Windows 10: Tile What does 'Uninstall' really mean? Windows 10

Discus and support Tile What does 'Uninstall' really mean? Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 Pro What does a Tile's 'Uninstall' option really mean? Uninstall the Photoshop Program from the Hard Drive, or Uninstall only the Tile and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by sadicus, Sep 15, 2015.

1. sadicus Win User

Tile What does 'Uninstall' really mean? Windows 10

Windows 10 Pro
    What does a Tile's 'Uninstall' option really mean?

Uninstall the Photoshop Program from the Hard Drive, or Uninstall only the Tile and links to it?

Creating a Tile Version1
    Snowy Dune Launcher + PinMore

Creating a Tile Version2
    All Programs> Photoshop> Pin to Start

:)

sadicus, Sep 15, 2015
  2. koo9 Win User

is mango racking up ur bill too?

think you miss my point. what I am saying is that right now, only small number of apps out of the all apps/tiles in the screen need to display updates of some sort. but for the rest of the apps, they are just one big icon as you put it - useless and taking
    up valuable screen space. now you can argue that I don't have enough apps that display the update. but honestly how much info can the small tile area contain? one still need to open the app to view the detail info. it really serves as a hint that the things
    that you are interested in has update - the weather app you mentioned is one example, but really the only thing in the tile display interest me is the temperarture which does not need so much space to display, does it? let's take it up extreme. let's make
    the entire screen as one big tile, does it make sense? no, then let's make half of the screen as one tile, does it make sense? no. what I am trying to get at is what's the right balance of these tile size. tile and icon are really no difference but the size.
    if the app does not need to display any update, does it still make sense to make them a regular tile size? in my opinion, no. but just because the initial design concept is to use tile to display updates, then everything must be a tile on the screen. that's
    why this kind of design put itself in the "damn if you do and damn if you don't" situation.

3. Live Tiles, Microsoft apps, third party apps, not working in Windows 10

I am really getting annoyed....with this operating system..

Two days ago I uninstalled and reinstalled and app and

the live tile worked. Today, the live tile doesn't run.

This has happened repeatedly. Please fix Windows 10.

DennisHelker, Sep 15, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 15, 2015
  5. If its a program, selecting uninstall from the tile right click menu will open add remove programs, where you can uninstall that program. If its a Modern UI App, it will uninstall that App. Unpin removes the tile from the Start Screen.

alphanumeric, Sep 15, 2015
  6. sadicus Win User
    Thanks for the info. I'm jumping into win10 from Win7 no in between. Learning the difference in naming conventions like: App vs Program. Would Adobe Photoshop CS6 be considered an App now?
    I like the more visual look, Tiles and Live Tiles are fun. I notice are a few functions that are currently 'grey' (not accessible)
    change glaring white text background to grey, only 5 images for background and no shuffle, etc.

sadicus, Sep 16, 2015
  7. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Yeah, programs are considered desktop apps.

Apps from the Store, or modern apps, are called Windows apps now.

Brink, Sep 16, 2015
  8. Tile What does 'Uninstall' really mean? Windows 10

I always seem to struggle with the distinction between Apps and Programs. What to call them? They all look the same on the Start Screen. I like how brink stated it in his last post. Desktop Apps and Store Apps.

alphanumeric, Sep 16, 2015
  9. sadicus Win User
Thema:

1. Tile What does 'Uninstall' really mean? Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Tile does 'Uninstall'

2. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does this mean?: What does this message mean when i try to trim. i, https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-this-mean/bfd3e6bf-21d6-48c0-9bab-0f3ace35df8a
  3. what does this mean?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    what does this mean?: this is one of my crash reports It's italian:OrigineWindowsRiepilogoErrore hardwareData‎06/‎02/‎2023 23:44StatoSegnalazione non inviataDescrizioneSi è verificato un problema dell'hardware che impedisce il corretto funzionamento di Windows.Firma del problemaNome evento...
  4. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What does this mean?: My computer is a, Dell laptop.Running Windows 10.Every time my computer, is totally off.And I, turn it on. I see this.Does, this mean. There's a problem,with my computer?I'm, concerned. Is there a way, to stop it.Or, should I. Just not, worry about it?Thanks for reading . . ....
  5. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/toyfreddym8 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8teez/what_does_this_mean/
  6. What does that mean?

What does that mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/PiperidinDerivat [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j62iz0/what_does_that_mean/
  7. What does this mean?

What does this mean?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/MrMinerNiner [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i6cowh/what_does_this_mean/
  8. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    What does this mean?: I'm having frequent, seemingly random, full system crashes. There's no warning, no "restarting now" notification. One moment the computer is functioning normally, the next it's running through the boot cycle again. I've reset windows, uninstalled all third party apps I can...
  9. What does it meaning .....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    What does it meaning .....: launch, the malware creates a file at “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” containing the directory that the malware will save files in. “c:\windows\temp\TMP0389A.tmp” – Intended to contain directory storing keylogs and screenshots. What does it meaning, describe it English...
  10. What does this mean?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    What does this mean?: What does this mean? [img] And how can I eliminate it? 94430