Windows 10: Tiles Names Missing

Discus and support Tiles Names Missing in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Some of the names on my start page tiles are missing. Can I correct this? Also, one tile seems to have a sub-tile. How to make sub-tile the primary... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Riverdancer1943, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Tiles Names Missing

Some of the names on my start page tiles are missing. Can I correct this? Also, one tile seems to have a sub-tile. How to make sub-tile the primary tile?

:)

Riverdancer1943, Sep 20, 2018

2. Missing Tile Names

Tiles Names Missing 3fdb5d0f-d019-46f1-98bc-607f5f331e47.jpg

This is what happens after I uninstall Windows Live Essentials, because, I have no idea why it went missing and restart my desktop. The App names on the tiles went missing, or rather, doesn't show their friendly name. Even with the live tiles active, it
    doesn't refresh the app name.

I follow up with this solution :
    metro tile names gone
    but, to no avail. I did until the last previous system restore point that I could do. I did ran full system sweep for virus, malware, etc, nothing showed up.

I hope this question/help can be answered soon, before I downgrade to Windows 7 and upgrade it to Windows 8. Windows 10 has been a horrible experience for me.

Still unsolved issue :
    Windows 10 Missing Search Item

Alfa Lutfi, Sep 20, 2018
  3. Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Sep 20, 2018
  4. Agrippa Win User

Tiles Names Missing

How to group tiles

I can move items from the Start list to produce tiles and I can enter names in the name bars but I am finding it impossible to group tiles. One of the tutorials seems to suggest that all you need to do is move one tile on top of another to group them, but all that happens for me is that I end up with one tile chasing a second tile around the screen! So, what exactly am I doing wrong?

Agrippa, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

Tiles Names Missing

1. Tiles Names Missing - Similar Threads - Tiles Names Missing

2. All Tiles / Apps Missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    All Tiles / Apps Missing: I have a cheap little RCA notebook and i accidentaly turned off the GUI. so i have no start tiles, no message board, no way to access BT or anything. i googled it but the method to turn it on doesn't work because not all options are present. Windows 10 update isnt even...
  3. MISSING TILE FROM BT

MISSING TILE FROM BT: The ISP Tile from BT is no longer on my Windows 10 screen on opening. It has also been removed from the Task bar when BT Yahoo was stopped. How can I replace it please?...
  4. weather tile missing

weather tile missing: my weather app works and is on start up menu on the left and in the system tray. I brushed my fingers across the tiles somehow the other day and it caused the weather tile to disappear. How did i get the TILE back in the tiles display? I'd rather not do much to fix this if...
  5. Live tile title missing?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Live tile title missing?: I packaged my .NET 3.1 Core WPF application using the MSIX tool and published it to the Microsoft Store. All is as expected except that, upon manually pinning the application to the Start menu I noticed that the app tile has no title below the icon, but does show the app name...
  6. tile names/pin to start

tile names/pin to start: In Windows8 I was able to rename the tiles I pinned to start. i.e.: I pinned all of my payment sites that I use to start, they appeared with random url titles so I changed them to reflect the name of the company & the due date. I can not seem to be able to do this in...
  7. Missing tiles in the start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing tiles in the start menu: I remember that after I had upgraded to Windows 10, my local account wasn't available and the system logged me in with a temporary profile. Then when I logged in with my account, some of the tiles from the start menu had disappeared. I've tried opening powershell and...
  8. Missing pictures in tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing pictures in tiles: How can I fix the missing tile for Google chrome. Using Win 10 home latest build [img] 99021
  9. Missing Tiles Option

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing Tiles Option: I have a folder named My CD's, which has over 2600 sub folders. I want to set the View globally for all the subfolders to Tiles, but there is no option to do so in the View tab. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this problem. 106979
  10. Missing App Tile ICONs

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing App Tile ICONs: Greetings! I'm experiencing an odd issue with my Surface Book with Performance Base where occasionally some of the Start Menu Tiles are missing their ICONs after returning from sleep. The Tile itself is still there and when triggered will successfully launch the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. names of desktop tiles missing