Windows 10: Tidying/reorganising disk

Discus and support Tidying/reorganising disk in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Members I have finally updated my old work laptop from W8.1 pro to Win 10 pro. During the process I was shy of wiping the disk 0 and only... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by kiwig, Jul 3, 2019.

1. kiwig Win User

Tidying/reorganising disk

Hello Members
    I have finally updated my old work laptop from W8.1 pro to Win 10 pro.
    During the process I was shy of wiping the disk 0 and only formatted C:. Consequently I have a bit of a mongrel looking disk

Tidying/reorganising disk [​IMG]

Should I reinstall again and wipe the disk beforehand or is there an other option for bettering the setup?
    Thanks

:)

kiwig, Jul 3, 2019
  2. pj98RX Win User

memory reorganiser N97

The memory reorganiser sis file has been removed from the N97 web site because it didn't function properly. Instead, you should use the instructions in the original post of this thread by carman58 if you want to run again the reorganiser:

• Select Menu > Settings > Application mgr. > Installed apps. and uninstall "Reorganiser Uninstaller"
    • Select Menu > Applications > SW Update and install "Memory reorganiser"
    Note that you must have N97 20.0.019 or later, the reorganiser application is not available for the older device versions.

pj98RX, Jul 3, 2019
  3. desktop tidy.

can anyone suggest a good desktop tidy program, mine freezes on startup and takes an age to finally start.

aaron eggleton, Jul 3, 2019
  4. jcourcoul Win User

Reorganiser

That's what I was expecting, but the application is nowhere to be found. The installer says it was installed successfully after sending it over from the PC via Bluetooth. And the App. Manager says that the "Reorganiser Uninstaller" is installed on the E:
    device, but the icon does not appear.

What do you suggest?

jcourcoul, Jul 3, 2019
Thema:

1. Tidying/reorganising disk - Similar Threads - Tidying reorganising disk

2. Windows 11 reorganising 'Pictures'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 reorganising 'Pictures': I have Windows 11 Home, Version 22HZ. Previously with Vista I had a 'Photos' section where, if I added some photos from my camera, they went into a monthly dated folder. Since the conversions to Windows 10 and then 11 I now have a 'Pictures' section where added photos appear...
  3. Windows 11 reorganising 'Pictures'

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 reorganising 'Pictures': I have Windows 11 Home, Version 22HZ. Previously with Vista I had a 'Photos' section where, if I added some photos from my camera, they went into a monthly dated folder. Since the conversions to Windows 10 and then 11 I now have a 'Pictures' section where added photos appear...
  4. Tidying Win10 mail contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Tidying Win10 mail contacts: Hello, My contacts list has got rather long over the years, with people on it who are no longer with us. However I can't find a way of removing them, if I go into people and right click the name delete is greyed out. Is there a way of exporting these contacts in a csv form...
  5. Tidy Up My Desktop - Suggestions Please

in Windows 10 Support
    Tidy Up My Desktop - Suggestions Please: In all the years I have had a pc I find myself saving things on my desktop to access quickly. Eg Word Docs just created, latest eBook downloaded, web pages etc I simply must remember etc If I put them in a folder I can never remember where they are Comes with age lol Can you...
  6. Backup tidying?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup tidying?: I have quite a few GB of Macrium system images from various Windows versions and the space consumption is getting pretty high. These are full system images that include Windows+Program Files etc. To consolidate things I figured I would pull all the important stuff from the...
  7. Backup tidying?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Backup tidying?: I have quite a few GB of Macrium system images from various Windows versions and the space consumption is getting pretty high. These are full system images that include Windows+Program Files etc. To consolidate things I figured I would pull all the important stuff from the...
  8. Tidy up of folders on a NAS

Tidy up of folders on a NAS: I have been backing up to my NAS for a few years now. As you can imagine with differing home folder names and other changes, there are multiple copies of my user folders on there. I would like to merge these and sanitise them but I dont want to loose any files. Whats the...
  9. Tidy up Start up settings.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tidy up Start up settings.: Hello, first time poster here - I am a bit of a clean freak and I have a issue that is driving me crazy, there is a few programs that are no longer installed onto my computer however still shows on the 'Start up' via Task Manager, I have attached an image of what I mean,...
  10. slow to reorganise folder view

slow to reorganise folder view: Win10 14905-160811 on fast ssd system I have a library folder with 4,000 images. The folder is set to view in date order. When I open it in File Manager a green bar crawls across for up to two minutes before the folder is displayed in the correct order. This doesn't always...