Windows 10: .tiff images have pink tint when viewed in Windows Photo Viewer

Discus and support .tiff images have pink tint when viewed in Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm having an issue viewing some .tiffs in Windows Photo Viewer. When I open the image, the preview is the correct color. However, when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Maid.DeLa.Mer, Sep 18, 2019.

1. .tiff images have pink tint when viewed in Windows Photo Viewer

Hi all, I'm having an issue viewing some .tiffs in Windows Photo Viewer. When I open the image, the preview is the correct color. However, when the image finishes loading, it turns the entire window pink. I've tried correcting the color profile through the Color Management window, but nothing has been successful. Any ideas on what I can try next?

I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1803, OS build 17134.1006 on an Intel Core i7-6700.

.tiff images have pink tint when viewed in Windows Photo Viewer [​IMG]

the original image looks like this:

.tiff images have pink tint when viewed in Windows Photo Viewer 5f066723-41d1-427e-a992-a9c9facdb037?upload=true.png

:)

Maid.DeLa.Mer, Sep 18, 2019

2. viewing pictures in the photo viewer

What format are these pictures ?

Will they open in any other viewers or in Paint.

There are many different photo viewers out there what support many more formats than the Windows photo viewer can support.

Windows Photo Viewer supports images in BMP, JPEG, JPEG XR (formerly
    HD Photo), PNG, ICO, GIF and TIFF file formats.

Are your photos a different format such a RAW ?

Frank N St31n, Sep 18, 2019
  3. LemP Win User
    Windows Photo Viewer

Windows Photo Viewer is built into Windows 7. There are no separate updates or downloads for this utility.

If you are having a problem viewing some photos, either the files are damaged in some way or they are in a format that is not recognized by WPV (BMP/DIB, JPG/JPEG/JFIF, PNG, ICO, GIF, TIF/TIFF, WDP).

If you get an error message when trying to view image files, please provide the complete text of the message.

I suggest that you use (free) IrfanView, which is one of the most popular and versatile image file viewers available:
    IrfanView - Official Homepage - One of the Most Popular Viewers Worldwide

4. .tiff images have pink tint when viewed in Windows Photo Viewer

Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

.tiff images have pink tint when viewed in Windows Photo Viewer

1. .tiff images have pink tint when viewed in Windows Photo Viewer - Similar Threads - tiff images pink

2. Some photos black and white have red tint when viewing on slideshow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some photos black and white have red tint when viewing on slideshow: I have a bunch of photos that I like to view on slideshow on MS Photo and works on multiple monitors too. It was great until more than month ago. Now it only plays on one monitor at a time and there's red tint on black and white photos. It might have been updated and it...
  3. Some photos black and white have red tint when viewing on slideshow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Some photos black and white have red tint when viewing on slideshow: I have a bunch of photos that I like to view on slideshow on MS Photo and works on multiple monitors too. It was great until more than month ago. Now it only plays on one monitor at a time and there's red tint on black and white photos. It might have been updated and it...
  4. Windows Photo Viewer applies Yellow Tint & Background to images

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Photo Viewer applies Yellow Tint & Background to images: [ATTACH]Windows Photo Viewer is an app to view images on a Windows system. It works fine on most computers, but some users are complaining that Windows Photo Viewer applies a Yellow Tint & Background to images making it look worse. In this article, we are going to address...
  5. Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer: More a bug report than a question, so hopefully someone can refer this to the appropriate parties.After previewing an image in the default Windows Photo Viewer, the image rotates by itself.I originally thought I had hit the rotate buttons in the new Explorer but it happened...
  6. Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer

Image rotates after viewing in Windows Photo Viewer: More a bug report than a question, so hopefully someone can refer this to the appropriate parties.After previewing an image in the default Windows Photo Viewer, the image rotates by itself.I originally thought I had hit the rotate buttons in the new Explorer but it happened...
  7. Photo Viewer adds a yellow tint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Photo Viewer adds a yellow tint: Photos in the Windows Photo Viewer appear to have a yellow tint. Looking at the same photo on the same monitor at the same time etc in Windows Paint the colors are more true to the original scene. Attached is a screen shot of the same photo taken on an iPhone. Paint is on the...
  8. Photo Viewer adds a yellow tint

Photo Viewer adds a yellow tint: Photos in the Windows Photo Viewer appear to have a yellow tint. Looking at the same photo on the same monitor at the same time etc in Windows Paint the colors are more true to the original scene. Attached is a screen shot of the same photo taken on an iPhone. Paint is on the...
  9. Microsoft Photo Viewer automatically applies yellow tint to photos

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft Photo Viewer automatically applies yellow tint to photos: Microsoft Photo Viewer applies a yellow filter to all images when I try to view them, if I'm skipping between photos quickly there's a short glimpse of the normal photo before the filter is applied. This doesn't permennantly change the images however it makes it hard to see...
  10. Red/Pink Tint

in Windows 10 Customization
    Red/Pink Tint: I have a two monitor extended view set up for my computer. For some reason one of them has a red/pink tint to it making it difficult to work with. I have tried personalization, display on Settings - and nothing will get rid of the tint. Can anyone help??...