Windows 10: Tilde key don't work on EnglishUS keybord

Discus and support Tilde key don't work on EnglishUS keybord in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My Tilde key is physically fine but its not working when i press it but shift + key works in us keyboard SHIFT + TILDE Holding : ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TILDE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Seefat HossainHimel, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Tilde key don't work on EnglishUS keybord

My Tilde key is physically fine but its not working when i press it but shift + key works in us keyboard

SHIFT + TILDE Holding : ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    TILDE Holding :
    TILDE Single tap :

I have tried the language bar solution but even it is unassigned the key doesn't work.

but if i manually change to Eng UK keyboard :

SHIFT + TILDE Holding : ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬
    TILDE Holding : ````````````````````````````````
    TILDE Single tap : ````````````

I don't use UK keyboard so I need US one but cant seem to find any solution.

:)

Seefat HossainHimel, Oct 17, 2020

2. tilde key and hash

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me help to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. To switch the tilde key to different key, I would suggest you to go to the game settings and check if you can do it. If you are not able to switch the key please contact the game support
    team for further assistance.

If you need further assistance with Windows in future, let us know and will be happy to help.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 17, 2020
  3. SaseK72 Win User
    Tilde key don't work! Only work while longer pressing

I have a big issue with tilde key that doesn't allow to use consoles in games

While singe tapping the Tilde it don't do anything.

SHIFT + TILDE (Holding) : ~~~~~~~~~~

TILDE (Holding) : ```````````

TILDE (Single tap) :

SaseK72, Oct 17, 2020
  4. DonMurray Win User

Tilde key don't work on EnglishUS keybord

tilde key ~~ very difficult to make work on many different keyboards

On 3 different keyboards my tilde key ~" ~ " does not work right. I have to press hard several times to make it work. Anyone know what is going on ? `````````````
    ````````~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ non of the other keys have any problem but the tilde key will not work right. does not make a difference what USB port its plugged into. These are direct corded keyboards.

DonMurray, Oct 17, 2020
Thema:

Tilde key don't work on EnglishUS keybord

1. Tilde key don't work on EnglishUS keybord - Similar Threads - Tilde key don't

2. tilde key doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tilde key doesnt work.: When my pc boots the tilde key only works for a few seconds then it doesnt.SHIFT + TILDE Holding : ~~~~~~~~~~~~~TILDE Holding :TILDE Single tap: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tilde-key-doesnt-work/07826c3a-2f77-465f-b2ad-f5b6aee1d99a
  3. tilde key doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tilde key doesnt work.: When my pc boots the tilde key only works for a few seconds then it doesnt.SHIFT + TILDE Holding : ~~~~~~~~~~~~~TILDE Holding :TILDE Single tap: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tilde-key-doesnt-work/07826c3a-2f77-465f-b2ad-f5b6aee1d99a
  4. Tilde Key Not Working?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tilde Key Not Working?: So recently I tried to use my tilde key to input my name on steam, but it didnt do anything. Even hitting shift doesnt work. I have looked around and everyone says use your keyboard settings but I have, and I am on US Keyboard settings. Any Help would be appreciated....
  5. Five and six keys don't work, along with six key on number pad, underscore/hyphen key and tilde

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Five and six keys don't work, along with six key on number pad, underscore/hyphen key and tilde: Hi there,Since January of 2019 my five and six keys along with a few other keys on the keyboard have not been working. I originally chalked this up to a hardware malfunction which is why I'm asking about it two years later. Recently however I found a post on this forum from...
  6. Windows 10 Tilde Key not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Tilde Key not working.: The tilde key just stopped working and I've went online only to see that all the "solutions" are outdated and some that are new don't even work. I need the tilde key because it enables the developer console in games....
  7. Tilde/BackTick Key

Tilde/BackTick Key: Hey, so recently something happened with my keyboard layout, basically I used to be able to just press down the tilde key/Backtick key and I would automatically get the tilde symbol ~ . now ever since I restarted my Pc literally less than 24hrs from writing this, I...
  8. Keybord keys Backspace, and p not working

Keybord keys Backspace, and p not working: Hello, Recently my keybord keys P and backspace have stoped working. Ive tried many different things to fix this Factory reset, Updateing keybord drivers, Filter keys off But none have worked. My pc is a Asus laptop running on an outdated version of windows ten version...
  9. Tilde key don't work! Only work while longer pressing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tilde key don't work! Only work while longer pressing: I have a big issue with tilde key that doesn't allow to use consoles in games While singe tapping the Tilde it don't do anything. SHIFT + TILDE Holding : ~~~~~~~~~~ TILDE Holding : ``````````` TILDE Single tap :...
  10. Laptop keybord key not working propely

Laptop keybord key not working propely: Hi! my inverted comma key is not working properly from yesterday after I visited service center for installing antivirus. what might be the reason? can someone please help me out.....