Windows 10: Thunderbolt Device Manager won't authenticate Apple Thunderbolt Display on Windows 10

Discus and support Thunderbolt Device Manager won't authenticate Apple Thunderbolt Display on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a new Alienware 15" laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 port. I bought the Apple Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 adapter. When I plug the monitor into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CharlesO3, Jul 23, 2018.

1. CharlesO3 Win User

Thunderbolt Device Manager won't authenticate Apple Thunderbolt Display on Windows 10

I have a new Alienware 15" laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 port. I bought the Apple Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 adapter. When I plug the monitor into the adapter and the adapter into the Thunderbolt 3 port on the laptop, a dialog box ("Approve Thunderbolt Devices") appears from asking me to approve the connection of the "Apple, Inc. Thunderbolt Display." When I select "Always Connect" or "Connect Only Once," nothing happens. When I go into "Managed Connected Devices" it is not connected. When I select "View Attached Devices," it shows the "Apple, Inc. Thunderbolt Display" is attached to Port 1. If I click on it, it says "Connection Status" is "Not connected." Clicking on "Not connected" reopens the dialog box to approve Thunderbolt devices as above. Again, when selecting either approval option, it does nothing.

I've searched the web for this problem many ways and all the advice basically just says to select "Always Connect" which isn't working in my case. Any help would be much appreciated.

:)

CharlesO3, Jul 23, 2018

2. Apple Thunderbolt Display with Dell XPS13 9360 with Thunderbolt 3 to 2 Adapter

Hi,

I have a Dell XPS 13 9360 and am hoping there is a way to use it with an Apple Thunderbolt display. I have purchased a Thunderbolt 3 to Thunderbolt 2 adapter but have had no luck. When I plug in the display through the adapter I get a message saying 'Thunderbolt
    device functionality might be limited.' And then the display doesn't work.

I'm wondering whether perhaps there is a driver I can download, although I haven't been able to find one so far.

I've seen the odd post where people seem to have managed to get this to work but haven't gone into detail.

Any ideas?

Thanks

TroyMcmanaman, Jul 23, 2018
  3. Apple Thunderbolt Display with Dell XPS13 9360 with Thunderbolt 3 to 2 Adapter

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your reply. I made a mistake, it's actually an Apple Cinema Display so uses DisplayPort rather than Thunderbolt 2.

Should work now.

TroyMcmanaman, Jul 23, 2018
  4. Thunderbolt Device Manager won't authenticate Apple Thunderbolt Display on Windows 10

Why is Windows 10 no longer supporting Apples Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter as a IEEE1394 device

Hi there ... did you guys manage to sort this out?

I have the Apple adapter connected to my laptop's thunderbolt running this thing called Windows 10, but for some reason it is as if it was not there.

Is there a way to monitor the Thunderbolt bus? Find out if it is even loaded?

Check if a device is trying to enumerate, even if no driver exists?

These are things we can do on a USB port, but I can't seem to find any troubleshooting applications/instructions for Thunderbolt.

Thanks,

Mockba.

Marcelo.Dantas, Jul 23, 2018
Thema:

Thunderbolt Device Manager won't authenticate Apple Thunderbolt Display on Windows 10

1. Thunderbolt Device Manager won't authenticate Apple Thunderbolt Display on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Thunderbolt Device Manager

2. Apple Studio Display - Laptop Thunderbolt 4 failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Apple Studio Display - Laptop Thunderbolt 4 failure: We have the recent Apple Studio display. We have Apple computers so in that regard it communicates better.I tried plugging in my windows 10 laptop with thunderbolt 4 ports to use it and I believe it's somehow damaged the thunderbolt ports or that something has become...
  3. Apple Studio Display - Laptop Thunderbolt 4 failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apple Studio Display - Laptop Thunderbolt 4 failure: We have the recent Apple Studio display. We have Apple computers so in that regard it communicates better.I tried plugging in my windows 10 laptop with thunderbolt 4 ports to use it and I believe it's somehow damaged the thunderbolt ports or that something has become...
  4. Apple Studio Display - Laptop Thunderbolt 4 failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Apple Studio Display - thunderbolt failure

Apple Studio Display - thunderbolt failure: We have the recent Apple Studio display. We have Apple computers so in that regard it communicates better.I tried plugging in my windows 10 laptop with thunderbolt 4 ports to use it and I believe it's somehow damaged the thunderbolt ports or that something has become...
  6. Apple thunderbolt Display not working with Thinkpad T480s

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apple thunderbolt Display not working with Thinkpad T480s: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Lonely_Supermarket52 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/u0x4lf/apple_thunderbolt_display_not_working_with/
  7. Apple Thunderbolt display always "Not connected"

Apple Thunderbolt display always "Not connected": I have a Matebook X Pro Signature Edition, with a thunderbolt port, running Windows 10 Home v2004. I am trying to connect an Apple Thunderbolt display. I am using a thunderbolt 2 to thunderbolt 3 adapter. Using the "Thunderbolt Software" app, I can see "Apple Inc,...
  8. Thunderbolt 3 USB Devices, Device Mgr and Thunderbolt Drivers

Thunderbolt 3 USB Devices, Device Mgr and Thunderbolt Drivers: One topic that may be helpful to thunderbolt 3 users on Win 10. For various reasons you can have thunderbolt 3 usb - c port hardware installed on your win 10 box and may not see thunderbolt 3 drivers present in the device mgr. One reason for this is the thunderbolt drivers...
  9. How to display through thunderbolt 3 with "thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter" and...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to display through thunderbolt 3 with "thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter" and...: I have a Lenovo yoga 920 running windows 10, with no HDMI or DisplayPort. I have an apple thunderbolt 3 male/thunderbolt 2 female, adapter. Then I have an old Displayport to HDMI cable. (FYI: thunderbolt 2 and display port used the same connector) When I plug all this...
  10. Viewing Thunderbolt ports in Device Manager Windows 10

Viewing Thunderbolt ports in Device Manager Windows 10: I have a Mac Pro here which I can dual-boot into Windows 10 in fact I tend to use Windows more often than MacOS !! The Mac Pro has 6 x Thunderbolt ports though at the moment, I don't have any Thunderbolt devices. But when I open Windows Device Manager it doesn't show any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thunderbolt device manager

2. thinkpad windows 10 apple thunderbolt always connect nothing happens

3. thunderbolt device functionality limited windows 10 thunerbolt display

4. status of thunderbolt display says it is not connected microsoft,
  5. apple thunderbolt display windows 10 driver,
  6. Thunderbolt Device Manager wont authenticate,
  7. apple thunderbolt display cant authenticate,
  8. win 10 device manager thunderbolt,
  9. windows 10 thunderbolt device manager,
  10. windows 10 thunderbolt display adapters,
  11. apple thunderbolt display shows not connected,