Windows 10: TIFU - Can’t Log in, PIN disabled, password forgot, Microsoft password doesn’t work! Help!

Discus and support TIFU - Can’t Log in, PIN disabled, password forgot, Microsoft password doesn’t work! Help! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I f*cked up today, I was going through msconfig to try to disable some very annoying startup applications that wouldn’t disable when I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Anon49608, Mar 25, 2020.

1. TIFU - Can’t Log in, PIN disabled, password forgot, Microsoft password doesn’t work! Help!

So I f*cked up today, I was going through msconfig to try to disable some very annoying startup applications that wouldn’t disable when I tried to remove them from the task manager startup list. In doing so, I set my computer to boot diagnostic I think or safe mode and disabled some things I shouldn’t have, and am not able to log in now. Usually I use a pin to log in, but that option is disabled and says “Someyhing happened and your PIN isn’t available. Click to set up your PIN again.” , and clicking set up pin does nothing. The only option to log in is with a password, and I don’t believe I have a windows password set, and my Microsoft password doesn’t work either. Please help if you can, I don’t want to factory reset my computer TIFU - Can’t Log in, PIN disabled, password forgot, Microsoft password doesn’t work! Help! :(

submitted by /u/Anon49608
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Anon49608, Mar 25, 2020

2. Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused. I will assist you with this.

Please let us know

• Are you logged in with a local account or Microsoft account?
    • Have you tried typing the password with On-Screen keyboard?
    I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: On-Screen Keyboard

You may use the accessibility options to pop open a on-screen keyboard and type the password from there to make sure you are typing the correct password.

If the issue persists,

Step 2:

If you see your email address listed there, it must be a Microsoft account. You will be able to reset the password and log in if your PC is connected to internet.

Refer,

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-live/account-reset-password-forgot-faq

Hope this information was helpful.

Deepak_Krishnan R, Mar 25, 2020
  3. RobGaal Win User
    Upgrade to windows 10. Current password doesn t work

Current password doesn t work incorrect. Reset password requirs some usb stick which is not in my posession. Any ideas ? Try to access microsoft account but non of my email adress is recognised so cannot try this option.

RobGaal, Mar 25, 2020
  4. BetoLP Win User

TIFU - Can’t Log in, PIN disabled, password forgot, Microsoft password doesn’t work! Help!

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

TIFU - Can’t Log in, PIN disabled, password forgot, Microsoft password doesn’t work! Help! [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Mar 25, 2020
Thema:

TIFU - Can’t Log in, PIN disabled, password forgot, Microsoft password doesn’t work! Help!

1. TIFU - Can’t Log in, PIN disabled, password forgot, Microsoft password doesn’t work! Help! - Similar Threads - TIFU Can’t Log

2. Forgot PIN and The Password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forgot PIN and The Password: I forgot my PIN and Password on my laptop unable to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin-and-the-password/a82c5b3e-240c-4590-a7f5-72c7710430a5
  3. Forgot PIN and The Password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot PIN and The Password: I forgot my PIN and Password on my laptop unable to login https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forgot-pin-and-the-password/a82c5b3e-240c-4590-a7f5-72c7710430a5
  4. Forgot password, can’t reset it.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forgot password, can’t reset it.: Hello Microsoft Community! I just got my desktop back and I can’t seem to remember my password. It’s been in storage for a year or two and no matter what passwords / PIN I try; nothing seems to work. I’ve tried resetting it as well but I don’t have access to the phone number...
  5. Forgot password, can’t reset it.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Forgot password, can’t reset it.: Hello Microsoft Community! I just got my desktop back and I can’t seem to remember my password. It’s been in storage for a year or two and no matter what passwords / PIN I try; nothing seems to work. I’ve tried resetting it as well but I don’t have access to the phone number...
  6. Forgot PIN and Password

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Forgot PIN and Password: I am logged into my computer via thumbprint. Since I have been using my thumbprint, I have forgotten my PIN and password. How do I change them so I can access my computer without my thumbprint?...
  7. Forgot password; disabled Microsoft services

Forgot password; disabled Microsoft services: Hi, I had some troubles with my computer, and i followed this solution http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135, unfortunetly i forgot to click "disable microsoft services" and when i restarted it i couldnt get in using PIN code, and i dont remember the password because i was...
  8. Need help pin disabled password not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Need help pin disabled password not working: My pc is telling me my pin is not an option put my password in an Every pass word I have isnt working my version is before 1803 is there anything I can do when I went into safe mode it had the option to reset password but when I click on it it says I need a usb drive when I...
  9. Forgot PIN and Password

Forgot PIN and Password: Hello, I forgot my PIN and password for my windows 10 laptop because I didnt use it for a long time Now i cant connect I didnt found any "forgot passowrd" link to get my password on outlook. My outlook is linked to my laptop but they dont have the same password....
  10. Forgot PIN and Password

Forgot PIN and Password: I cannot remember my PIN nor password for a Win10 laptop. Finger print scan still works but says I also have to enter my PIN. Is there any way to recover without doing a full reset and losing all data?...