Windows 10: Tile color

Discus and support Tile color in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hello! I love the new Windows 10 UI, but some tiles don't have the same colors. Is there a way to fix this or is it a windows / adobe bug?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SPuK01, Oct 29, 2020.

1. /u/SPuK01 Win User

Tile color

/u/SPuK01, Oct 29, 2020
  2. Aakster Win User

Give Office 2016 Start Menu Tiles Colored Backgrounds

After upgrading to Office 2016, I have noticed that the start menu tiles lost their colorful backgrounds and were reverted back to the accent color. Here is how to fix that so the tiles have colored backgrounds.

This guide shows you go to go from this:
    Attachment 113103
    To this:
    Attachment 113105

Step 1
    Navigate to your Start Menu folder
    Typically can be found at: "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs"

Step 2
    Find the shortcut for one of the Office suite apps and rename it to anything you want.

Step 3
    Reopen the Start Menu, the page will refresh and the tile will now be colored (assuming you have pinned it on the front page)

Step 4 (Optional)
    Rename the shortcut back to its original name, the tile will still remain colored.

Enjoy *Wink

Aakster, Oct 29, 2020
  3. How do change the color of the tile?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

- Are you referring to Windows live tiles?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check.

1. Type Color Settings in the search bar and select the same.

2. Under choose a color, turn off Automatically pick a color from my background.

3. Select a color and check.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Oct 29, 2020
  4. Tile color

Changing tile colors

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

I will be glad to help you with the issue you have with the computer. I understand the frustration when things don't work the way it should.

You can changes the color of apps by following the below steps:

1. Type Settings in Start Search.

2. Click on Personalization.

3. Click on Colors and choose a color for your tiles.

Hope this information is helpful.

Thank you.

Ruth Buruga, Oct 29, 2020
Thema:

Tile color

1. Tile color - Similar Threads - Tile color

2. Tiles Not Changing Color

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tiles Not Changing Color: Why some of my tiles calendar, groove music, photos, etc. have different background colors?It's actually my old color scheme, now I changed it but some apps didn't update it. It bugged me for so longPlease help, sorry for my bad english...
  3. Tiles Not Changing Color

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tiles Not Changing Color: Why some of my tiles calendar, groove music, photos, etc. have different background colors?It's actually my old color scheme, now I changed it but some apps didn't update it. It bugged me for so longPlease help, sorry for my bad english...
  4. Tiles Not Changing Color

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. If I follow this guide will I still get updates? bring back start menu colored tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    If I follow this guide will I still get updates? bring back start menu colored tiles: Hi, I want to bring back the start menu with the colored tiles. I found a guide that explains how to do it and restore the old start menu.But the previous time I did this it also caused the operating system version to change to a version prior to 20H2 so I am afraid that...
  6. If I follow this guide will I still get updates? bring back start menu colored tiles

If I follow this guide will I still get updates? bring back start menu colored tiles: Hi, I want to bring back the start menu with the colored tiles. I found a guide that explains how to do it and restore the old start menu.But the previous time I did this it also caused the operating system version to change to a version prior to 20H2 so I am afraid that...
  7. If I follow this guide will I still get updates? bring back start menu colored tiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. A start menu tile is a different color

A start menu tile is a different color: Hello!I've had this problem for a while now, basically a start menu tile picture below is slightly lighter then the others. I'm running version 21H1, so the tiles should be all the same color.Got any idea?...
  9. Changing Tile Colors in Windows 10

Changing Tile Colors in Windows 10: I'm very sad to see that the ability to customize the tile colors without changing the appearance in other areas has been removed from Windows 10. It was one of my favorite features and I don't understand why such a simple customization option has to be removed completely....
  10. Exploring on how to change tile color in 20H2

Exploring on how to change tile color in 20H2: I ended up with identical releases of Windows 10 Pro on the desktop and Home on the laptop. Using Windows Club's "Windows Tile Color Changer for Windows 8.1", on the desktop, I managed to change a tile color, which showed up after a reboot. On additional attempt, I changed...