another.

As a hunch, I cleared the BIOS (to clear the NVRAM variables), restarted the computer and then the Thunderbolt 3 devices were again seen and working in the Device Manager. (It had nothing to do with Thunderbolt 3 docks being attached during the update and/or
    being attached or not during system/hardware restart).

The 'fix' was to clear the NVRAM in the BIOS. I leave it to you to guess why this might matter.

ronfucci, Mar 9, 2021
Thema:

Thunderbolt™ 3 Driver Setup Failed 0x80070643

1. Thunderbolt™ 3 Driver Setup Failed 0x80070643 - Similar Threads - Thunderbolt™ Driver Setup

2. Failed to install on ‎3/‎6/‎2024 - 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Failed to install on ‎3/‎6/‎2024 - 0x80070643: Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64 based systems. earlier today 03-06-24 I ran my 1st update & it downloaded 2 updates, 1 for the Definition & 1 for a Quality Update. the Def installed ok, but not the Qual. here's what happened with the Qual... It downloaded & tried to install a...
  3. Failed to install on ‎3/‎6/‎2024 - 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failed to install on ‎3/‎6/‎2024 - 0x80070643: Windows 10 Version 22H2 for x64 based systems. earlier today 03-06-24 I ran my 1st update & it downloaded 2 updates, 1 for the Definition & 1 for a Quality Update. the Def installed ok, but not the Qual. here's what happened with the Qual... It downloaded & tried to install a...
  4. Thunderbolt Software Error - 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thunderbolt Software Error - 0x80070643: I am trying to download the Thunderbolt Software as my laptop does not charge using a Thunderbolt 4 port and trying different solutions. I receive the fatal error code 0x80070643. Log below. I also do not see a Driver in Device Manager titled "Thunderbolt," but I have tried...
  5. Thunderbolt Software Error - 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Thunderbolt Software Error - 0x80070643: I am trying to download the Thunderbolt Software as my laptop does not charge using a Thunderbolt 4 port and trying different solutions. I receive the fatal error code 0x80070643. Log below. I also do not see a Driver in Device Manager titled "Thunderbolt," but I have tried...
  6. AMD Ryzen™ 3 3100 suported but not AMD Ryzen™ 3 3100X

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD Ryzen™ 3 3100 suported but not AMD Ryzen™ 3 3100X: According to Microsoft's list of supported processors the AMD Ryzen™ 3 3100 is supported, but the new PC Health Check app says the AMD Ryzen™ 3 3100X is not. What is the difference or is this just a documentation issue?...
  7. Thunderbolt 3 driver installation failed - Error 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thunderbolt 3 driver installation failed - Error 0x80070643: I have a Corsair TBT100 and when trying to connect it with my Lenovo Thinkpad T14s, I had to download the firmware for the Thunderbolt 3 port. However, during the installation the Error 0x80070643 keeps popping up and after investigating, it seems that the DCH driver cannot...
  8. Thunderbolt 3 USB Devices, Device Mgr and Thunderbolt Drivers

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thunderbolt 3 USB Devices, Device Mgr and Thunderbolt Drivers: One topic that may be helpful to thunderbolt 3 users on Win 10. For various reasons you can have thunderbolt 3 usb - c port hardware installed on your win 10 box and may not see thunderbolt 3 drivers present in the device mgr. One reason for this is the thunderbolt drivers...
  9. Setup Failed 0x80070643-Fatal error during installation.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Setup Failed 0x80070643-Fatal error during installation.: I'm installing a brand new Yamaha AIC128-D sound card. It does not complete the install and gives me a Setup Failed 0x80070643-Fatal error during installation. Edition Windows 10 ProfessionalWorkstation OS Build 10.0.19041.329 Windows Version-2004 System...
  10. How to display through thunderbolt 3 with "thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter" and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to display through thunderbolt 3 with "thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter" and...: I have a Lenovo yoga 920 running windows 10, with no HDMI or DisplayPort. I have an apple thunderbolt 3 male/thunderbolt 2 female, adapter. Then I have an old Displayport to HDMI cable. (FYI: thunderbolt 2 and display port used the same connector) When I plug all this...