Windows 10: Thunderbolt to FireWire adaptor not recognized "drivers are unavailable"

Discus and support Thunderbolt to FireWire adaptor not recognized "drivers are unavailable" in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So, Apple's Thunderbolt to FireWire adaptor shows up in Settings -> Devices as "basic system devce" and it shows message "driver is unavailable" and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SF the Great, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Thunderbolt to FireWire adaptor not recognized "drivers are unavailable"

So, Apple's Thunderbolt to FireWire adaptor shows up in Settings -> Devices as "basic system devce" and it shows message "driver is unavailable" and it does't work, the PC does not see Firewire DV VCR...

:)

SF the Great, Feb 21, 2019

2. Why is Windows 10 no longer supporting Apples Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter as a IEEE1394 device

When I purchased my ASUS G750 two years ago my main objective was to get a laptop to run my studio and replace my old XP machine. My existing ASIO audio interface connected via Firewire but no PCs were providing IEEE1394 Firewire ports. So after some research
    I found that Thunderbolt would provide Firewire through an adapter by Apple so I bought the ASUS preloaded with Windows 8.1 and a Thunderbolt to Firewire adapter. All was fine and I've been recording music for two wyears. A couple of months ago I thought I
    would try to upgrade to Windows 10. It went very well and my studio was still functioning. a few weeks ago my interface stopped working and I noticed that Windows Update k3140741 was installed. I contacted support and they told me to uninstall the update. It
    wouldn't uninstall, so they told me to restore to the poit before the update, It did and automatically installed the update. I contacted support a second time and they had me rerun the Windows 10 (which I didn't know at the time was going to prevent me from
    going back to my Windows 8.1 version) and that didn't fix the issue. So I contacted support again and after 4 hours they told me Windows is no longer going to support the Firewire adapter because it is obsolete. Apple still sells the Thunderbolt Firewire adapter
    and is supported on Mac, so it is not obsolete. I want to know why Windows will no longer provide an IEEE1394 driver for this device. My friend has a laptop just like mine with Windows 8.1 and when I plug the Thunderbolt Firewire adapter in and a IEEE1394
    device shows up in Device Manager. But on my machine when I plug it in it shows up as a thunderbolt controller under system devices. I wish the Windows Team would put support back for my adapter. My only way at this point to go back to Windows 8.1 is to do
    a clean install losing all the Applications I have installed over the past two years. I wish Microsoft would put the support for the Apple Thunderbolt Firewire device back into windows 10. I have spent countless hours trying to resolve. I have had to cancel
    recording session I had schedule with other musicians and now I can't use my studio that I have invested thousands of dollars in. I would buy a MacBook but I don't have a couple thousand dollars now.

Richard Boogher, Feb 21, 2019
  3. USB-C 3 Thunderbolt port on Asus ZenBook Pro won't cooperate with devices

Laptop: Asus ZenBook Pro ux501vw ds71t

Problem:

I need to connect a firewire audio interface to this computer. It did not come with firewire ports. It has three USB3.0 ports, HDMI port, mic/headphones jack, SD card reader, and Thunderbolt 3 via USB Type-C. I was advised that thunderbolt can be adapted
    to firewire. I bought the Apple adapters (no one else, it appears, makes these adapters). I bought the usb-c to thunderbolt 2, and connected the thunderbolt 2-to-firewire to that, and then ran the firewire audio interface into that.

At first, the USB-C port wasn't even recognized by Windows so I updated the firmware and activated the port. Once that was done I plugged in the first adapter and got an error message saying the device may be incompatible and may not work properly. In Device
    Manager the screen keeps on refreshing.

Anyone encounter then solve this problem?

LarrySmileyEL, Feb 21, 2019
  4. Thunderbolt to FireWire adaptor not recognized "drivers are unavailable"

Why is Windows 10 no longer supporting Apples Thunderbolt to Firewire Adapter as a IEEE1394 device

When working with the Microsoft support team they had me follow the instructions on this

page
    That id not fix it.

It may not be the IEEE1394b driver it self that is the problem. I actually thought I fixed it this past weekend. I went to the Update and Security / Recovery screen and there was an option to revert to previous build. I chose this and when it was done the
    adapter showed up as a IEEE1394b device under the root( machine) of device manager and my interfaces were working. I was happy. But later in the day it stopped working and when I checked in Program and Features / View Installed Updates, KB3140741 was installed
    even with defer updates turned on in advanced options. Something in KB3140741 is causing the Thunderbolt Firewire adapter to not register as an IEEE1394b device. I've tried doing update driver for the thunderbolt and selecting the IEEE1394 driver but it tells
    me that the driver is not correct for the hardware.

I was kind of surprised that I have not seen other post for this issue but I wonder if the Audio recording industry is the only manufactures still building Firewire devices and it seems from what I read on the DAW forums that most recording engineers are
    using Mac.

Richard Boogher, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Thunderbolt to FireWire adaptor not recognized "drivers are unavailable"

1. Thunderbolt to FireWire adaptor not recognized "drivers are unavailable" - Similar Threads - Thunderbolt FireWire adaptor

2. Display driver adaptor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display driver adaptor: I have Dell Latitude E5570 laptopwin 10 proGraphics card is showing two drivers1. AMD2.IntelIf I disable any one of the driver and restart laptop what will happen? it will enable automaticallyKindly give me suggestion as soon as possible...
  3. Display driver adaptor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display driver adaptor: I have Dell Latitude E5570 laptopwin 10 proGraphics card is showing two drivers1. AMD2.IntelIf I disable any one of the driver and restart laptop what will happen? it will enable automaticallyKindly give me suggestion as soon as possible...
  4. Display driver adaptor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Bluetooth adaptor not being recognized

Bluetooth adaptor not being recognized: I have recently bought a Bluetooth adapter. Windows does not recognize it at all. I tried downloading drivers for it to no avail.My older laptop that is running windows 7 can recognize it but my current computer running windows 10 does not. Any idea what might be the...
  6. DRIVER FILES UNAVAILABLE FOR ETHERNET ADAPTOR QTS1081B

DRIVER FILES UNAVAILABLE FOR ETHERNET ADAPTOR QTS1081B: INSTALLED SUBJECT DEVICE BUR DRIVER FILES UNAVAILABLE FOR ETHERNET ADAPTOR QTS1081B https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-files-unavailable-for-ethernet-adaptor/a8e8c0ee-213a-4610-8bed-d4e73a217c84
  7. Windows 10 Firewire drivers

Windows 10 Firewire drivers: Trying to find Windows 10 Firewire drivers. I can't understand why this isn't just a simple request. Instead of being directed to old threads that are defunct, why not, when I ask for Windows 10 Firewire drivers, either tell me that they are not available or give me an active...
  8. Driver for network adaptor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Driver for network adaptor: I'm trying to install realtek network adapter but it is showing me that "windows is still setting up the class configuration for this device (code 56)". And also it is not showing any adapter in change adapter settings except kaspersky adapter. Im not able to get internet...
  9. Driver is unavailable

Driver is unavailable: I removed my printer connection from my new hp laptop with Windows 10, hoping the download of hp software of same would make the scanner work too (which wasn't working) and instead, now, NEITHER one works, and although my printer "shows up" as a device that is connected it...
  10. 1394 (Firewire) Driver

1394 (Firewire) Driver: I have a PCIe Firewire card installed in my desktop as my recording studio interface unit uses Firewire and USB 2.0 (MOTU 896Mk3 Hybrid). My new desktop does not have a USB 2.0 port on the rear I/O panel and the interface unit does not work well with USB 3.0 ports so I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. thunderbolt to firewire windows driver

2. firewire to thunderbolt adapter driver

3. windows driver apple thunderbolt to firewire

4. windows 10 thunderbot card not recognised,
  5. driver thunderbolt ieee1394,
  6. windows driver for apple thunderbolt to firewire adapter,
  7. apple firewire adaptor windows 10,
  8. apple firewire to thunderbolt win 10 driver,
  9. apple firewire adaptor not connecting windows,
  10. apple thunderbolt to firewire adapter windows driver,
  11. windows 10 apple thunderbolt display unknown usb driver,