Windows 10: Thunderbolt Software Opens Blank Windows

Discus and support Thunderbolt Software Opens Blank Windows in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, so I'm trying to add a device through my Thunderbolt 3 port on my laptop (Dell XPS 13 9350) running Windows 10 Home. When I open a window for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Zowp, May 20, 2019.

1. Zowp Win User

Thunderbolt Software Opens Blank Windows

Hello,

so I'm trying to add a device through my Thunderbolt 3 port on my laptop (Dell XPS 13 9350) running Windows 10 Home. When I open a window for the Thunderbolt Software App; be it settings, attached devices, etc, the window opens but is completely white apart from the title at the top (please see attached image).

I have updated and rebooted, including video drivers to the most current (if they weren't already) but the issue still persists. The hardware does appear on the "Bluetooth and other devices" list in the settings, but I cannot approve them so I am yet to use them.

Can someone shed some light on this for me please? I'm still searching for a solution on Google but haven't had any luck yet.

Z

:)

2. thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that inconvenience you are facing when the things may not work as expected.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

When the Thunderbolt 3 is used with certain eighth generation Intel processor-based Windows 10 systems, there is a possibility that the two USB 3.0 ports on the back of the dock (closest to the Ethernet port)
    may not be recognized properly by the operating system.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

1. Disconnect the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock from the system and remove its power cable to turn off completely.
    2. Uninstall the Intel ‘Thunderbolt Software’ present on your system via the Control Panel ->
      Programs and Features and restart the device once.
    3. Download and install the latest version of the Intel Thunderbolt Software published by your system manufacturer. If you are unable to obtain this download from your system manufacturer, you can download a version directly from Intel
      here -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HNK-NUC8i7HVK
    4. Restart the system once again.
    5. Reconnect the power cable to the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock, and then reconnect the Thunderbolt 3 cable from the dock to your system.
    6. You should be prompted to authenticate/approve the dock. Follow the onscreen prompts for the completion of the process and check the status of the issue.

If the issue still persists I suggest you to get in touch with the
    Thunderbolt support for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, May 20, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Pro Workstation Thunderbolt 2

I used all of your suggestions. According to system file checker -- there is nothing damaged or missing. I also uninstall the Thunderbolt software and reinstall it. That did not work. What would be the next steps to resolve this issue? Contacting a Microsoft
    support engineer? Contacting Dell Pro-Support? What are your suggestions?

Here is the link to the Thunderbolt driver:

Thunderbolt(TM) Treiber | Treiberdetails | Dell Deutschland

I appreciate your support Mr. Mon.

Jordan_Alpine, May 20, 2019
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 20, 2019
Thema:

1. Thunderbolt Software Opens Blank Windows - Similar Threads - Thunderbolt Software Opens

2. Windows security opens blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows security opens blank: Hi,I just reinstalled windows 11 in my computer today, with a full restore. I'm getting this notification on the security dashboard saying "Virus and thread protection" needs action. When I try to click it, windows security opens blank with a pop up "Page not available Your...
  3. Windows security opens blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows security opens blank: Hi,I just reinstalled windows 11 in my computer today, with a full restore. I'm getting this notification on the security dashboard saying "Virus and thread protection" needs action. When I try to click it, windows security opens blank with a pop up "Page not available Your...
  4. software or secondary windows for software opening in background

software or secondary windows for software opening in background: I have noticed that some of the software I use when i open it for the first time in the session it opens in the background behind other windows i have open. With a few, for example with Rootsmagic, when I open a sub-window it opens for a second then goes behind the main...
  5. Thunderbolt Software Error - 0x80070643

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thunderbolt Software Error - 0x80070643: I am trying to download the Thunderbolt Software as my laptop does not charge using a Thunderbolt 4 port and trying different solutions. I receive the fatal error code 0x80070643. Log below. I also do not see a Driver in Device Manager titled "Thunderbolt," but I have tried...
  6. Thunderbolt Software Error - 0x80070643

Thunderbolt Software Error - 0x80070643: I am trying to download the Thunderbolt Software as my laptop does not charge using a Thunderbolt 4 port and trying different solutions. I receive the fatal error code 0x80070643. Log below. I also do not see a Driver in Device Manager titled "Thunderbolt," but I have tried...
  7. Thunderbolt

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Thunderbolt: Hello --- A friend just got a laptop from the microsoft store and to my supprised, it has 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports ---- does so If I wanted to connect an external drive to it, I have to have a Thunderbolt drive --- can I use a usb external drive thanks...
  8. Thunderbolt Dock software has stopped working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Thunderbolt Dock software has stopped working on Windows 10: [ATTACH]In today’s post, we will explore why devices connected through Intel Thunderbolt Dock software stops working after the Windows 10 computer resumes from the S5 […] This post Thunderbolt Dock software has stopped working on Windows 10 is from TheWindowsClub.com. read...
  9. Software will not open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Software will not open: For photo and video editing I have been using Roxio Creator 2010 Pro on Windows 10. Suddenly, it will not open. Tried uninstall then re-install but still 'no go'. Message comes up 'software incompatible' - WHY? After all these years is it incompatible. I'm 80 years old and...
  10. Intel software updater and it finding undeeded Thunderbolt driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel software updater and it finding undeeded Thunderbolt driver: Intel software updater said my laptop needed Thunderbolt 3 drivers. I had no idea what they were so downloaded and allowed them to be installed. When I reran the updater it again said the drivers were needed and non were installed so did it again. It was odd as the install...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Win 10 Thunderbold 3 Treiber

2. thunderbolt software lenovo blank

3. thunderbold software opens for a second then closes