Windows 10: Thunderbolt Dock software has stopped working on Windows 10

Discus and support Thunderbolt Dock software has stopped working on Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will explore why devices connected through Intel Thunderbolt Dock software stops working after the Windows 10 computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 25, 2020.

1. WinClub New Member

Thunderbolt Dock software has stopped working on Windows 10

WinClub, Jan 25, 2020

2. thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that inconvenience you are facing when the things may not work as expected.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

When the Thunderbolt 3 is used with certain eighth generation Intel processor-based Windows 10 systems, there is a possibility that the two USB 3.0 ports on the back of the dock (closest to the Ethernet port)
    may not be recognized properly by the operating system.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

1. Disconnect the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock from the system and remove its power cable to turn off completely.
    2. Uninstall the Intel ‘Thunderbolt Software’ present on your system via the Control Panel ->
      Programs and Features and restart the device once.
    3. Download and install the latest version of the Intel Thunderbolt Software published by your system manufacturer. If you are unable to obtain this download from your system manufacturer, you can download a version directly from Intel
      here -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HNK-NUC8i7HVK
    4. Restart the system once again.
    5. Reconnect the power cable to the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock, and then reconnect the Thunderbolt 3 cable from the dock to your system.
    6. You should be prompted to authenticate/approve the dock. Follow the onscreen prompts for the completion of the process and check the status of the issue.

If the issue still persists I suggest you to get in touch with the
    Thunderbolt support for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Jan 25, 2020
  3. ericnixmd Win User
    Dell Thunderbolt Dock

Update: Received the WD15 dock yesterday (USB-C, but no Thunderbolt). Works like a charm with the Logitech receiver plugged into the dock. Now I can plug a single cable into the laptop for everything to work (ethernet, monitor via HDMI, dictation microphone, Logitech receiver, etc.). Will be sending the Thunderbolt dock back to Dell for a refund.

ericnixmd, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Thunderbolt Dock software has stopped working on Windows 10

Windows update disables Thunderbolt and and Dock.

I have a Dell Precision 5520 and a Dell TB16 dock.

The recent windows feature update disable Thunderbolt services and I could not restart the service.

Without Thunderbolt services the Dell TB16 doesn't work.

I rolled back the update and everything worked.

I made sure automatic updates were turned off, and took the further measure of disable the update services.

My machine this morning blue screened and restarted... and installed updates, which killed the Thunderbolt service and thereby the dock.

First MS needs to fix the update so it doesn't kill services.

Second MS has to allow user to absolutely stop all updates.

It is patently ridiculous when updates are broken that MS won't let users shut down updates and avoid hours of work to fix what they break.

John Mount, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Thunderbolt Dock software has stopped working on Windows 10

1. Thunderbolt Dock software has stopped working on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Thunderbolt Dock software

2. Lenovo thunderbolt 3 dock on windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lenovo thunderbolt 3 dock on windows 11: I've been trying to connect a thunderbolt 3 dock from Lenovo to my Windows 11 PC, without success. When I start up the PC with the dock connected, this error appears.I can't find how to solve it. In the thunderbolt control center, the dock appears as connected, but cannot be...
  3. Lenovo thunderbolt 3 dock on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Lenovo thunderbolt 3 dock on windows 11: I've been trying to connect a thunderbolt 3 dock from Lenovo to my Windows 11 PC, without success. When I start up the PC with the dock connected, this error appears.I can't find how to solve it. In the thunderbolt control center, the dock appears as connected, but cannot be...
  4. Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects: I have an issue with a XPS 17 9700 DELL laptop connected to a DELL WD19TB Thunderbolt dock. I've got a few USB devices keyboard, mouse, headset, and external drive, Ethernet, and two external monitors connected to the dock. All Windows, DELL, and Intell updates are installed....
  5. Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects

Dell Thunderbolt Dock Disconnects: I have an issue with a XPS 17 9700 DELL laptop connected to a DELL WD19TB Thunderbolt dock. I've got a few USB devices keyboard, mouse, headset, and external drive, Ethernet, and two external monitors connected to the dock. All Windows, DELL, and Intell updates are installed....
  6. Why has Thunderbolt stopped working? On windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why has Thunderbolt stopped working? On windows 10: Why has Thunderbolt stopped working on windows 10 all of the sudden? I’m extremely frustrated, here’s my situation I have a old pc and a new pc I just built, my old pc has Thunderbolt support trough an external card you can install and it will let you connect Thunderbolt bolt...
  7. Why has Thunderbolt stopped working? On windows 10

Why has Thunderbolt stopped working? On windows 10: Why has Thunderbolt stopped working on windows 10 all of the sudden? I’m extremely frustrated, here’s my situation I have a old pc and a new pc I just built, my old pc has Thunderbolt support trough an external card you can install and it will let you connect Thunderbolt bolt...
  8. Why has Thunderbolt stopped working? On windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Random Freezes with Thunderbolt dock

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Random Freezes with Thunderbolt dock: System Dell XPS 13 2-in-1 9310 Fully up to date according to Windows Update and Dell SupportAssist Razer Core v2 with RTX 2070 No firmware updates available for Razer Core. Graphics driver up to date according to GeForce Experience I have been using this setup successfully...
  10. Dell Thunderbolt Dock

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dell Thunderbolt Dock: I recently purchased a Dell Thunderbolt dock for my Precision 3520. I hooked up my Logitech universal receiver to the Thunderbolt dock. The mouse and keyboard have significant lags (the keyboard repeats itself periodically). As soon as I move the receiver back to the laptop,...