Windows 10: Tiles on start up page

Discus and support Tiles on start up page in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How can I set my tiles alphabetically on Windows 10? I used to be able to do this before I got Windows 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by carolfore, Jul 11, 2019.

1. carolfore Win User

Tiles on start up page

How can I set my tiles alphabetically on Windows 10?

I used to be able to do this before I got Windows 10.

:)

carolfore, Jul 11, 2019
  2. BCGronk Win User

Start Page tiles do not operate

Original Title: Update Fouls Start Page

After most recent WIN 10 update to my HP laptop, the Start Page tiles do not operate. When you select a tile a white page comes up and after a period of time an error shows unable to connect. The internet is connected and operates OK when using my browser,
    but the tiles do not work and even if I go to the listed app, it will not work.

BCGronk, Jul 11, 2019
  3. Lex Del Win User
    start page is overwhelmed with useless tiles but my phone tile is gone help

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, please answer the following questions:

• When did the issue begin?
    • Which phone model and OS build are you using? To check for OS build, go to
      Settings
      > System > About > More info.
    • Have you made any changes in settings prior to the issue?

For your reference, you may follow the steps below on how to pin\unpin the tile:

• To unpin a tile from the Start screen, tap and hold it for a short while, until the two buttons (Unpin and Resize) are displayed on its corners.
    • To pin\add a tile, tap and hold an application from the app list and select "pin to start".

Regards.

Lex Del, Jul 11, 2019
  4. Neilg Win User

Tiles on start up page

how do i reset the start menu in windows 10 to not show tiles?

A few days ago, my friends Win10 computer stopped showing his desktop and now only shows the tiles (he wants to see the default list of programs, not any tiles).

Clicking on the Windows key or "start menu" doesn't change anything. I stepped him through some online suggestions (including Settings/Start/Use-start-full-screen and making sure Settings/Table-mode was not engaged) but they don't work.

I've also compared his settings (Start/Use-start-full... and Table-mode) to my Win10 machine and they are the same.

Assistance/suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

Neilg, Jul 11, 2019
Thema:

Tiles on start up page

1. Tiles on start up page - Similar Threads - Tiles start page

2. Chromium Edge Start Page Tiles??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chromium Edge Start Page Tiles??: Trying the new Chromium Edge and was wondering how to add more favorites to the Start Page. Right now it has 7 Favorites Tiles and when I click the plus sign and add another favorite it takes one away to make room for the new one. Can anyone tell me how to add more than just...
  3. Start-up page

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start-up page: On computer start up, I used to see the screen-saver with my desktop icons- i.e, documents. How do I get those icons on the start-up screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-up-page/9cde8da6-8b9b-40f3-9e95-3f0af9d4aa37
  4. adding tiles to the windows start page

adding tiles to the windows start page: would like to add high usage sites to the start page - have been clicking on the pin this page to start but when returning to the windows screen nothing is there. I have restarted but still nothing. Any help would be appreciated....
  5. Start Up Page

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start Up Page: Whenever I wake up my PC which is running Windows 10 I get a lovely photo. I then sign in and that brings up the MS page. I do not want to see the MS page, just my desktop picture, etc. This has just started recently and I would like to eliminate that page right after I...
  6. Tiles on the start page

Tiles on the start page: I have modified the tiles in groups of app types, like Office, Creative, games & utilities, but when I shut down or restart, the tiles are back to the default settings....
  7. Start up page

Start up page: my start up page keep changing from the setting that I have,, such as the Theme , my task bar setting, my default app on the internet. When I logout and back in everything on the start up page has change again....
  8. Start Page Tile Icon Question?.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Page Tile Icon Question?.: Hi, I was adding a new shortcut and rearranging things on my start page tiles and somehow got the new tile icon for handbrake into the existing one for Control Panel. This resulted in two smaller icons in the same tile. I fiddled about and got Handbrake into its own tile but...
  9. Tiles on start page resize and rearrange on reboot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Tiles on start page resize and rearrange on reboot: I searched for this but nothing turned up. The tiles I've put on the start page for various apps (all resized to small) and arranged in groups are rearranging themselves randomly and resizing to medium each time I reboot. I can't find any reason for this. Also, is it possible...
  10. Documents tile on Start page?

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents tile on Start page?: Is there a way to make a Documents tile and place it on the start page? The tile would take me directly to the documents folder. 58342