Windows 10: Tiles. Please bring them back, at least as an option for those of us who love them....

Discus and support Tiles. Please bring them back, at least as an option for those of us who love them.... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I grew very accustomed to using Tiles from the Start menu to organize my apps and access them Widgets are not a substitute, or an improvement. They... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EarlMcCluskie, Nov 29, 2021.

1. Tiles. Please bring them back, at least as an option for those of us who love them....

I grew very accustomed to using Tiles from the Start menu to organize my apps and access them Widgets are not a substitute, or an improvement. They cant' be organized the same way, and there's far too much stuff. Blah!I haven't got time for that, therefore I ignore it, and will likely turn it off.I want Tiles back as an option, just like they were for Windows 10.I wish Windows would stop trying to force me to do something the way they want me to, especially with something as visible as Tiles.

:)

EarlMcCluskie, Nov 29, 2021

2. how to stop moving tiles

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to stop moving Windows live tiles.

• Right click on the live tile.
    • Click on more option.
    • select turn off live tile option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, Nov 29, 2021
  3. Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, Nov 29, 2021
  4. Tiles. Please bring them back, at least as an option for those of us who love them....

Live tiles not working Windows 10

I tried your suggestions, but when I got to the 'Apps & Features' list, none of my tiles were listed.

Thank-you for trying to help.

DorothyFabi, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

Tiles. Please bring them back, at least as an option for those of us who love them....

1. Tiles. Please bring them back, at least as an option for those of us who love them.... - Similar Threads - Tiles Please bring

2. Please for the love of god bring back Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please for the love of god bring back Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends: It's one of the best older rts ever made and it's impossible to buy. Either you buy a used copy or somehow figure out how to illegally download it online.You don't even need to remaster it. Just port it to steam and gog so people can actually play the game....
  3. Please for the love of god bring back Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please for the love of god bring back Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends: It's one of the best older rts ever made and it's impossible to buy. Either you buy a used copy or somehow figure out how to illegally download it online.You don't even need to remaster it. Just port it to steam and gog so people can actually play the game....
  4. Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option: I just recently got a Windows 11 laptop, and I'm really irritated that the option for slideshows was removed. To specify, I'm talking about the one where you can open up a picture folder, and up on the toolbar I think that's the right term there was an option to start a...
  5. Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please Bring Back This Slideshow Option: I just recently got a Windows 11 laptop, and I'm really irritated that the option for slideshows was removed. To specify, I'm talking about the one where you can open up a picture folder, and up on the toolbar I think that's the right term there was an option to start a...
  6. Tiles. Please bring them back, at least as an option for those of us who love them....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tiles. Please bring them back, at least as an option for those of us who love them....: I grew very accustomed to using Tiles from the Start menu to organize my apps and access them Widgets are not a substitute, or an improvement. They cant' be organized the same way, and there's far too much stuff. Blah!I haven't got time for that, therefore I ignore it, and...
  7. Live Tiles can be re-enabled in Windows 11 if you really love them

in Windows 10 News
    Live Tiles can be re-enabled in Windows 11 if you really love them: Like Windows 8, Windows 10 has been filled with Live Tiles since its launch in 2015. By default, dozens of tiles or squares in the Start Menu are updated with the latest information, news or weather. Start Menu live tiles first appeared in the Windows Phone 7 OS and were...
  8. Tiles and where to copy them..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tiles and where to copy them..: First of all i have several Tiles on my desktop ,and where do I copy them so they show up in the start menu in Windows 10. Also how do I nest tiles and put shortcuts in the last ones? I can't find any info on this! John...
  9. Tiles and deleting them all at once

in Windows 10 Customization
    Tiles and deleting them all at once: Is there a way to remove all the tile in the start menu at once, Thank you , JOhn 146615
  10. University Mirrors - who funds them

in Windows 10 Support
    University Mirrors - who funds them: Hi there Loads of free software (e.g VLC) are stored on Mirrors hosted by many universities around the world -- just curious to know what they actually get out of providing this (useful) service and how is it paid for. Cheers jimbo 4685