Windows 10: Tilde Key Not Working?

Discus and support Tilde Key Not Working? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; So recently I tried to use my tilde key to input my name on steam, but it didnt do anything. Even hitting shift doesnt work. I have looked around and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Gavan B, Sep 17, 2021.

1. Gavan B Win User

Tilde Key Not Working?

So recently I tried to use my tilde key to input my name on steam, but it didnt do anything. Even hitting shift doesnt work. I have looked around and everyone says use your keyboard settings but I have, and I am on US Keyboard settings. Any Help would be appreciated.

:)

Gavan B, Sep 17, 2021

2. tilde key and hash

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let me help to fix the issue.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. To switch the tilde key to different key, I would suggest you to go to the game settings and check if you can do it. If you are not able to switch the key please contact the game support
    team for further assistance.

If you need further assistance with Windows in future, let us know and will be happy to help.

Billion Debbarma, Sep 17, 2021
  3. Tilde key don't work on English(US keybord)

My Tilde key is physically fine but its not working when i press it but shift + key works in US keyboard

SHIFT + TILDE (Holding) : ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TILDE (Holding) :

TILDE (Single tap) :

I have tried the language bar solution but even it is unassigned the key doesn't work.

but if i manually change to Eng UK keyboard :

SHIFT + TILDE (Holding) : ¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬¬

TILDE (Holding) : ````````````````````````````````

TILDE (Single tap) : ````````````

I don't use UK keyboard so I need US one but cant seem to find any solution.

Seefat HossainHimel, Sep 17, 2021
  4. empleat Win User

Tilde Key Not Working?

Tilde key doesn't work (software issue probably)

Ah never mind, language switch button was set to tilde. There are 2 hotkeys for
    - keyboard language
    - input layout

I thought it was one hotkey together lol. Strange is i set this, not long after reinstall. And tilde still worked at that point, have no idea what the heck, but glad it works now!

empleat, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

Tilde Key Not Working?

1. Tilde Key Not Working? - Similar Threads - Tilde Key Working

2. Escape key types ` (tilde)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Escape key types ` (tilde): I recently wiped and reinstalled windows to a larger SSD but now whenever I press the escape key it types a ` (tilde) I haven't been able to find anyone else with this problem online, I've checked my keybinds and it says escape is set to just be escape but it still types a...
  3. tilde key doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    tilde key doesnt work.: When my pc boots the tilde key only works for a few seconds then it doesnt.SHIFT + TILDE Holding : ~~~~~~~~~~~~~TILDE Holding :TILDE Single tap: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tilde-key-doesnt-work/07826c3a-2f77-465f-b2ad-f5b6aee1d99a
  4. tilde key doesnt work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tilde key doesnt work.: When my pc boots the tilde key only works for a few seconds then it doesnt.SHIFT + TILDE Holding : ~~~~~~~~~~~~~TILDE Holding :TILDE Single tap: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tilde-key-doesnt-work/07826c3a-2f77-465f-b2ad-f5b6aee1d99a
  5. Tilde key doesn't work (software issue probably)

in Windows 10 Support
    Tilde key doesn't work (software issue probably): Hello, i have a strange problem!!! I already reinstalled Windows for this, as i couldn't figure it out. Key "tilde" ` doesn't work. I can't write ` it does nothing. Only if i hold the key: it starts writing ````````` But one keypress does nothing! It is probably not a...
  6. Windows 10 Tilde Key not working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Tilde Key not working.: The tilde key just stopped working and I've went online only to see that all the "solutions" are outdated and some that are new don't even work. I need the tilde key because it enables the developer console in games....
  7. Tilde key don't work on EnglishUS keybord

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tilde key don't work on EnglishUS keybord: My Tilde key is physically fine but its not working when i press it but shift + key works in us keyboard SHIFT + TILDE Holding : ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ TILDE Holding : TILDE Single tap : I have tried the language bar solution but even it is unassigned the key doesn't work. but if...
  8. Tilde/BackTick Key

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tilde/BackTick Key: Hey, so recently something happened with my keyboard layout, basically I used to be able to just press down the tilde key/Backtick key and I would automatically get the tilde symbol ~ . now ever since I restarted my Pc literally less than 24hrs from writing this, I...
  9. Tilde key don't work! Only work while longer pressing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tilde key don't work! Only work while longer pressing: I have a big issue with tilde key that doesn't allow to use consoles in games While singe tapping the Tilde it don't do anything. SHIFT + TILDE Holding : ~~~~~~~~~~ TILDE Holding : ``````````` TILDE Single tap :...
  10. tilde key ~~ very difficult to make work on many different keyboards

in Windows 10 Support
    tilde key ~~ very difficult to make work on many different keyboards: On 3 different keyboards my tilde key ~" ~ " does not work right. I have to press hard several times to make it work. Anyone know what is going on ? ````````````` ````````~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ non of the other keys have any problem but the tilde key will not work right. does...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com