Windows 10: [TIL] You can use the search bar on the File Explorer for connecting to a Web Page!

Discus and support [TIL] You can use the search bar on the File Explorer for connecting to a Web Page! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/r3mis [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fxw1xd/til_you_can_use_the_search_bar_on_the_file/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/r3mis, Apr 9, 2020.

1. /u/r3mis Win User

[TIL] You can use the search bar on the File Explorer for connecting to a Web Page!

/u/r3mis, Apr 9, 2020
  2. Arun B J Win User

Opening web pages in Windows 10

Hi Robert,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

Which web browser are you using?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

• Open the Web page.
    • Click on Gear icon at the top right corner.
    • Click on File and select Save as
    • You can save in different format.
    • Open file Explorer select and right click on web page which is saved in File Explorer.
    • Select open with and Select WordPad or notepad.
    • There you will be able to Edit .

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Apr 9, 2020
  3. Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10

Unfortunately, this only affects the web search in the start menu; it doesn't affect the Windows File Explorer Address bar. I know this because I already have the setting disabled.

JohnTravolski, Apr 9, 2020
  4. [TIL] You can use the search bar on the File Explorer for connecting to a Web Page!

Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10

Does anybody know how to disable the web search capability of file explorer? Sometimes when I mistype something into the address bar of File Explorer, it will take whatever I typed in and search the term for bing (assuming whatever I typed isn't a path or a program).

Does anybody know how to disable this feature entirely, preferably through the registry?

JohnTravolski, Apr 9, 2020
Thema:

[TIL] You can use the search bar on the File Explorer for connecting to a Web Page!

1. [TIL] You can use the search bar on the File Explorer for connecting to a Web Page! - Similar Threads - TIL search bar

2. Can you search in Windows 10 File Explorer using partial filenames?

in Cortana
    Can you search in Windows 10 File Explorer using partial filenames?: Filenames including text and numbers requires two-handed search for trained typists. In Windows 7, I could find files using num pad with one hand when files were found using partial filenames.Is this possible in Windows 10?...
  3. Can you search in Windows 10 File Explorer using partial filenames?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can you search in Windows 10 File Explorer using partial filenames?: Filenames including text and numbers requires two-handed search for trained typists. In Windows 7, I could find files using num pad with one hand when files were found using partial filenames.Is this possible in Windows 10?...
  4. Can you search in Windows 10 File Explorer using partial filenames?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search bar in Explorer doesn't use Windows Search

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search bar in Explorer doesn't use Windows Search: I have Windows 10 21H2. When I search files in Explorer the search bar it looks like thisBut on another PC with the same OS version it looks like thisAs I understand starting from 1909 Explorer uses Windows Search and search bar should look like second screenshot, but it...
  6. Search bar in Explorer doesn't use Windows Search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Search bar in Explorer doesn't use Windows Search: I have Windows 10 21H2. When I search files in Explorer the search bar it looks like thisBut on another PC with the same OS version it looks like thisAs I understand starting from 1909 Explorer uses Windows Search and search bar should look like second screenshot, but it...
  7. Windows 10 Search bar not connecting to the web

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search bar not connecting to the web: The windows 10 search bar used to search my computer contents as well as the web. Now it will only search for what is in my computer, not the web. Has anyone else experienced this. Windows version 1903 is installed and operating fine otherwise. Cortona is working okay....
  8. Can't use search bar in File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't use search bar in File Explorer: Hi, I've found an issue with File Explorer in Win version 1909. The search bar freezes and cannot be used. Very annoying indeed. Referenced also here: https://www.slashgear.com/windows-10-version-1909-november-2019-update-breaks-file-explorer-search-25601307/ Anyone...
  9. Can you ZIP files using file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can you ZIP files using file explorer: Can you ZIP files using file explorer? If you can how do you do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-you-zip-files-using-file-explorer/9c023eb6-0718-4b82-a93e-5eccb1bbd7fa"
  10. Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Web Search in File Explorer Address Bar Windows 10: Does anybody know how to disable the web search capability of file explorer? Sometimes when I mistype something into the address bar of File Explorer, it will take whatever I typed in and search the term for bing (assuming whatever I typed isn't a path or a program). Does...