Windows 10: tiles, where are my tiles?

Discus and support tiles, where are my tiles? in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; A while back, my perfectly running windows 10 was updated with Edge, not my doing!! Since then, I lost tiles! Windows 10 was so easy, turn on cpu, sign... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MadWindow10user, May 16, 2022.

1. tiles, where are my tiles?

A while back, my perfectly running windows 10 was updated with Edge, not my doing!! Since then, I lost tiles! Windows 10 was so easy, turn on cpu, sign in and go to the startup page, full of tiles. Click one and go to my bank or watch a favorite music video or go to favorite websites, so easily. I now have less than 20% of my original tiles. I didn't delete them, Edge did for some reason. I called support to help me restore my tiles and delete Edge. Got nothing but a sales pitch of how great Edge was and that I did something wrong! How, all I did was turn on the computer and there was Edge. HE

:)

MadWindow10user, May 16, 2022

2. Maxwell and Pascal "secretly" use tile based rasterization

I suspect this is still not full tile based rendering the way ARM Mali does, keeping lists of geometry primitives per tile in each hierarchy level. This seems only tiling of a rasterization step.
    In pipeline after geometry is done, gpu seems to run full pixel shader with full gpu on each first level tile serially from left to right, top to bottom. Second level could be as well done in immediate rasterization mode but coverage pattern using tiny tiles helps with cache hits - remember, maxwell and pascal have multiple levels of cache in their gpu. Tiles must be appropriately sized by driver to ensure best usage of gpu cache.

BiggieShady, May 16, 2022
  3. how to stop moving tiles

Hi Larry,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps in order to stop moving Windows live tiles.

• Right click on the live tile.
    • Click on more option.
    • select turn off live tile option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Thanks.

Divya Murugan, May 16, 2022
  4. Agrippa Win User

tiles, where are my tiles?

How to group tiles

I can move items from the Start list to produce tiles and I can enter names in the name bars but I am finding it impossible to group tiles. One of the tutorials seems to suggest that all you need to do is move one tile on top of another to group them, but all that happens for me is that I end up with one tile chasing a second tile around the screen! So, what exactly am I doing wrong?

Agrippa, May 16, 2022
Thema:

tiles, where are my tiles?

1. tiles, where are my tiles? - Similar Threads - tiles where are

2. tiles, where are my tiles?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    tiles, where are my tiles?: A while back, my perfectly running windows 10 was updated with Edge, not my doing!! Since then, I lost tiles! Windows 10 was so easy, turn on cpu, sign in and go to the startup page, full of tiles. Click one and go to my bank or watch a favorite music video or go to favorite...
  3. tiles, where are my tiles?

in Windows 10 Customization
    tiles, where are my tiles?: A while back, my perfectly running windows 10 was updated with Edge, not my doing!! Since then, I lost tiles! Windows 10 was so easy, turn on cpu, sign in and go to the startup page, full of tiles. Click one and go to my bank or watch a favorite music video or go to favorite...
  4. Tiles

Tiles: Hi wonder if you can help please, I accidently unpinned the tile that said PLAY, it had 5 games in it, I have the games back on screen but as seperate tiles, where can i find the PLAY tile, Ive clicked the three lines in top left of screen Win 10 64 bit and looked but see no...
  5. tiles

tiles: opened my new windows 10 laptop and the view went from the tile view to the old classic start button view. i want the tiles back but cannot find any explanation about how to do this. can someone help?...
  6. My date tile

My date tile: I did a long-winded update yesterday and since then my date tile on the start menu has jammed on yesterday's date and I can't work out how to change it. I ended up unpinning it from the start and re-pinning the calendar because I though that would work but all it did was...
  7. Tiles and where to copy them..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Tiles and where to copy them..: First of all i have several Tiles on my desktop ,and where do I copy them so they show up in the start menu in Windows 10. Also how do I nest tiles and put shortcuts in the last ones? I can't find any info on this! John...
  8. Is it possible to resize a Tile in Tile View?

Is it possible to resize a Tile in Tile View?: Hi. I have a window that has several icons in Tile View but I would like to shrink the tile size a bit. The actual Tile itself, not change to small or medium icons, as it would inhibit seeing the folder contents. Is this possible within W10 itself? TIA *chuckle 125462
  9. Live Tiles customize how, what, where

Live Tiles customize how, what, where: Live Tiles How many images are selected and what determines the selection? Can I select which folders, Photos live tile chooses from? I moved all of the images out of the default Pictures folder to the desktop and Photo Live Tile is still cycling the same images. *Sad...
  10. tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    tiles: Why am I losing my tiles---one day they are there the next some are gone. 19694