Tighter security plans for Windows 10

Discus and support Tighter security plans for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; Microsoft unveils tighter security plans for Windows 10- The Inquirer MICROSOFT HAS UNVEILED a host of security features in its upcoming Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Rickkins, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Rickkins Win User

Microsoft unveils tighter security plans for Windows 10- The Inquirer
    Just so long as it is NOT mandatory....

:)

Rickkins, Oct 23, 2014
  2. J&N2016 Win User

How do I have 2 computers activated with 1 windows home product key?

It's called leeway been like this for years but with Windows 10 it is getting tighter.

J&N2016, Oct 23, 2014
  3. Don Cuthbert Win User
    My Laptop shows other Wi-Fi but doesn't show my own Wi-Fi.

Maybe your router is setup to not broadcast its SSID. This can be chosen for tighter security, but it means anyone wanting to connect has to manually type in the SSID and password, etc.

Don Cuthbert, Oct 23, 2014
  4. John Pombrio Win User

John Pombrio, Oct 24, 2014
  5. John Pombrio Win User
    Heh. I needed to use the two factor authentication to INSTALL Windows 10. Remember the nag screen where it asked you to get a super secret code via one of a few sources like your phone text message, an e-mail account, or other things that your MS account knows about? That is the two-factor authentication at work. I got the code off of my phone and then things continued on. Get used to it and not just on MS stuff as my Google account, Steam account, and battle.net all use it.

John Pombrio, Oct 24, 2014
  6. unifex Win User
    I installed Windows 10 without any such thing, straight to the local account.

unifex, Oct 24, 2014
  7. ThrashZone Win User
    Another way to get locked out when this new feature is off line or as every Microsoft service goes on the fritz eventually
    When a password on a local computer is not enough :/
    I doubt Microsoft can force people into 2 step sign in's or simply installing something
    So we are to believe cell services are secure via text messaging *Confused

ThrashZone, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Tighter security plans for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Tighter security plans

1. Intel Advances Silicon-Based Security for AI and Blockchain Workloads

in Windows 10 News
    Intel Advances Silicon-Based Security for AI and Blockchain Workloads: The future of a trusted and secure computing environment hinges on our collective ability to deliver solutions that improve the performance across a variety of workloads, while also optimizing security. This week, at Cyber Week in Israel, I am joined by partners, customers,...
  2. Office Outlook Security Certificate Out of Date.

in Windows 10 News
    Office Outlook Security Certificate Out of Date.: I keep getting the attached Security Certificate warning on my computer when I open Office Outlook. I have updated the certificate but it hasn't made any difference. How do I get rid of this Security Certificate problem please? Please note I am not using Office 365. I have...
  3. How to skip Security Questions when setting up Local User Account in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to skip Security Questions when setting up Local User Account in Windows 10: [ATTACH] When creating a local Windows 10 Account, the administrator will be prompted to set up three security questions. This is important and required to make sure there is an option to recover the account when the user forgets the password. [...] This post How to skip...
  4. Alert about firmware update being needed for security processor (TPM)

in Windows 10 News
    Alert about firmware update being needed for security processor (TPM): I have an HP laptop running Windows 10. On the task bar there is an icon that indicates "Action Recommended." I click it, and it takes me to "Windows Defender Security Center." I find an exclamation mark near "Device security." It says "A firmware update is needed for your...
  5. Windows Defender Security Center

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Defender Security Center: When I boot my system (Windows 10 Home Ed.) "Windows Defender Security Center" always pops up windowed (not minimised). is this normal (I can't remember that it was always like this) and can I do something about it so that it starts minimised ? 112234
  6. .NET Framework June 2018 Security and Quality Rollup

in Windows 10 News
    .NET Framework June 2018 Security and Quality Rollup: Today, we are releasing the June 2018 Security and Quality Rollup. Security No new security fixes. See .NET Framework May 2018 Security and Quality Rollup for the latest security updates. Quality and Reliability This release contains the following quality and reliability...
  7. Draft of Microsoft Security Servicing Commitments for Windows

in Windows 10 News
    Draft of Microsoft Security Servicing Commitments for Windows: Microsoft’s commitment to protecting customers from vulnerabilities in our products, services, and devices includes providing security updates that address these vulnerabilities when they are discovered. We understand that researchers have wanted better clarity around the...
Tighter security plans for Windows 10 solved