Windows 10: Tiles are appearing over another

Discus and support Tiles are appearing over another in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Whenever I try to move a tile on start or into a folder, pin a tile or resize a tile the tiles appear over other. Also, sometimes a tile becomes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Dhruv Nath, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Tiles are appearing over another

Whenever I try to move a tile on start or into a folder, pin a tile or resize a tile the tiles appear over other. Also, sometimes a tile becomes duplicate and start panel totally freezes, I also don't get to move it anywhere, directly then I've to unpin it and then do that whole thing again. Please help, this is annoying while organizing my start screen.

Tiles are appearing over another [​IMG]

Tiles are appearing over another ce01738a-8847-4704-8ef4-5b68b2c2872d?upload=true.png

Tiles are appearing over another 20023a7c-7eeb-4e38-a407-8cb6e0445376?upload=true.png

Tiles are appearing over another 30cf20f9-dc0c-4b0a-a6c1-81f73da98fb9?upload=true.png

Tiles are appearing over another 273234e1-f7d5-4c17-b1e6-5496f79c38c8?upload=true.png

:)

Dhruv Nath, Apr 1, 2021

2. Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Apr 1, 2021
  3. how to stop moving tiles

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to stop moving Windows live tiles.

• Right click on the live tile.
    • Click on more option.
    • select turn off live tile option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Tiles are appearing over another

Controlling which photos appear on the photo tile

Hi,

To resolve the issue, we would suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Press “Windows key”, right click on Photo app
    • Click “Turn Live tile off
    • Now open the “Photo app”, click on “settings” in the left pane
    • Add photos folder in the sources that you want to view on the tile
    • In the “photo tile” option, click on “recent photos
    • Close the current window, again press “Windows key”
    • You should be able to see the selected images now

Hope this helps. Do get back to us should you need further assistance.

Regards.

Armand Cos, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Tiles are appearing over another

1. Tiles are appearing over another - Similar Threads - Tiles are appearing

2. Start Menu Tile section New Icons not appearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu Tile section New Icons not appearing: HI All,I need few new web shortcuts in start menu but its not appearing. we copied relevant files under "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\start shortcuts"We have an xml file which will help us to organize the shortcuts like, column and row and category Web...
  3. Start Menu Tile section New Icons not appearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu Tile section New Icons not appearing: HI All,I need few new web shortcuts in start menu but its not appearing. we copied relevant files under "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\start shortcuts"We have an xml file which will help us to organize the shortcuts like, column and row and category Web...
  4. Start Menu Tile section New Icons not appearing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Appear icon on taskbar over the clock

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Appear icon on taskbar over the clock: Hi everyone,On my taskbar appear icon that is unclickable, trough it can click on clock, i try to close open processes in Task manager by "End task", nothing helped, i noticed this yesterday, but i didnt install apst that can place icon on screen, maybe someone know what is...
  6. Appear icon on taskbar over the clock

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Appear icon on taskbar over the clock: Hi everyone,On my taskbar appear icon that is unclickable, trough it can click on clock, i try to close open processes in Task manager by "End task", nothing helped, i noticed this yesterday, but i didnt install apst that can place icon on screen, maybe someone know what is...
  7. Colors don't appear on tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Colors don't appear on tiles: In the settings, it previews the tiles in the start menu as red, but when I apply it and open start, nothing about the start menu changes. All tiles are grey instead of red. Could someone help me, please? submitted by /u/daysofthunder1843 [link] [comments]...
  8. Desktop icons gone only tiles appear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Desktop icons gone only tiles appear: For the last couple of weeks my computer starts with the tiles only and I no longer have my program icons on desktop. When I shutdown computer and turn on again the next day, the desktop icons flash and instantly disappear and go to tiles. Is there any way to fix this or...
  9. Office apps appear in another language

in Windows 10 Customization
    Office apps appear in another language: I have the micrsoft surface pro 6 and my default language is english but i also added a german keyboard. But half of my microsoft apps appear in german while the others still appear in english. I would love to have all of them in English. But i cant seem to figure out how to...
  10. Another user appeared on login screen

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Another user appeared on login screen: Well, I have this problem... I had configured from netplwiz to not have to put password to start the session since I am the only one who uses the pc and I think it can not be deactivated if one has the microsoft account linked to the user of Windows. Then one day a new...