Windows 10: Tile windows from current desktop and/or screen.

Discus and support Tile windows from current desktop and/or screen. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; A picture is worth a thousand words: In this image, I have selected the action from Task Bar right-button menu to "Show windows stacked". As you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Villasmil, Apr 26, 2021.

1. Villasmil Win User

Tile windows from current desktop and/or screen.

A picture is worth a thousand words: In this image, I have selected the action from Task Bar right-button menu to "Show windows stacked". As you can see, there is empy space allocated for windows that aren't displayed. The reason for this is that such windows are placed in a different virtual desktop, and therefor the area that they occupy is taken there. However the calculation does involve all of them at once: - How many windows? - Split screen display in such many of them. - Resize windows to take such area. While this looks like a unnoticed side effect of implementing virtual desktop

:)

Villasmil, Apr 26, 2021
  2. Neilg Win User

how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Apr 26, 2021
  3. BobZeiss Win User
    How to Create a Desktop Tile on the Windows 10 Start Screen

Changing to the Tablet mode is not the answer. It leads to other problems.

There are 4 ways to get to the Desktop without having a tile for it on the start screen.

• Click the space on the extreme far right on the taskbar. That takes you to the Desktop.
    • Press Win-D and the Desktop will appear, no matter where you are.
    • Press Win-M and the Desktop will appear as well.
    • When on the Start screen, click the Start button again. It will take you to the Desktop or the website that is open.
    If you really miss that Desktop Tile, create one using the TileCreator App. Instructions for how to do this are on Windows Central website here....

http://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-custom-start-tiles-tilecreator

You must know the path to the desktop to set up a Desktop tile. I believe Redit provided this, can't remember, but this is what it is...
    C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /C "C:\Users\[YOUR USER NAME]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Quick Launch\Shows Desktop.lnk".
    Look in your C: drive Users folder to see what name you are using. Then insert it, without the brackets ([...]).

In the config file for TileCreator put this in front of the path, on the same line...
    Desktop: Like this.

Desktop:C:\Windows\System. . . . .

Find an appropriate image to use for the tile on your computer, or screen capture one that you like. Mine is a handgun, Glock or 45. It can be anything you wish.

After you have set up your config file for TileCreator, run TileCreator, put in the title and the key word (Desktop), and select your desktop image, then click Pin. Find the tile on your Start screen list of apps, and pin it to Start. Done.

Now you will have 5 ways to get to the Desktop. Too bad MS did not provide a simple way to create new tiles for the Start Screen, but the FileCreator seems to work just fine.

I missed my Desktop tile, and went searching for the solution. Thanks to those that provided the solution. This is the great part about the Internet. Love it.

BobZeiss, Apr 26, 2021
  4. Tile windows from current desktop and/or screen.

How to Create a Desktop Tile on the Windows 10 Start Screen

Cool one, but what about it changing the desktop background as we change it is Personalization?

JyothishJeevan, Apr 26, 2021
Thema:

Tile windows from current desktop and/or screen.

1. Tile windows from current desktop and/or screen. - Similar Threads - Tile current desktop

2. Weather tile current temp doesn't match full screen version

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Weather tile current temp doesn't match full screen version: Why is the current temperature shown on the weather tile is always different from the current temperature shown immediately after user clicks on the tile itself? For example, it will show 55 degs F on the tile and 58 degs on the view you get after clicking on the tile....
  3. Desktop tiles

Desktop tiles: I uninstalled my mail tile by mistake. I tried to go to ms store bt I keep receiving "Try that again Page could not be loaded"This happened prior to 20H2 update. I was under the impression all would restore after update. But it did not. Suggestions?...
  4. Tiles on desktop

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiles on desktop: Most of the tiles changed to only show the icon and title. They are not framed and colored like before, Can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tiles-on-desktop/f298e17e-c8f4-4eed-98ff-09a56e90712c
  5. Windows Tile Screen as Default Desktop

Windows Tile Screen as Default Desktop: How can I make the tiles screen be the desktop screen when I power up? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-tile-screen-as-default-desktop/02c8910a-b632-43dd-aa28-4fe37007ce48
  6. desktop tiles and apps

desktop tiles and apps: How do you move tiles and apps back to the left corner from the desktop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-tiles-and-apps/f461f552-d8d3-48ba-bd07-0dab9594026c
  7. Desktop / Live tiles

Desktop / Live tiles: Hi, my point is whether there will ever be a possibility to place Live Tiles on the desktop so that they stay there permanently in the same way as normal desktop icons (displaying their interactive content - a bit like windows 7 gadgets did) coz to me it would make much more...
  8. desktop tiles won't launch, no type on tiles on desktop, won't print-

desktop tiles won't launch, no type on tiles on desktop, won't print-: when my laptop launches, it always runs a "disc check" it has never done this before. Also there are no names printed under my desktop tiles, when I try to launch a tile all I get is a blank box with no wording. My canon pixma printer also quit printing, documents will show...
  9. Desktop Tile

Desktop Tile: Hello people, *Smile So, I'll be short here. I have Windows 10 installed but the Desktop Tile on Start Menu/Screen is not there, nor there are any options to pin it. Is there any possible way to pin it. Thank you for reading. 20469
  10. no desktop tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    no desktop tiles: I recently installed 10 on 2 laptops. Desktop tiles were missing in both. Instead of the expected win 10 start button, my start corner shops the familiar 8 icon. I have tried for days to find a solution online, with zero success. Any help will be appreciated 34578