Windows 10: Tidying Win10 mail contacts

Discus and support Tidying Win10 mail contacts in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hello, My contacts list has got rather long over the years, with people on it who are no longer with us. However I can't find a way of removing them,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by enfield250, Sep 3, 2020.

1. Tidying Win10 mail contacts

Hello,
    My contacts list has got rather long over the years, with people on it who are no longer with us.
    However I can't find a way of removing them, if I go into people and right click the name delete is greyed out.
    Is there a way of exporting these contacts in a csv form that I can edit. then re-import.?
    Cheers, Colin

:)

enfield250, Sep 3, 2020
  2. bestellen Win User

Deleting contacts from Windows 10

When you say Windows Mail Live are you referring to Mail app or Windows Live Mail?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Open Windows Live Mail.
    • Press Ctrl + 3 using your keyboard. Right-click on the contact to delete it if it is a single contact.
    • Highlight all contacts by pressing Ctrl + A.
    • Click Delete located on the Ribbon bar.
    • Click OK when you see the message These contacts will also be deleted from Hotmail, Messenger, and other Windows Live services.

After following the steps above, all your contacts that you have manually added to your account will be deleted however, contacts coming from third-party sites such as Facebook will not be deleted unless you remove Facebook from your account.

For Mail app:

Open People app then delete the contact.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

bestellen, Sep 3, 2020
  3. MarkB Win User
    Simple way to import Thunderbird contacts into Win10 Mail

Thanks to everyone who wrote on this before me. I got ideas from them, and it helped me find that I think is a simple way to import Thunderbird contacts into Windows10 Mail. (Note that I'm using the latest version of Win10 in July 2019.)

1. Export the Thunderbird contacts as a .csv file to your computer.

2. Open Gmail. (If you are not using a Gmail account with Win10 Mail, open one. You can easily delete it later.)

3. In your Gmail account's online dashboard click on "help" and type in "import contacts." It will explain the simple steps to import the .csv file you saved from Thunderbird.

4.Once the contacts are in your Gmail account, go to Win10 Mail and click on Mange Accounts. Highlight your gmail account name. In the next menu click on "options for syncing your content." In the next menu click on "sync contacts and calendars". Click on "every 15 mins."

5. Back out out of that screen and go to the contacts icon on Windows10 Mail. You new contacts, email addresses, etc. should be there, if not right away, soon.

PS After decades of using email programs that work on WinX I have not found one that's foolproof. I would pay $$ for a simple, shock-proof email program. I hope this version of Mail is better. (I just moved from Win7 & Thunderbird to Win10.)

MarkB, Sep 3, 2020
  4. Bastet Win User

Tidying Win10 mail contacts

Win10 Mail - where's the address book?

That’s now the People app. Tidying Win10 mail contacts :)
    If you know the contact's name or email address & they’re listed in the People app, you can start typing the first few letters of their name or email address and Mail for Windows 10 will suggest matching contacts.

Bastet, Sep 3, 2020
Thema:

Tidying Win10 mail contacts

1. Tidying Win10 mail contacts - Similar Threads - Tidying Win10 mail

2. WIN10 Mail App - How to edit contacts

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    WIN10 Mail App - How to edit contacts: I use the mail app in Windows 10 not Outlook and want to edit the contacts but can't seem to figure out how. When I start to type in the 'to' field it auto populates with suggestions, but those are not in the contacts list - I want to delete old/mistyped ones, and want to...
  3. E-mail Contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    E-mail Contacts: G'day,I do not know what happened. If I wanted to find a friend & their e-mail, I would click on Switch To People. I would see all my contact. When I do it now I get this Pop-Up. Please could somebody tell me how I can get it back to the way it was?Cheers Perry* Moved from...
  4. Mail app contacts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mail app contacts: Ok here goes. windows 10. I add a contact. When sending an e-mail to that person it comes back undeliverable. Then I realize I spelled it incorrectly. I go to that contact, click edit & correct & save the info. Now, when I forward an e-mail I click in the To: window, start...
  5. Mail Contacts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Mail Contacts: How do I move my contacts from a csv file to Windows 10 Mail? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mail-contacts/ecca300a-cbcf-434d-87c9-6ab89d8d8c38
  6. Create a Contact from a received email, Win10 Mail App

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create a Contact from a received email, Win10 Mail App: How do you add a person to your Contacts/People from their email? Until a few months ago , I could click on their icon or email address in their email to me, and it would be saved. Now, if I click on their email address, I just get an option to save the link. I have to...
  7. Backup tidying?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup tidying?: I have quite a few GB of Macrium system images from various Windows versions and the space consumption is getting pretty high. These are full system images that include Windows+Program Files etc. To consolidate things I figured I would pull all the important stuff from the...
  8. Backup tidying?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Backup tidying?: I have quite a few GB of Macrium system images from various Windows versions and the space consumption is getting pretty high. These are full system images that include Windows+Program Files etc. To consolidate things I figured I would pull all the important stuff from the...
  9. Mail Contacts

in Browsers and Email
    Mail Contacts: When I send an email to one particular contact, two different addresses show. That person is not in my Contacts list nor is it in my Gmail contact list. How do I eliminate the invalid address? 54135
  10. E-Mail contacts

in Browsers and Email
    E-Mail contacts: The Win 10 Mail does not have a connection to contacts. If you want to forward or send E-Mail, you have to open the People app and copy and paste to the To line in the Web 10 Mail page. Is there a way to have the contacts button on the Web 10 mail page? I had to download Win...