Windows 10: Thunderbolt stornvme issue

Discus and support Thunderbolt stornvme issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Dear support, I had a perfectly working Thunderbolt 3 external SSD, but since late this summer, probaly following Windows 10 updates, this drive does... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Johandarth, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Thunderbolt stornvme issue

Dear support,

I had a perfectly working Thunderbolt 3 external SSD, but since late this summer, probaly following Windows 10 updates, this drive does not work properly on PCs have 2x Dell laptops with Thunderbolt:

- TekQ thunderbolt 3 portable SSD

PC hardware both running Intel Rapid Storage technology:

- Dell XPS 13 9380 Laptop,

Windows 10 Home

Version 20H2 19042

Installed on ‎24/‎06/‎2020

OS build 19042.630

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0

- Dell XPS 13 9370 Laptop,

Windows 10 Home

Version 10.0.19041

Problem description:

- When attaching device to laptop it takes min. 1 minute before it shows up in Windows Explorer;

- Trying to copy a number of files to or from the device does not work. The process stops after a few seconds;

- Windows Explorer seems to freeze, getting unresponsive;

- To exclude SSD drive malfunction, I've tested it on a Thunderbolt 3 Macbook, works fine;

- On the Dell 9380, a number of the following events show up in Event Viewer when attaching the drive or trying to perform any operation against it:

Log Name: System

Source: stornvme

Date: 17/11/2020 13:55:53

Event ID: 129

Task Category: None

Level: Warning

Keywords: Classic

User: N/A

Computer: DESKTOP-L4URLL5

Description:

Reset to device, \Device\RaidPort1, was issued.

Event Xml:

<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

<System>

<Provider Name="stornvme" />

<EventID Qualifiers="32772">129</EventID>

<Version>0</Version>

<Level>3</Level>

<Task>0</Task>

<Opcode>0</Opcode>

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2020-11-17T12:55:53.1375465Z" />

<EventRecordID>9784</EventRecordID>

<Correlation />

<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="572" />

<Channel>System</Channel>

<Computer>DESKTOP-L4URLL5</Computer>

<Security />

</System>

<EventData>

<Data>\Device\RaidPort1</Data>

<Binary>0F001800010000000000000081000480010000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000810004800000000000000000</Binary>

</EventData>

</Event>

On Dell 9370 laptop, same event used to show, but recently the computer goes BlueScreen when attaching the device.

Saw the following article recently that points at Thunderbolt SSD issues:

https://www.techradar.com/news/havent-received-the-windows-10-20h2-update-yet-your-ssd-may-be-to-blame

Suspect this is related.

Do you know of any workaround at this point in order to let me use my external drive?

King regards,

Johan Stockholm/Sweden

*** Email address is removed for privacy ***

:)

Johandarth, Nov 17, 2020

2. thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that inconvenience you are facing when the things may not work as expected.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

When the Thunderbolt 3 is used with certain eighth generation Intel processor-based Windows 10 systems, there is a possibility that the two USB 3.0 ports on the back of the dock (closest to the Ethernet port)
    may not be recognized properly by the operating system.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

1. Disconnect the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock from the system and remove its power cable to turn off completely.
    2. Uninstall the Intel ‘Thunderbolt Software’ present on your system via the Control Panel ->
      Programs and Features and restart the device once.
    3. Download and install the latest version of the Intel Thunderbolt Software published by your system manufacturer. If you are unable to obtain this download from your system manufacturer, you can download a version directly from Intel
      here -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HNK-NUC8i7HVK
    4. Restart the system once again.
    5. Reconnect the power cable to the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock, and then reconnect the Thunderbolt 3 cable from the dock to your system.
    6. You should be prompted to authenticate/approve the dock. Follow the onscreen prompts for the completion of the process and check the status of the issue.

If the issue still persists I suggest you to get in touch with the
    Thunderbolt support for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Nov 17, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Pro Workstation Thunderbolt 2

I used all of your suggestions. According to system file checker -- there is nothing damaged or missing. I also uninstall the Thunderbolt software and reinstall it. That did not work. What would be the next steps to resolve this issue? Contacting a Microsoft
    support engineer? Contacting Dell Pro-Support? What are your suggestions?

Here is the link to the Thunderbolt driver:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us...de=precision-t7810-workstation&driverId=MYDH5

I appreciate your support Mr. Mon.

Jordan_Alpine, Nov 17, 2020
  4. Thunderbolt stornvme issue

Thunderbolt display & Alienware 17 r5

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it is, when the device doesn't work in the way it should and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you connecting the Thunderbolt display for the first time to the Alien ware PC?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

In this scenario we would suggest you to refer the below article and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Frequently
    Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Thunderbolt port on a Dell PC

Troubleshooting Ports on your Notebook
    or Desktop Dell PC

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to get in touch with the

Dell Support
    team.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

Thunderbolt stornvme issue

1. Thunderbolt stornvme issue - Similar Threads - Thunderbolt stornvme issue

2. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL d1 stornvme

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL d1 stornvme: Computer is blue screening and then at times when i turn it on there is no display on the screen.Attached dump files and system specs:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kjqDNQ5rt65eesLm0yMoiADCiCMcKMFh?usp=share_link...
  3. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL d1 stornvme

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL d1 stornvme: Computer is blue screening and then at times when i turn it on there is no display on the screen.Attached dump files and system specs:https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1kjqDNQ5rt65eesLm0yMoiADCiCMcKMFh?usp=share_link...
  4. Anker Thunderbolt issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Anker Thunderbolt issues: I am using an Anker Thunderbolt 4 with an LG Screen and an Logitech camera, there is also an LG screen attached via an HDMI port to my laptop. Until this morning I'd had no issues, but now my laptop is failing to find the screen connected via the Anker Thunderbolt. I have...
  5. Anker Thunderbolt issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anker Thunderbolt issues: I am using an Anker Thunderbolt 4 with an LG Screen and an Logitech camera, there is also an LG screen attached via an HDMI port to my laptop. Until this morning I'd had no issues, but now my laptop is failing to find the screen connected via the Anker Thunderbolt. I have...
  6. Anker Thunderbolt issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Thunderbolt SSD stornvme issue, Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Thunderbolt SSD stornvme issue, Windows 10: Dear support, I had a perfectly working Thunderbolt 3 external SSD, but since late this summer, probaly following Windows 10 updates, this drive does not work properly on PCs have 2x Dell laptops with Thunderbolt: - TekQ thunderbolt 3 portable SSD PC hardware both...
  8. reset to device device raidport1 was issued stornvme

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    reset to device device raidport1 was issued stornvme: I keep getting this error on my PC, and I am pulling my hairs to try figure out how to fix this problem. I've had a few problems with my PC, like random crashes and with error message stop_memorymanagement. I found out that my RAM was causing this, so I just took them out....
  9. Thunderbolt connection issues

Thunderbolt connection issues: I recently received this error message out of the blue: "Thunderbolt device functionality might be limited". I have had an Akitio Node eGPU GTX 1660ti connected via thunderbolt to my laptop for some time now. I did not change the cord. I did not update anything. After...
  10. Usb - c / thunderbolt issue

Usb - c / thunderbolt issue: Hi, Recently purchased a Razer, currently transferring files over from my ATOM RAID 2 TB EXTERNAL SSD, USB-C / Thunder-Bolt 3 Drive to another External connected via USB 3 via Windows 10. Any time I attempt to transfer files, the ATOM RAID begins to transfer and then the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. stornvme 129