Windows 10: Tile Data Model Server service not running - Lost right click function on taskbar

Discus and support Tile Data Model Server service not running - Lost right click function on taskbar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have lost the ability to right click on the taskbar icons, to pin / unpin applications etc. I have searched for solutions, and it appears... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Conrad_Smith, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Tile Data Model Server service not running - Lost right click function on taskbar

Hi,

I have lost the ability to right click on the taskbar icons, to pin / unpin applications etc.

I have searched for solutions, and it appears the Tile Data Model Server Service might be the problem. However, all the solutions I have seen seem to presume the service is in the list of 'Services', where it can then be re-started etc. However, on my system, there is no sign of this service in Task Manager, or in the 'Services' list accessed via services.msc.

How do I start this service from scratch, as it appears it is supposed to be automatic start? It isn't on my system, and I believe it might be the reason I have lost function on the taskbar?

I have tried stopping and restarting Windows Explorer, to no effect.

Any help or advice gratefully received!

Thank you.

Conrad.

:)

Conrad_Smith, Mar 28, 2019
  2. Brink Win User

Announcing the Modern Servicing Model for SQL Server

Read more: Announcing the Modern Servicing Model for SQL Server | SQL Server Release Services

Brink, Mar 28, 2019
  3. Corrupt tile data base, start menu + cortana + taskbar functionality lost + edge browser not working

To those of you who have lost start button functionality, cortana functionality, taskbar functionality, have a corrupt tile data base and have tried all the recommended tricks with no luck, there might be another option. It has worked for me and resolved
    most if not all of these issues. I'm not technical in any way so please do not ask me any technically related questions. Also, this was done for me and now I continue to do this procedure every time I re-start-up my pc; if you do not shut down your pc but
    lock it instead, you will not have to redo this procedure. The steps are below:

1. Get to task manager by either ctrl + alt + del and select task manager or directly by ctrl + shift + esc

2. Under the processes tab locate and select (highlight only, no need to get into the drop down option) Service Host: Windows Push Notifications User Service. There will be some letters and numbers after this option but not important.

3. Once selected click on end task at bottom right of window; a new window will pop up, check the box which says abandon unsaved data and shut down; then click on shut down beside it!!

As I said, it practically solved most if not all my issues. Why it works, no idea! I'm just glad it finally worked and got my pc back into a normal mode even if I have to repeat this procedure every time I restart my pc!

AliQureshi1, Mar 28, 2019
  4. Blue.Hand Win User

Tile Data Model Server service not running - Lost right click function on taskbar

Right Click taskbar in windows 10 after upgrade - works randomly, if at all to bring up list of pinned files

I had this problem as well.

Restarting the "Tile Data model server" service fixed it (for me anyway).

1. Click Start (or press Windows Key).

2. Type "services" and open the services desktop app.

3. Scroll down to the "Tile Data model server" service.

4. Right-click on it and select "Restart".

Blue.Hand, Mar 28, 2019
Thema:

Tile Data Model Server service not running - Lost right click function on taskbar

1. Tile Data Model Server service not running - Lost right click function on taskbar - Similar Threads - Tile Data Model

2. right-click on taskbar not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    right-click on taskbar not working: Did a little googling but no joy. If I right-click on date or icons for the running programs nothing happens. When I right-click on an empty bit of taskbar it works fine. Thinking I need to do an in-place install but would rather not not totally sure if it's a good idea....
  3. Can't right click taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't right click taskbar: Hi, today I started having a problem where I couldn't right-click on the task bar. I look up a solution that says to restart 'tiledatamodelsvc'. When I go to check, I notice that my system lacks this service and that even using PS Get-Service -Name 'tiledatamodelsvc' results...
  4. Right click function of an application

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click function of an application: Hello After right clicking on an application on taskbar it displays a list of history or recently used things but again right clicking on a particular thing suppose a video, folder, program etc the drop down menu is not visible means not transparent. Also if i take the...
  5. Corrupt tile data base, start menu + cortana + taskbar functionality lost + edge browser...

in Cortana
    Corrupt tile data base, start menu + cortana + taskbar functionality lost + edge browser...: To those of you who have lost start button functionality, cortana functionality, taskbar functionality, have a corrupt tile data base and have tried all the recommended tricks with no luck, there might be another option. It has worked for me and resolved most if not all of...
  6. Bluetooth + taskbar right click ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Bluetooth + taskbar right click ?: I got two problems: 1# I just connected a bluetooth device, I see it and paired it, but when I click it on it only tells me 'Remove device'. How do I get info (like encryption level, signal strength, etc, etc, etc?) 2# If I right click on an item in my taskbar I get this...
  7. Right Click Taskbar Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right Click Taskbar Menu: Not sure if possible but can you add to this menu? 27413
  8. No 'Preview' function in Right-click Menu...

in Windows 10 Support
    No 'Preview' function in Right-click Menu...: Can't help noticing the absence of this function in the final release. It's something I use a lot to view pics, photos etc (they open by default in Photo-Shop, but I don't want that to happen just to look at a file) and it's a one-click operation to open Windows Photo...
  9. "RUN" and "CONTROL PANEL" Tiles Non-functional

in Windows 10 Support
    "RUN" and "CONTROL PANEL" Tiles Non-functional: I have setup a HP Stream 13 notebook, and upgraded from Win8 to Win10. Everything worked fine until today when the "RUN" and "CONTROL PANEL" start screen Tiles no longer function; tried 'Run as Administrator' from the pop-up menu with no success. Obviously, something has gone...
  10. Announcing the Modern Servicing Model for SQL Server

in Windows 10 News
    Announcing the Modern Servicing Model for SQL Server: Background to SQL Server servicing Historically, we have released Cumulative Updates (CUs) every 2 months after a major version is released, and roughly yearly Service Packs (SPs), containing fixes from all previous CUs, plus any feature completeness or supportability...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Tile Data model server doesmt exist

2. tile data model service