Windows 10: Tiled resource with mipmaps and multiple array slices

Discus and support Tiled resource with mipmaps and multiple array slices in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; When trying to create a tiled resource texture array with mipmaps I get the following error: ID3D11Device::CreateTexture2D: On a device with Tier 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lior__, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Lior__ Win User

Tiled resource with mipmaps and multiple array slices

When trying to create a tiled resource texture array with mipmaps I get the following error:

ID3D11Device::CreateTexture2D: On a device with Tier 2 Tiled Resources support, Tiled Resources cannot be created with both more than one array slice and any mipmap that has a dimension less than a tile in extent. For the Tiled Resource being created, Mip [4] has (width=256, height=256) while the tile dimension for the given format is (width=512, height=256). Hardware support in this area was not able to be standardized in time to be included in D3D.

Any plans in fixing / standardizing this in the near future to support a complete set of mipmap sizes ?

:)

Lior__, Feb 25, 2019

2. Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Feb 25, 2019
  3. how to stop moving tiles

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to stop moving Windows live tiles.

• Right click on the live tile.
    • Click on more option.
    • select turn off live tile option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Feb 25, 2019
  4. Tiled resource with mipmaps and multiple array slices

Live tiles not working on my new laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community. I will certainly help you with this.

I appreciate if you could answer few questions to narrow down the issue and to provide you better assistance.

• Does this issue persist with all the Live tiles icon?
    • Are you able to view the different app’s tiles icon on Start menu?
    I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if issue gets resolved:

• Press the Windows key to open the Start menu.
    • Right click on the Tiles and click “turn live tile on”.
    • Repeat step 2 on the desired tiles.

Please post back with the results and the information asked, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Feb 25, 2019
Thema:

Tiled resource with mipmaps and multiple array slices

1. Tiled resource with mipmaps and multiple array slices - Similar Threads - Tiled resource mipmaps

2. Activate bitlocker recovery key HP Slice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Activate bitlocker recovery key HP Slice: Hi team,I have been trying to activate my bitlocker key but I am struggling to activate it. Somehow, the recovery key does not match with Bitlocker reovery key.Note, This is for HP SLICE....
  3. Activate bitlocker recovery key HP Slice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activate bitlocker recovery key HP Slice: Hi team,I have been trying to activate my bitlocker key but I am struggling to activate it. Somehow, the recovery key does not match with Bitlocker reovery key.Note, This is for HP SLICE....
  4. Tile not staying locked on multiple montors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tile not staying locked on multiple montors: Hi everyone,Running a 3 monitor setup with an LG nanocel8 48" in the middle and 2 dell 2219's on either side. Windows 10 pro, ryzen 5800x,32gb ram, gtx1070, 1tb nvme. All drivers are up to date including windows.So I have a strange issue that recently started. Whenever I have...
  5. Microphone Array not plugged in.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Microphone Array not plugged in.: Hi, The Microphone Array (Realtek High Definition Audio (SST)) shows that it is not plugged in despite connecting my headphone to the headphone jack. I had updated, roll backed and reinstalled the driver yet it still remains not plugged in. Are there any way to solve...
  6. win10 having issues with windows time slicing

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    win10 having issues with windows time slicing: this is an annoying problem I've been getting awhile. this appeared after windows update a good while back. not sure exactly when, but definitely after jan. 2019. I'm on some program doing stuff. next thing I see happen is the window shifting else where to another program I...
  7. Multiple Tiled Images Desktop Background

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multiple Tiled Images Desktop Background: Hello all, Ive hit a bit of a puzzle and was wondering if anyone can help. I Have a dual monitor setup, one landscape 27inch monitor and one portrait 24 inch monitor. I have custom backgrounds on my desktop but the portrait monitor has black bits top and bottom. I know that...
  8. Gears of War 4, Windows 10, "Tiled Resources" trouble

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Gears of War 4, Windows 10, "Tiled Resources" trouble: The game has stability problems. When the "Tiled Resources" option is turned on in the advanced graphics settings, the game constantly freezes during video inserts between missions. It only helps to disable "Tiled Resources", but then the game lags. A year ago, when I first...
  9. Multiple important executables are suspended under Resource Monitor!!!

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple important executables are suspended under Resource Monitor!!!: Ive been wondering why whst is osrt of the cire of the IS such as SearchUI.exe, aka Cortana, ShellExperienceHost exe, aka tasbar, task tray and other features like the app store and such work like they're drunk because the are suspended and ehen i right click hit resune, it...
  10. array microphone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    array microphone: hello all, I can use some help here. here the situation, I have a dell laptop 1525 origal vista OS so I upgrade it to windows 8.1, & everything worked fine, now I upgraded it to windows 10 & now the array mic doesn't work. I hve downloaded & installed the correct driver for...