Windows 10: Tidy up Start up settings.

Discus and support Tidy up Start up settings. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, first time poster here - I am a bit of a clean freak and I have a issue that is driving me crazy, there is a few programs that are no longer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by partians, Aug 9, 2015.

1. partians Win User

Tidy up Start up settings.

Hello,
    first time poster here - I am a bit of a clean freak and I have a issue that is driving me crazy,
    there is a few programs that are no longer installed onto my computer however still shows on the 'Start up' via Task Manager, I have attached an image of what I mean, is there ANY way I can tidy this all up?

Thanks.

:)

partians, Aug 9, 2015

2. Cleaning/tidying up Computer Problems

I am running Windows 10 and lately have a number of little problems. Screen freezes, mouse pointer sticks, some slowness with some applications. Is there any tool or cleanup I can do to improve operation. Thanks Jeff

HaroldSherwin, Aug 9, 2015
  3. Jose Est Win User
    Cleaning/tidying up Computer Problems

Hi Harold,

Under performance of a computer can be caused by a variety of hardware, firmware, driver, or software issues.

Here are some suggestions to help make your Windows 10 PC run better:

• Make sure you have the latest updates for Windows and device drivers.
    • Restart your PC and open only the apps you need.
    • Check memory and memory usage.
    • Restore your PC from a system restore point.
    • Disable unnecessary startup programs.
    • Check for and remove viruses and malware.
    • Check for corrupted Windows system files.
    • Adjust the appearance and performance of Windows.
    • Adjust or turn off OneDrive sync.
    • Reset your PC.

Note: Tips are listed in order, start with the first one and continue with the next until the performance issue is fixed.

Refer to this article for a detailed information on how to perform
    each tip.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Tidy up Start up settings.

1. Tidy up Start up settings. - Similar Threads - Tidy Start settings

2. Setting start-up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting start-up: How do I get my chrome browser as start up app? I know it's on task manager before now it's missing. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-start-up/28d30658-a95b-40bb-a4eb-46c1b7d31db5
  3. Setting start-up

in Windows 10 Customization
    Setting start-up: How do I get my chrome browser as start up app? I know it's on task manager before now it's missing. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/setting-start-up/28d30658-a95b-40bb-a4eb-46c1b7d31db5
  4. Setting start-up

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Tidying up foreign Windows10 by reinstalling from USB.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tidying up foreign Windows10 by reinstalling from USB.: I recently bought a Chinese tablet which has Windows10 installed but looking through the directories I find many entries that are in Chinese characters and I am hoping a fresh install will clean up any possible spyware that the tablet may have. I do not know if a standard...
  6. Trying to tidy up my icons; any tips?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Trying to tidy up my icons; any tips?: [ATTACH] Right now, even though I have little clutter on my desktop, I would like to tidy it up. I want to remove the names of all the programs that I have, but when I look online I can't find a way that works for me. I have a TKL keyboard (redragon k561 visnu), so I...
  7. Tidy Up My Desktop - Suggestions Please

in Windows 10 Support
    Tidy Up My Desktop - Suggestions Please: In all the years I have had a pc I find myself saving things on my desktop to access quickly. Eg Word Docs just created, latest eBook downloaded, web pages etc I simply must remember etc If I put them in a folder I can never remember where they are Comes with age lol Can you...
  8. How log to tidy up sync settings on server

How log to tidy up sync settings on server: Hi I just turned off my sync settings because I have bought a new laptop and do not want the settings to be sync/same. The web page came back quickly to say that settings have been deleted but it also said that some data would be deleting when regular housekeeping had run...
  9. Tidy up of folders on a NAS

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Tidy up of folders on a NAS: I have been backing up to my NAS for a few years now. As you can imagine with differing home folder names and other changes, there are multiple copies of my user folders on there. I would like to merge these and sanitise them but I dont want to loose any files. Whats the...
  10. Tidy up the Start Menu/Screen in Windows 10 Tech Preview

Tidy up the Start Menu/Screen in Windows 10 Tech Preview: (For 'Modern' Apps, the default ones can be hidden, others need to be uninstalled if you don't use them or wish to see them) Minute and a half vid: Tidy Up the Start Menu or Screen - 000's library 2089