Windows 10: Tighter security plans for Windows 10

Discus and support Tighter security plans for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft unveils tighter security plans for Windows 10- The Inquirer MICROSOFT HAS UNVEILED a host of security features in its upcoming Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Rickkins, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Rickkins Win User

Tighter security plans for Windows 10

Microsoft unveils tighter security plans for Windows 10- The Inquirer
    Just so long as it is NOT mandatory....

:)

Rickkins, Oct 23, 2014
  2. J&N2016 Win User

How do I have 2 computers activated with 1 windows home product key?

It's called leeway been like this for years but with Windows 10 it is getting tighter.

J&N2016, Oct 23, 2014
  3. My Laptop shows other Wi-Fi but doesn't show my own Wi-Fi.

Maybe your router is setup to not broadcast its SSID. This can be chosen for tighter security, but it means anyone wanting to connect has to manually type in the SSID and password, etc.

Don Cuthbert, Oct 23, 2014
  4. Tighter security plans for Windows 10

John Pombrio, Oct 23, 2014
  5. Heh. I needed to use the two factor authentication to INSTALL Windows 10. Remember the nag screen where it asked you to get a super secret code via one of a few sources like your phone text message, an e-mail account, or other things that your MS account knows about? That is the two-factor authentication at work. I got the code off of my phone and then things continued on. Get used to it and not just on MS stuff as my Google account, Steam account, and battle.net all use it.

John Pombrio, Oct 23, 2014
  6. unifex Win User
    I installed Windows 10 without any such thing, straight to the local account.

unifex, Oct 24, 2014
  7. Another way to get locked out when this new feature is off line or as every Microsoft service goes on the fritz eventually
    When a password on a local computer is not enough :/
    I doubt Microsoft can force people into 2 step sign in's or simply installing something
    So we are to believe cell services are secure via text messaging *Confused

ThrashZone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Tighter security plans for Windows 10

1. Tighter security plans for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Tighter security plans

2. Windows Power Plan Issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Power Plan Issue: Laptop will not go into sleep mode automatically after adjusting power plan when power is on. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-power-plan-issue/05342902-658e-4115-a06e-1a95016886b6
  3. Windows 10 Power Plan Keeps Changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Power Plan Keeps Changing: I have set my laptop to never sleep, regardless of whether it's charging or not, and there have still been instances where it's gone to sleep. Upon waking it, I find that windows has changed my power plan. How can I stop this?...
  4. Is this Windows 10 security?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Is this Windows 10 security?: Hello, I attach an image of a window I keep getting when I logon. Is it legitimate windows security? Many thanks 57304
  5. Windows 10 Subscription Plan

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Subscription Plan: http://http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...tag=TREd8c0fa8 [img] In a recent article -- "How much would a Windows 10 subscription cost?" -- I took a look at the history of Windows pricing and speculated what a Windows 10 subscription might look like. At that...
  6. Export and Import Power Plan in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export and Import Power Plan in Windows 10: Brink, thank you for this. Should come handy when I mess up. I did it in elevated cmd. The backups went to admin desktop which is ok. Is there anyway to backup the many settings in each plan in a readable .txt format? Not sure I understand the impact of point 5. Does...
  7. Choose Power Plan in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Choose Power Plan in Windows 10: I have an ASUS G750JW with Windows 10. I have Power4Gear High Performance checked off right now. I also have additional plans, one of which is called High Performance. If I check this latter off and then reboot, the Power4Gear High Performance is checked off again. Is there a...
  8. Microsoft plans to add containers to Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft plans to add containers to Windows 10: Microsoft has been public about its plans to add two types of containers to Windows Server 2016. But so far, company officials haven't talked about plans to bring container support to Windows client. However, adding containers to Windows 10 looks to be in the cards, as a...
  9. Change Power Plan Settings in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Power Plan Settings in Windows 10: Are there registry key of Power Plan Settings? 2843
  10. Create Custom Power Plan in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Custom Power Plan in Windows 10: Something just came to mind for users that want or need to overclock for specific programs, but don't need all that horsepower all the time. Create a power plan like Balanced, but instead of 5%min and 100%max, they can set it to 5%min and 85 or 95%max, depending how high...