Windows 10: Tile not staying locked on multiple montors

Discus and support Tile not staying locked on multiple montors in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi everyone,Running a 3 monitor setup with an LG nanocel8 48" in the middle and 2 dell 2219's on either side. Windows 10 pro, ryzen 5800x,32gb ram,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by calchef, Jun 3, 2021.

1. calchef Win User

Tile not staying locked on multiple montors

Hi everyone,Running a 3 monitor setup with an LG nanocel8 48" in the middle and 2 dell 2219's on either side. Windows 10 pro, ryzen 5800x,32gb ram, gtx1070, 1tb nvme. All drivers are up to date including windows.So I have a strange issue that recently started. Whenever I have a game open on the big monitor and have say discord open on one of the dell's and browser openon the other, if i minimize the game the other apps jump back to the LG instead of staying locked on the Dell's. then if I restore the game they don't move back to the smaller monitors. So until recently I did not have this probl

:)

calchef, Jun 3, 2021

2. Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Jun 3, 2021
  3. how to stop moving tiles

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to stop moving Windows live tiles.

• Right click on the live tile.
    • Click on more option.
    • select turn off live tile option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Jun 3, 2021
  4. Tile not staying locked on multiple montors

Tile fixing

This what we used before to arrange the tiles to our liking. Now when we restart the computer all tiles are stacked on the left and NOT how we left them. Something has changed. Is there some way to "lock" the tiles in the way we we left them?

Sandgnattoo, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

Tile not staying locked on multiple montors

1. Tile not staying locked on multiple montors - Similar Threads - Tile staying locked

2. start menu tiles are locked.

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu tiles are locked.: Hi All, i recently got a laptop from my organisation & the start tile menu is locked. i would like to add new tiles & remove the existing ones. is there a way to do so. i got new apps to replace the windows defaults such as VLC & Mathematica but when i try to add them to...
  3. taskbar not staying locked.

taskbar not staying locked.: I have the Lock the taskbar and hide the taskbar checked. Many times when I wake my Windows 10 laptop from sleep. the taskbar is double or even sometimes triple the height it should be. I Need to unlock the taskbar, drag it down to the one icon tall size, and Lock the Taskbar...
  4. Start, Tiles, Locked Group

Start, Tiles, Locked Group: Accidentally dragged a tile on top of another tile and released it. A locked group was created with the two tiles in it. How do I get them out of the group and back on the Start menu?...
  5. Start menu/tile screen stays on

Start menu/tile screen stays on: Ever since the latest Edge update I did on 6/20/20 the start/tile screen stays on after you click on one of the tiles. It used to disappear after you clicked on a tile. If you move the cursor outside the start screen and click, than the start screen will disappear. It never...
  6. Tiles and Icons Not Staying Pinned

Tiles and Icons Not Staying Pinned: Totally bizarre problem and wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing? We've got a reasonably small network with approx 30 workstations and 3 Servers. Users can pin icons to their start menu and tiles, no problem. They can also pin icons to the taskbar, no...
  7. num lock will not stay on

num lock will not stay on: num lock will not stay on, in the regstry the value is set at two? thanks re https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/num-lock-will-not-stay-on/2a8683d3-9d36-4b22-94c0-3d71c97bcc0a
  8. Dual Montor Questions

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dual Montor Questions: have my windows 10 pc hooked up to a 1080p display (displayport out) and a 4k hdr tv (hdmi out). 1. in display settings the 1080p display shows as display #2 (even tho it's marked as "make this my main display), would like it to show as display #1, how do i make this happen?...
  9. Dual Montor Questions

in Windows 10 Support
    Dual Montor Questions: have my windows 10 pc hooked up to a 1080p display (displayport out) and a 4k hdr tv (hdmi out). 1. in display settings the 1080p display shows as display #2 (even tho it's marked as "make this my main display), would like it to show as display #1, how do i make this happen?...
  10. onedrive folder montoring

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    onedrive folder montoring: onedive needs to be changed back to having the ability to specify your own folders and places it looks at for uploding https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-folder-montoring/164c4d56-3f1e-4f16-8c47-0fcd875e2643