Windows 10: Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter isn't working Surface Book 1

Discus and support Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter isn't working Surface Book 1 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an original Surface Book and I want to connect to the Ethernet using it, but for some reason it won't recognize my adapter. I am using an apple... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Razr Slyr, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Razr Slyr Win User

Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter isn't working Surface Book 1

I have an original Surface Book and I want to connect to the Ethernet using it, but for some reason it won't recognize my adapter. I am using an apple adapter (Model A1433), but from what I can find online they are the only option for thunderbolt to Ethernet adapters. My USB ports don't work super consistently which is why I want to use a thunderbolt to Ethernet. From what I've looked up I needed to install a third party Ethernet driver (specifically the Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet driver), but when trying to install it I get an error code 31 (This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device). Has anyone else had any success with this adapter, or is the only solution getting one for a USB port?

:)

Razr Slyr, Jun 25, 2019
  2. Razr Slyr Win User

I have an original Surface Book and I want to connect to the Ethernet using it, but for some reason it won't recognize my adapter. I am using an apple adapter (Model A1433), but from what I can find online they are the only option
    for thunderbolt to Ethernet adapters. My USB ports don't work super consistently which is why I want to use a thunderbolt to Ethernet. From what I've looked up I needed to install a third party Ethernet driver (specifically the Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet
    driver), but when trying to install it I get an error code 31 (This device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device). Has anyone else had any success with this adapter, or is the only solution getting one for
    a USB port?

Razr Slyr, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter isn't working Surface Book 1

Hi Razr

My name is Andre Da Costa; an Independent Consultant, Windows Insider MVP and Windows & Devices for IT MVP. I'm here to help you with your problem.

The Surface Book 1 does not have a Thuderbolt port, it has a display port which looks like a Thunderbolt port.

Andre for Directly, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Razr Slyr Win User

Oh my mistake. It looked like a thunderbolt port and the adapter was able to fit in so I thought it would work. Thank you for the clarification.

Razr Slyr, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

1. Thunderbolt to Ethernet adapter isn't working Surface Book 1 - Similar Threads - Thunderbolt Ethernet adapter

2. Surface Book 2: Wireless adapter not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2: Wireless adapter not working: I have a Surface Book 2 that no longer connects to Wifi. Here's what I'm dealing with: I do not have a WiFi icon, it is a globe and when I select it no networks show up. I am posting this from another laptop connected to WiFi, so I know WiFi is on, available and working....
  3. Surface Book 1: UDP email required with installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Surface Book 1: UDP email required with installation: I reinstalled Windows 10 on my Surface Book 1 but when I go through the installation progress I need to login with an UDP account. What is this? Can I turn this off? I have a regular? *** Email address is removed for privacy *** account and I can login with that account. If I...
  4. Surface Book 2 Ethernet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Surface Book 2 Ethernet: Hi I have a Surface Book 2 and a Surface Dock, recently my ethernet LAN just disappear not sure why. I have tried rebooting, surface diagnostic, change lan cable and tested lan cable in other device in it worked fine. but not on my SB2. I checked that there is no driver...
  5. Surface Book 2 USB-C Ethernet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Book 2 USB-C Ethernet: Hey all, I have been using a USB-C port to attach a generic dongle with HDMI, USB, and Ethernet ports to my Surface Book 2. It has been working great, but recently, my ethernet connection will just disconnect. I looked in the device manager > network adapters tab, and there...
  6. Microsoft surface book 1 touchscreen issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft surface book 1 touchscreen issues: I have a surface book 1 and at first I had phantom touch issues but when I installed a newer version of Windows 10 it went away. But when I updated to the latest version of Windows 10 the issue came back. So I reset the device and downloaded all the drivers and now I have a...
  7. Thunderbolt 2 to Ethernet not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thunderbolt 2 to Ethernet not working on Windows 10: Hello guys! I recently bought a new laptop (Razer Blade 15) which runs under windows 10. The problem is that this laptop does not come with an ethernet port. Since my wifi at home is pretty unreliable I most of the time use an ethernet cable. So I went online an bought me a...
  8. Surface Book 2 on 1903 BSOD - NDIS.SYS - Surface Dock Ethernet

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Surface Book 2 on 1903 BSOD - NDIS.SYS - Surface Dock Ethernet: Hello All, Currently I have 6 Surface Book 2's all with the same issue. The Ethernet Adapter on the Surface Docks will connect and disconnect on repeat, once a second until eventually the SB2 will blue screen. There is roughly 150 Surface book 2's, 200 Surface Laptop 2's...
  9. Updates for Surface Book 2 - August 1, 2018

in Windows 10 News
    Updates for Surface Book 2 - August 1, 2018: On August 1st we released updates for Surface Book 2 devices running Windows 10 Fall Creators Update version 1709 or greater to Windows Update. These updates are now available in MSI format on the Microsoft Download Center from the following links: Click Download to download...
  10. surface book USB to phono jack adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    surface book USB to phono jack adapter: Hi , I took the plunge and bought a surface book but don't like where the earphone jack is on top right corner of screen . Am I able to use a USB to phono adapter ( to place the adapter in one of the USB 3.0 slots on the keyboard edge) and have any of you had experience of...