Windows 10: .tiff images have pink tint when viewed in Windows Photo Viewer

Discus and support .tiff images have pink tint when viewed in Windows Photo Viewer in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm having an issue viewing some .tiffs in Windows Photo Viewer. When I open the image, the preview is the correct color. However, when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Maid.DeLa.Mer, Sep 18, 2019.

1. .tiff images have pink tint when viewed in Windows Photo Viewer

Hi all, I'm having an issue viewing some .tiffs in Windows Photo Viewer. When I open the image, the preview is the correct color. However, when the image finishes loading, it turns the entire window pink. I've tried correcting the color profile through the Color Management window, but nothing has been successful. Any ideas on what I can try next?

I'm running Windows 10 Enterprise, Version 1803, OS build 17134.1006 on an Intel Core i7-6700.

.tiff images have pink tint when viewed in Windows Photo Viewer [​IMG]

the original image looks like this:

.tiff images have pink tint when viewed in Windows Photo Viewer 5f066723-41d1-427e-a992-a9c9facdb037?upload=true.png

:)

Maid.DeLa.Mer, Sep 18, 2019

2. viewing pictures in the photo viewer

What format are these pictures ?

Will they open in any other viewers or in Paint.

There are many different photo viewers out there what support many more formats than the Windows photo viewer can support.

Windows Photo Viewer supports images in BMP, JPEG, JPEG XR (formerly
    HD Photo), PNG, ICO, GIF and TIFF file formats.

Are your photos a different format such a RAW ?

Frank N St31n, Sep 18, 2019
  3. LemP Win User
    Windows Photo Viewer

Windows Photo Viewer is built into Windows 7. There are no separate updates or downloads for this utility.

If you are having a problem viewing some photos, either the files are damaged in some way or they are in a format that is not recognized by WPV (BMP/DIB, JPG/JPEG/JFIF, PNG, ICO, GIF, TIF/TIFF, WDP).

If you get an error message when trying to view image files, please provide the complete text of the message.

I suggest that you use (free) IrfanView, which is one of the most popular and versatile image file viewers available:
    IrfanView - Official Homepage - One of the Most Popular Viewers Worldwide

4. .tiff images have pink tint when viewed in Windows Photo Viewer

Windows 10 default image viewer

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to change the default image viewer to Paint.

• In search,
    • Type Default Programs.
    • Check whether Windows Photo Viewer is listed in the list.
    • Left click on the photo viewer and select the option paint.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Divya Murugan, Sep 18, 2019
Thema:

.tiff images have pink tint when viewed in Windows Photo Viewer

1. .tiff images have pink tint when viewed in Windows Photo Viewer - Similar Threads - tiff images pink

2. Add Photos to FastStone Image Viewer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Add Photos to FastStone Image Viewer: Hi I like to use Windows Photo App in a FastStone ImageViewer like "Open with" command. I can add all other programs from MIcrosoft Store but not Photos app. Is there any chance to do it? I use this path: C:\Program...
  3. Is there a way to "skip" *.arw files when viewing in Windows Photo Viewer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to "skip" *.arw files when viewing in Windows Photo Viewer?: I'm trying to skip *.arw files in Windows Photo Viewer since I shoot in RAW and JPG on my camera. The "Linked duplicates" function doesn't work for ARW files, so I was wondering if there is something I can do to skip RAW/ARW files since they take a couple seconds to load and...
  4. "Windows Photo Viewer" cropping images in slideshow

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Windows Photo Viewer" cropping images in slideshow: I prefer to use "Windows Photo Viewer" for viewing images since like forever, and since I upgraded to windows 10 I have been facing some issues. I recently upgraded to Windows 10, but when I use the same it shows all the images cropped whenever I enter the slideshow mode. Is...
  5. Windows 10 Default Image / Photo Viewer.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Default Image / Photo Viewer.: Hello world, I'm having some issues with the default windows 10 photo / image viewer. When I open a image, the application loads said image but adds a certain yellow-ish tint to it aswell as some kind of resolution downgrade. It's weird because the instant I open the image,...
  6. Windows 10 Microsoft Photos Viewer Opens Then Crashes - Cannot view Photos

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Microsoft Photos Viewer Opens Then Crashes - Cannot view Photos: I have had this happen on two machines. I have read nearly hundreds of blog posts and forums with many suggestions but nothing seems to work. I have done the Re-Register of Microsoft Apps (ALL of them) SFC /Scannow Uninstall and reinstall System Restore Change registry...
  7. Windows 10 wierd pink tint to everything.

Windows 10 wierd pink tint to everything.: Ok, so recently WIndows 10 has been making red appear pink. I have tried calibrating my display settings but to no avail. I have reinstalled drivers. I have done everything I can find on the question. Although white still appears white things that are red appear to be pink....
  8. Red/Pink Tint

Red/Pink Tint: I have a two monitor extended view set up for my computer. For some reason one of them has a red/pink tint to it making it difficult to work with. I have tried personalization, display on Settings - and nothing will get rid of the tint. Can anyone help??...
  9. Can't open photos on image viewer

Can't open photos on image viewer: Hey guys, I can't open photos on image viewer from yesterday. [img] Regards. 82902
  10. Pink Tint on Screen - Please Help

in Windows 10 Support
    Pink Tint on Screen - Please Help: Hi I very recently got this computer and only just installed windows 8.1 yesterday. After I installed windows everything seemed to be working fine and I had no problems with the monitor. I then installed the Graphics Card Drivers and when that was all finished and I restarted...