Windows 10: Thunderbolt

Discus and support Thunderbolt in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello --- A friend just got a laptop from the microsoft store and to my supprised, it has 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports ---- does so If I wanted to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fpefpe, Sep 24, 2020.

1. fpefpe Win User

Thunderbolt

Hello --- A friend just got a laptop from the microsoft store and to my supprised, it has 2 Thunderbolt 3 ports ---- does so If I wanted to connect an external drive to it, I have to have a Thunderbolt drive --- can I use a usb external drive thanks

:)

fpefpe, Sep 24, 2020

2. thunderbolt 3 to displayport adapter

Hi John,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that inconvenience you are facing when the things may not work as expected.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?

When the Thunderbolt 3 is used with certain eighth generation Intel processor-based Windows 10 systems, there is a possibility that the two USB 3.0 ports on the back of the dock (closest to the Ethernet port)
    may not be recognized properly by the operating system.

However, I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and let us know if that helps.

1. Disconnect the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock from the system and remove its power cable to turn off completely.
    2. Uninstall the Intel ‘Thunderbolt Software’ present on your system via the Control Panel ->
      Programs and Features and restart the device once.
    3. Download and install the latest version of the Intel Thunderbolt Software published by your system manufacturer. If you are unable to obtain this download from your system manufacturer, you can download a version directly from Intel
      here -> https://downloadcenter.intel.com/do...-Driver-for-Intel-NUC-Kit-NUC8i7HNK-NUC8i7HVK
    4. Restart the system once again.
    5. Reconnect the power cable to the pluggable Thunderbolt 3 dock, and then reconnect the Thunderbolt 3 cable from the dock to your system.
    6. You should be prompted to authenticate/approve the dock. Follow the onscreen prompts for the completion of the process and check the status of the issue.

If the issue still persists I suggest you to get in touch with the
    Thunderbolt support for the further assistance.

Hope it helps.

Muralidhar

Microsoft Community Moderator

Muralidhar_G, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Windows 10 Pro Workstation Thunderbolt 2

I used all of your suggestions. According to system file checker -- there is nothing damaged or missing. I also uninstall the Thunderbolt software and reinstall it. That did not work. What would be the next steps to resolve this issue? Contacting a Microsoft
    support engineer? Contacting Dell Pro-Support? What are your suggestions?

Here is the link to the Thunderbolt driver:

http://www.dell.com/support/home/us...de=precision-t7810-workstation&driverId=MYDH5

I appreciate your support Mr. Mon.

Jordan_Alpine, Sep 24, 2020
  4. Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt display & Alienware 17 r5

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand how difficult it is, when the device doesn't work in the way it should and in order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below

• What is the Windows 10 version and Build installed? (Type
      winver in Windows search/Run command)
    • Are you connecting the Thunderbolt display for the first time to the Alien ware PC?
    • Are you aware of any changes on the PC, prior to this issue?

In this scenario we would suggest you to refer the below article and check if that helps to fix the issue.

Frequently
    Asked Questions (FAQs) about the Thunderbolt port on a Dell PC

Troubleshooting Ports on your Notebook
    or Desktop Dell PC

If the issue persists, then we would suggest you to get in touch with the

Dell Support
    team.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

Thunderbolt

1. Thunderbolt - Similar Threads - Thunderbolt

2. I only see the thunderbolt overlay on the system tray battery status icon.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I only see the thunderbolt overlay on the system tray battery status icon.: Something caught my attention this week. That being, after my Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 15IRU8 fully charges to 100%. The thunderbolt overlay remains instead of transitioning to a plug overlay. All in all, the battery is functioning properly. My laptop is running 23H2 with the...
  3. I only see the thunderbolt overlay on the system tray battery status icon.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I only see the thunderbolt overlay on the system tray battery status icon.: Something caught my attention this week. That being, after my Lenovo IdeaPad Slim 3 15IRU8 fully charges to 100%. The thunderbolt overlay remains instead of transitioning to a plug overlay. All in all, the battery is functioning properly. My laptop is running 23H2 with the...
  4. Issue with Thunderbolt bridge between two devices.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Issue with Thunderbolt bridge between two devices.: I recently built a new pc tower which has included a Thunderbolt EX 4 card. earlier today I found out that by configuring a Thunderbolt bridge between my Macbook and my pc that I could share files across both of them, which was really cool and useful.However, after I...
  5. Issue with Thunderbolt bridge between two devices.

Issue with Thunderbolt bridge between two devices.: I recently built a new pc tower which has included a Thunderbolt EX 4 card. earlier today I found out that by configuring a Thunderbolt bridge between my Macbook and my pc that I could share files across both of them, which was really cool and useful.However, after I...
  6. Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive: hello all,I spotted this issue around 1.5 month ago when my Thunderbolt 3 port could not recognize the mobile SSD drive a nvme SSD driver normally C to C cable. Problem:The system can read the drive normally if the device is plugged in BEFORE the laptop is turned on. But the...
  7. Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive

Thunderbolt 3 port cannot recognize USB Drive: hello all,I spotted this issue around 1.5 month ago when my Thunderbolt 3 port could not recognize the mobile SSD drive a nvme SSD driver normally C to C cable. Problem:The system can read the drive normally if the device is plugged in BEFORE the laptop is turned on. But the...
  8. Why does only 1 of 2 LG 34WP65C monitors connected through a Surface Thunderbolt 4 Dock...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does only 1 of 2 LG 34WP65C monitors connected through a Surface Thunderbolt 4 Dock...: Why does only 1 of 2 LG 34WP65C monitors connected through a Surface Thunderbolt 4 Dock display the incorrect resolution 1920 x 1080? The other monitor has the correct resolution of 3440 x 1440. This has only been happening for the last 4 weeks. New 8K HDMI cables have been...
  9. Why does only 1 of 2 LG 34WP65C monitors connected through a Surface Thunderbolt 4 Dock...

Why does only 1 of 2 LG 34WP65C monitors connected through a Surface Thunderbolt 4 Dock...: Why does only 1 of 2 LG 34WP65C monitors connected through a Surface Thunderbolt 4 Dock display the incorrect resolution 1920 x 1080? The other monitor has the correct resolution of 3440 x 1440. This has only been happening for the last 4 weeks. New 8K HDMI cables have been...
  10. Can't get my Western Digital Thunderbolt Duo to connect with my laptop via USB C connector.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get my Western Digital Thunderbolt Duo to connect with my laptop via USB C connector.: Hi, I have an old Western Digital 6 TB Thunderbolt Duo external drive I am trying to connect to my Gigabyte Aero 16 laptop. My old External HDD uses the original Thunderbolt 1 connector the one that looks like a MiniDisplay plug. I bought the apple USB-C to Thunderbolt 1/2...