Windows 10: TIFU by closing my computer during a windows 10 update.

Discus and support TIFU by closing my computer during a windows 10 update. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Any help would be welcome. I use this computer in school and have everything stored on it. submitted by /u/chickenforce02 [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/chickenforce02, Nov 25, 2020.

1. TIFU by closing my computer during a windows 10 update.

Any help would be welcome. I use this computer in school and have everything stored on it.

submitted by /u/chickenforce02
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/chickenforce02, Nov 25, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Nov 25, 2020
  3. RCoon Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

How to stop Windows 10 from automatically installing new and updated drivers constantly (particularly for GPU users with stable drivers)

• Right click "My Computer"
    • Click "Properties"
    • Click on "Hardware" tab
    • Click "Device Installation Settings"
    • Tick the "No, let me choose what to do"
    • Tick "Never install driver software from Windows Update"

RCoon, Nov 25, 2020
  4. Nordic Win User

TIFU by closing my computer during a windows 10 update.

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 25, 2020
Thema:

TIFU by closing my computer during a windows 10 update.

1. TIFU by closing my computer during a windows 10 update. - Similar Threads - TIFU closing computer

2. Closing the lid on a laptop during updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Closing the lid on a laptop during updates: My mother bought a laptop with win10 home last year, and it was updated to win11 back in December. She just asked me if she can close the lid after choosing "update windows and shut down". I haven't owned a laptop in over 10 years, well technically I still have an XP laptop...
  3. Closing the lid on a laptop during updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Closing the lid on a laptop during updates: My mother bought a laptop with win10 home last year, and it was updated to win11 back in December. She just asked me if she can close the lid after choosing "update windows and shut down". I haven't owned a laptop in over 10 years, well technically I still have an XP laptop...
  4. accidentally closed my laptop during windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    accidentally closed my laptop during windows update: i accidentally closed my laptop during a windows update and now my laptop turns on and off by itself. the screen stays black. right when the laptop ons it shuts right down by itself. it ons and offs by itself. tried holding down the power button but it doesnt work. using asus...
  5. Computer crashed during Windows 10 update

Computer crashed during Windows 10 update: My CPU crashed while doing updating an Microsoft Windows 10 through Security > Updates. This was not a normal update, it appeared under the normal updates, so I call it Windows 10 update. So unfortunately, the computer moved to Sleep because I was out of the room for some...
  6. error during my update for window 10

error during my update for window 10: [IMG] Dear sir, Please kindly help me to resolve this problem almost a month ago for this kind of concern.. thank you and god bless. Regards, angelito L. de Jesus Philippines, manila...
  7. Computer Hangs on Restart During Windows 10 Updates

Computer Hangs on Restart During Windows 10 Updates: One of my computers hangs on restart while trying to apply Windows 10 updates. The symptoms are that when a restart is required after installing an update, everything progresses normally during the shutdown phase, but when it gets to the boot-up phase, the system hangs with...
  8. My computer refuses to stay on during the update.

My computer refuses to stay on during the update.: Once my computer had gotten stuck during and update, so I was stuck watching it spend 30 minutes removing any progress it made, before it turned on. The second time it installed for close to 40-50 minutes, before turning off on it's own and then spending another 30 minutes...
  9. Closing a laptop during an update

Closing a laptop during an update: It was time for me to go to sleep when my mom noticed my computer was still on she said it should be turned off but I tell her I can't because the laptop is updating, and then she grabs my laptop and closes it and puts it outside in the living room out of my reach, then today...
  10. Killed my daughter's computer during update

Killed my daughter's computer during update: Greetings, I was performing a Windows 10 update on my daughter's HP Stream laptop when ti got hung up (9 hours at 10%). With no other apparent choice, I hard-powered it off. Now, nothing I've tried has made Windows repair successfully. My latest effort was to create a USB...