Windows 10: Tighter security plans for Windows 10

Discus and support Tighter security plans for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft unveils tighter security plans for Windows 10- The Inquirer MICROSOFT HAS UNVEILED a host of security features in its upcoming Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Rickkins, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Rickkins Win User

Tighter security plans for Windows 10

Microsoft unveils tighter security plans for Windows 10- The Inquirer
    Just so long as it is NOT mandatory....

:)

Rickkins, Oct 23, 2014
  2. J&N2016 Win User

How do I have 2 computers activated with 1 windows home product key?

It's called leeway been like this for years but with Windows 10 it is getting tighter.

J&N2016, Oct 23, 2014
  3. My Laptop shows other Wi-Fi but doesn't show my own Wi-Fi.

Maybe your router is setup to not broadcast its SSID. This can be chosen for tighter security, but it means anyone wanting to connect has to manually type in the SSID and password, etc.

Don Cuthbert, Oct 23, 2014
  4. Tighter security plans for Windows 10

John Pombrio, Oct 23, 2014
  5. Heh. I needed to use the two factor authentication to INSTALL Windows 10. Remember the nag screen where it asked you to get a super secret code via one of a few sources like your phone text message, an e-mail account, or other things that your MS account knows about? That is the two-factor authentication at work. I got the code off of my phone and then things continued on. Get used to it and not just on MS stuff as my Google account, Steam account, and battle.net all use it.

John Pombrio, Oct 23, 2014
  6. unifex Win User
    I installed Windows 10 without any such thing, straight to the local account.

unifex, Oct 24, 2014
  7. Another way to get locked out when this new feature is off line or as every Microsoft service goes on the fritz eventually
    When a password on a local computer is not enough :/
    I doubt Microsoft can force people into 2 step sign in's or simply installing something
    So we are to believe cell services are secure via text messaging *Confused

ThrashZone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Tighter security plans for Windows 10

1. Tighter security plans for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Tighter security plans

2. Windows 10 power plan

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 power plan: Hello guys, Last night I started a render queue in Cinema 4D (3d animation tool) and was under the assumption that the queue would be rendered when I woke up this morning. To bad that wasn't the case because I forgot to switch the power plan to NOT put my PC into sleeping...
  3. Windows 10 power plan settings

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 power plan settings: Why the fuck has the latest Windows 10 update decided to now select 'balanced' as the power options every single boot despite what i have it set to??? Even funnier - your own troubleshooter for power, views having a 'high performance' plan selected as an issue! WTF....
  4. power plan on windows 10

power plan on windows 10: HI since the last time I installed windows 10 on my computer the power plans don't work anymore. no idea how to fix since it has been happening since the reinstall. Didn't get any errors reinstalling it but still no joy. Tried the troubleshooter but it said it couldn't find...
  5. Micosoft Security Plan

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Micosoft Security Plan: I received a Microsoft ERROR message that would not accept my password, but provided a contact number to resolve. The contact number led me to a software security firm PSMLLC that claimed to be working for Microsoft. I had to provide a lot of information and pay $199 to...
  6. Windows 10 Power Plans Missing

Windows 10 Power Plans Missing: [IMG] No power options are shown. Is there any fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-power-plans-missing/80ade1a5-1e08-417b-8e68-436f7a062ac9
  7. Windows 10 Subscription Plan

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 Subscription Plan: http://http://www.techrepublic.com/article/...tag=TREd8c0fa8 [img] In a recent article -- "How much would a Windows 10 subscription cost?" -- I took a look at the history of Windows pricing and speculated what a Windows 10 subscription might look like. At that...
  8. Choose Power Plan in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Choose Power Plan in Windows 10: How to: Choose Power Plan in Windows 10 How to Choose a Power Plan Scheme in Windows 10 A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how your computer uses power. Power plans can help you save energy, maximize system performance, or achieve...
  9. Rename Power Plan in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Rename Power Plan in Windows 10: How to: Rename Power Plan in Windows 10 How to Rename a Power Plan in Windows 10 [img] Information A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. A power plan is also known as a power scheme. You can...
  10. Delete Power Plan in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Delete Power Plan in Windows 10: How to: Delete Power Plan in Windows 10 How to Delete a Power Plan in Windows 10 A power plan is a collection of hardware and system settings that manages how computers use and conserve power. A power plan is also known as a power scheme. You can create custom power...