Windows 10: Tiff photo file unable to delete, move, or change name with any application.

Discus and support Tiff photo file unable to delete, move, or change name with any application. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a photo file that wont respond to any change and wont delete with Explorer There is no error message at all. The file opens on all photo... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JimD_4687, May 15, 2020.

1. JimD_4687 Win User

Tiff photo file unable to delete, move, or change name with any application.

I have a photo file that wont respond to any change and wont delete with Explorer

There is no error message at all.

The file opens on all photo editing software but edits will not save, the process just stops with no error message.

Any changes with Explorer just stop indefinitely, so Explorer has to be closed.

I have tried Safe Mode and Command prompt only with Administrator access but I get "File not recognised" by Command line deletion or no effect when deleted by Explorer.

What is the problem with this file ? It is a tiff file that actually contains several layers or photos within it. Perhaps Windows does not recognise these ?

JD

:)

JimD_4687, May 15, 2020

2. changing TIFF to JPEG

Hi Bernita,

You can use Microsoft Paint to convert TIFF files to JPEG format. To do so, kindly refer to the steps below:

• Open the file that you would like to convert using Microsoft Paint.
    • Go to the File menu.
    • Select Save As and click on the JPEG
      picture
      option from the menu.
    • Choose your desired location on your computer, enter the file name, and click on the Save
      button to save and convert the TIFF file to a JPEG format.

We're just here if you need further assistance.

Stephanie Sal, May 15, 2020
  3. converting multiple tiff files into one

Hello SNOHOMY,

Open the Word file and then click File->Print from the application menu.

Choose TIFF Image Printer 11.0 from the list of printers and then click the Print button.

Enter the location and filename for the TIFF file and then click Save.

Open the JPEG image and click File->Print from the application menu.

Choose TIFF Image Printer 11.0 from the list of printers and then click the Print button.

Enter the same filename, choose TIFF Multipaged (*.tif) and check Append to file, then click Save.

Now open the Excel spreadsheet and click File->Print from the application menu.

Enter the same filename, choose TIFF Multipaged (*.tif) and check Append to file, then click Save.

Now all 3 files are merged together in a single TIFF file.

You can see it in a video

Hope it helps, have a good day

ManuelCapiro, May 15, 2020
  4. Tiff photo file unable to delete, move, or change name with any application.

Tiff files and Photo Gallery

How do I stop Tiff files from being opened in Photo Gallery by default please?

Littlereeds, May 15, 2020
Thema:

Tiff photo file unable to delete, move, or change name with any application.

1. Tiff photo file unable to delete, move, or change name with any application. - Similar Threads - Tiff photo file

2. Unable to delete photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to delete photos: I have no idea why these pictures continue to pop up in my photo gallery, it is taking up too much of my space and I am unable to delete this pictures. I continue to receive this error message. How do I delete unwanted pictures from Microsoft Photos?...
  3. Unable to delete photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to delete photos: I have no idea why these pictures continue to pop up in my photo gallery, it is taking up too much of my space and I am unable to delete this pictures. I continue to receive this error message. How do I delete unwanted pictures from Microsoft Photos?...
  4. Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to move, copy, delete, or rename a file: A user screenshotted a twitter feed and did not rename the file. The file name is now exceedingly long, causing issues with our backup service due to the filepath length. I have tried moving, copying, renaming, and deleting the file, but nothing happens, not even an error. I...
  5. application name on taskbar will change

in Windows 10 Customization
    application name on taskbar will change: I launch an application you can see the name on the taskbar is correct. [ATTACH] But when I pin it to taskbar, the name is changed. [ATTACH] I wonder where taskbar get the application name string? I am not sure if it is a problem of windows or the application....
  6. I cannot delete a TIFF image

I cannot delete a TIFF image: I made a picture with a program gimp and then I couldn't delete it. I tried all the way but to no avail Even through CMD Now a picture on the desktop and I don't want to do a format Others face the same problem without solutions...
  7. Change or Delete File Name

Change or Delete File Name: Why why why can't I change the name or delete a folder: [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-or-delete-file-name/fdf1e777-137d-484d-9093-68108b40e553"
  8. Unable to move or delete files or folders

Unable to move or delete files or folders: Constantly get "File/Folder in use by another program". https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-move-or-delete-files-or-folders/767b3b2f-8ebd-4563-9150-2a0fd6f33e5f"
  9. Change SurfaceGo photo file name format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change SurfaceGo photo file name format: Good afternoon all, My phone and Go upload the photos I take with these devices to my Onedrive. The phone uses a file name format like IMG_20180920_134314.jpg , but unfortunately the Go uses a format like WIN_20180919_15_26_07_Pro How Do I make the SurfaceGo format the...
  10. Change Go photo file name format

in Windows 10 Support
    Change Go photo file name format: Good day all, My phone and Go tablet upload the photos I take with these devices to my Onedrive. The phone (and all photos from the past 10 years or so) use a file name format like IMG_20180920_134314.jpg , but unfortunately the Go uses a format like...