Windows 10: Thunderbolt display & Alienware 17 r5

Discus and support Thunderbolt display & Alienware 17 r5 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am having an issue where I am trying to connect a thunderbolt display and when connected it gives me a promt to connect or do not connect. I select... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DatTubaMan, Aug 25, 2019.

1. Thunderbolt display & Alienware 17 r5

I am having an issue where I am trying to connect a thunderbolt display and when connected it gives me a promt to connect or do not connect. I select connect, but it is not connecting. the display only shows up in attached devices saying its not connected.

:)

DatTubaMan, Aug 25, 2019
  2. CharlesO3 Win User

Thunderbolt Device Manager won't authenticate Apple Thunderbolt Display on Windows 10

I have a new Alienware 15" laptop with a Thunderbolt 3 port. I bought the Apple Thunderbolt 2 to Thunderbolt 3 adapter. When I plug the monitor into the adapter and the adapter into the Thunderbolt 3 port on the laptop, a dialog box ("Approve Thunderbolt
    Devices") appears from asking me to approve the connection of the "Apple, Inc. Thunderbolt Display." When I select "Always Connect" or "Connect Only Once," nothing happens. When I go into "Managed Connected Devices" it is not connected. When I select "View
    Attached Devices," it shows the "Apple, Inc. Thunderbolt Display" is attached to Port 1. If I click on it, it says "Connection Status" is "Not connected." Clicking on "Not connected" reopens the dialog box to approve Thunderbolt devices as above. Again,
    when selecting either approval option, it does nothing.

I've searched the web for this problem many ways and all the advice basically just says to select "Always Connect" which isn't working in my case. Any help would be much appreciated.

CharlesO3, Aug 25, 2019
  3. Alienware R5 update from 1803 to 1809

My Alienware wos updated from 1803 to 1809 I had some problems with blue screen of death(BSOD) then I factory reset it with Dell support assist coz normal recovery wouldn't work now I can't update from 1803 to 1809,now I have latest version 1803 my question
    is did Microsoft block update for Alienware R5 ?

RenatoRamic, Aug 25, 2019
  4. Thunderbolt display & Alienware 17 r5

thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that inconvenience you are facing when the things may not work as expected.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

When the Thunderbolt 3 is used with certain eighth generation Intel processor-based Windows 10 systems, there is a possibility that the two USB 3.0 ports on the back of the dock (closest to the Ethernet port)
    may not be recognized properly by the operating system.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

1. Disconnect the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock from the system and remove its power cable to turn off completely.
    2. Uninstall the Intel ‘Thunderbolt Software’ present on your system via the Control Panel ->
      Programs and Features and restart the device once.
    3. Download and install the latest version of the Intel Thunderbolt Software published by your system manufacturer. If you are unable to obtain this download from your system manufacturer, you can download a version directly from Intel
      here -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HNK-NUC8i7HVK
    4. Restart the system once again.
    5. Reconnect the power cable to the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock, and then reconnect the Thunderbolt 3 cable from the dock to your system.
    6. You should be prompted to authenticate/approve the dock. Follow the onscreen prompts for the completion of the process and check the status of the issue.

If the issue still persists I suggest you to get in touch with the
    Thunderbolt support for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Aug 25, 2019
Thema:

Thunderbolt display & Alienware 17 r5

1. Thunderbolt display & Alienware 17 r5 - Similar Threads - Thunderbolt display Alienware

2. alienware 17 R5 problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    alienware 17 R5 problems: I reinstalled windows 11 on my alienware 17 R5 gaming laptop. It has a NVidia 1070 video card has a main graphic card and a intel HD 650 video card thats not used. My problem is when my computer monitor goes out from not using it for awhile it won't come back on when i wiggle...
  3. alienware 17 R5 problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    alienware 17 R5 problems: I reinstalled windows 11 on my alienware 17 R5 gaming laptop. It has a NVidia 1070 video card has a main graphic card and a intel HD 650 video card thats not used. My problem is when my computer monitor goes out from not using it for awhile it won't come back on when i wiggle...
  4. Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: This computer was purchased 5 years ago and within the first year it began experiencing BSOD errors which occured perhaps once every 2 months.Two years into owning the computer and BSOD errors continued to happen more often to the point where, as soon as windows booted up,...
  5. Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED: This computer was purchased 5 years ago and within the first year it began experiencing BSOD errors which occured perhaps once every 2 months.Two years into owning the computer and BSOD errors continued to happen more often to the point where, as soon as windows booted up,...
  6. Alienware 17 R5 experiences daily BSOD: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Alienware 17 R5/17 R4 Missing New OS Upgrades!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Alienware 17 R5/17 R4 Missing New OS Upgrades!: I have two Alienware laptops as described in the title...both with Windows 10 Pro installed when purchased. I keep them updated with the security updates released each month. But I have yet to see any Microsoft Windows 10 version releases to download and install via Windows...
  8. Alienware 17 R5 Crash While Gaming

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Alienware 17 R5 Crash While Gaming: Hello everyone, I am writing this post because I have a problem with my computer that no matter how hard I try I have not been able to fix it. I even brought it to computer repair center and the computer still has the same problem, although it got fixed for a few days....
  9. touchpad alienware R5 17" autoscrolling nonstop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    touchpad alienware R5 17" autoscrolling nonstop: I have a Dell Alienware 17" R5 laptop. I'm trying to disable the autoscroll feature on the touchpad. It's especially annoying in chrome or in adobe pdfs. I've tried all the settings in Alienware "pointing" devices to no avail as well as disabling, uninstalling and...
  10. alienware r5 gpu upgrade

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    alienware r5 gpu upgrade: hello i am looking to upgrade my gpu in my pc and i was wondering if a asus gpu will fit and work with alienware aurora r5 pc. i have a 460 watt power supply would that be enough (i5 6600,ssd, 16gb ram)?? link to gpu...