Windows 10: Tiles/apps not displaying correctly when clicking start button

Discus and support Tiles/apps not displaying correctly when clicking start button in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I don't know what happened, but when I click on the start button my tiles or apps or whatever you call them now don't display like they are set to.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cowgirl Connie, Sep 13, 2018.

1. Tiles/apps not displaying correctly when clicking start button

I don't know what happened, but when I click on the start button my tiles or apps or whatever you call them now don't display like they are set to. Now I am given a "Life at a Glance", "Pinned Apps", or "All Apps" options. It is set to (and used to until last night) show my most frequently used programs in a list on the left side & then alphabetically have all of the programs/apps on the right. When I go in to check my setting it shows it is still supposed to be like it was before, but it isn't. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Cowgirl Connie, Sep 13, 2018

2. Start Button displaying but not working

The start button was working until there was a forced reboot (power failure). Then left click (normal click) over the start button does absolutely nothing. Right click brings up a menu but "programs" and also "settings" are missing and not included on this list. Search or Task View buttons do not work either with "normal" click. Does anyone have any suggestion or fixes?
    Thank you in advance *Huh
    Sue

suejbakula, Sep 13, 2018
  3. No tiles when I click start

When I click on the start button in the lower left corner all I get is a list of apps that all say new by them. In the past it would bring up all of the tiles. I can no longer get them to appear and I can't get the list of apps to appear, either. Also,
    some of the icons that were on my taskbar are no longer there.

LesHerbison, Sep 13, 2018
  4. Tiles/apps not displaying correctly when clicking start button

Icons from apps aren´t displayed correctly

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query at Microsoft community.

Do the apps work fine apart form the icons not displaying correctly? If so I would suggest you to run an SFC scan and check if it helps. If the issue persists you may run DISM command and check.

Follow this steps:

• Press Windows+X.

• Click on Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the command SFC /SCANNOW and
        DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth and hit
        Enter.
    Hope the information provided was helpful and do let us know if you need any assistance in the future. We will be glad to help.

Rohit Chettri, Sep 13, 2018
Thema:

Tiles/apps not displaying correctly when clicking start button

1. Tiles/apps not displaying correctly when clicking start button - Similar Threads - Tiles apps displaying

2. Start button not working when clicked on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start button not working when clicked on: Start button not working when clicked on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-not-working-when-clicked-on/e525af79-3cc0-4874-bfa4-b893e0b2e911
  3. Start button not working when clicked on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start button not working when clicked on: Start button not working when clicked on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-button-not-working-when-clicked-on/e525af79-3cc0-4874-bfa4-b893e0b2e911
  4. Start button not working when clicked on

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Display artifacts and random app buttons not displaying correctly.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display artifacts and random app buttons not displaying correctly.: Myself and two other colleagues all use identical Intel NUC mini PCs. The original OS was Win10 but they have all upgraded to Win11. About a month ago a Win11 update was applied and now all three systems are exhibiting strange display issues; random checkerboard or dash...
  6. Display artifacts and random app buttons not displaying correctly.

Display artifacts and random app buttons not displaying correctly.: Myself and two other colleagues all use identical Intel NUC mini PCs. The original OS was Win10 but they have all upgraded to Win11. About a month ago a Win11 update was applied and now all three systems are exhibiting strange display issues; random checkerboard or dash...
  7. Critical Error when click start button

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Critical Error when click start button: I dunno if this problem was already posted here but I'm having a hard time finding the solution. When I click the start button it says critical error and it forces me to sign out. Hope someone can help me out :> submitted by /u/Misthiossss [link] [comments]...
  8. Shortcuts dissapear when click start button

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcuts dissapear when click start button: since I have updated to 1809 when I go to close down my laptop and I click the start button all my shortcuts now called apps shut down I have not had this before on any machine any one know if it is some setting in settings also on my wife's pc when it starts up it all ways...
  9. the weather app is not displaying the weather, etc when you click start

the weather app is not displaying the weather, etc when you click start: For some reason the weather app is not displaying the weather, etc when you click start. How can this be fixed? this is in the latest build 10162 7857
  10. Start menu wont close when clicking certain apps/tiles - please help

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu wont close when clicking certain apps/tiles - please help: Hi all, As per the thread title I have an issue where when I click on certain apps/tiles from my start menu which in this case is Steam and uPlay the application loads but the start menu stays open *Mad I have to click off it to close it & its starting to get a bit...