Windows 10: TIL Windows has been monitoring my sleep and activity on my PC. I hope my parents never...

Discus and support TIL Windows has been monitoring my sleep and activity on my PC. I hope my parents never... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Shelilla [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/cy0zvj/til_windows_has_been_monitoring_my_sleep_and/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Shelilla, Oct 29, 2019.

1. TIL Windows has been monitoring my sleep and activity on my PC. I hope my parents never...

/u/Shelilla, Oct 29, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Parental Controls aren't working

Hi,

The issue could be because of corrupted files. I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps

to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Arul_D, Oct 30, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Parental Controls not working properly

Hi,

Thank you for the response and keeping the status updated.

The issue could be because of corrupted files. I suggest you to delete the corrupted files yourself and see if it helps

to resolve the issue, please follow these steps:

1) Make sure your children are signed out of any monitored accounts.

2) Sign in with an administrator account and find the folder that contains the corrupted files.

There are two ways to do this. The easiest way is to enter the complete file path:

• On the Start screen, type C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Parental Controls and press Enter.

• If you’d rather open each folder individually, follow these steps:
    a. Go to This PC

b. Open C:, open the
    ProgramData folder, open the Microsoft folder, open the
    Windows folder, and open the Parental Controls folder.

3) Delete all contents of the Parental Controls folder.

This will delete any corrupt files. Your settings will be downloaded again from familysafety.microsoft.com the next time you sign in.

Hope it helps. Reply with the result and I'll be happy to help you further. Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Oct 30, 2019
  4. Joe J SD Win User

TIL Windows has been monitoring my sleep and activity on my PC. I hope my parents never...

Continuous Device Connect/Disonnect Sound when HP W2207 Monitor Sleeps

Hope someone can help.

HP Pavilion p7-1287c Desktop PC with HP W2207 monitor, running Windows 10. DVI cable from monitor to PC.

Here's what's happening:

• If signed out of windows the monitor sleeps without issue.
    • If signed on to windows the monitor sleeps and the computer loops the device connect/disconnect sound.
    • If using VGA cable no issues with monitor sleeping but computer won't sleep.
    • Have disconnected all USB devices except wireless mouse/keyboard combo.
    • Have tested with wired USB mouse and keyboard same issue.
    • Have ensured all drivers are updated to the latest versions.
    • Have tried playing with the Advanced Power Option settings for USB and no change in behavior.
    • Have tried requiring a password on wakeup and still no change.
    • Would like to keep the DVI cable vs going back to VGA.
    Please don't suggest turning off the sound for connecting/disconnecting devices.

Thanks.

Joe J

Joe J SD, Oct 30, 2019
Thema:

TIL Windows has been monitoring my sleep and activity on my PC. I hope my parents never...

1. TIL Windows has been monitoring my sleep and activity on my PC. I hope my parents never... - Similar Threads - TIL has been

2. How to re-activate my windows that has already been activated?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to re-activate my windows that has already been activated?: hello i have a question about my windows install i had activated my windows when i purchased this laptop but now its saying i have to re-activate and i have no clue where i put the product key. i am looking for help to re-activate it as the key should be still valid...
  3. How to re-activate my windows that has already been activated?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to re-activate my windows that has already been activated?: hello i have a question about my windows install i had activated my windows when i purchased this laptop but now its saying i have to re-activate and i have no clue where i put the product key. i am looking for help to re-activate it as the key should be still valid...
  4. My PC has been stucked in loop

My PC has been stucked in loop: Please help me how to recover the stucked in the loop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pc-has-been-stucked-in-loop/267bbc5b-c5bd-45a8-a2a6-f9ba6f17735d
  5. my pc has been bugging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc has been bugging: my pc has been bugging for about a week showing the battery icon even though I don't have a battery, also always saying " the update has failed" and the mouse sometimes just stops movingcan someone help?...
  6. my pc has been bugging

my pc has been bugging: my pc has been bugging for about a week showing the battery icon even though I don't have a battery, also always saying " the update has failed" and the mouse sometimes just stops movingcan someone help?...
  7. my pc has been bugging

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. My PC has been crashing daily

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My PC has been crashing daily: Source Windows Summary Hardware error Date ‎1/‎3/‎2021 2:59 AM Status Not reported Description A problem with your hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly. Problem signature Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent Code: 117 Parameter 1: ffffa50ea35b1010 Parameter...
  9. My PC has been a victim of phishing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My PC has been a victim of phishing: My PC has been a victim of elaborate phishing since October last year. Now it is preventing the download of Windows update for the last four days. It states: Error occurred (without any error identity). This now appears to be not a genuine Windows statement. It is always...
  10. Hope I didn't 'Brick' my PC!

in Windows 10 Support
    Hope I didn't 'Brick' my PC!: I think I've DONE it this time!*Redface Don't really want to discuss it but I might need some help! *Sick 3117