Windows 10: Time allotments for child request more screen time

Discus and support Time allotments for child request more screen time in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is there a way to customize the time allotments when a child is requesting more screen time? I don't understand the logic behind the offering: 15... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by PastaPeeps, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Time allotments for child request more screen time

Is there a way to customize the time allotments when a child is requesting more screen time? I don't understand the logic behind the offering:

15 minutes ( what is the purpose of 15 minutes?)

30 minutes

1 hour

2 hours Can't we get more than 2 but less than 8 ? This is silly

8 hours

I don’t want to give more time today

I would imagine most parents grant anything between 1 and 4 hours of time. Why not a custom time option that parents can select?

:)

PastaPeeps, Apr 20, 2019
  2. murmancy Win User

Child request to extend screen time not received. Child locked out of computer.

I recently included my other child in our Microsoft Family and now my other child, which was first in the family, can't log in. The computer screen says "time is up". When asks for more screen time the notice says that a request was sent but I don't receive
    a request even after numerous attempts.

I've also:

1. Removed child from the family. Then removed the other as well. Add child as a user outside of the family. Windows does not seem to recognize that the child has been removed as it still says "times up" and asks that a request be sent.

2. Re-add child (only the one child) but still I'm not able to receive a screen time extension.

3. Disabled screen time limits. Still not working as it should. Still receive notice to request an extension.

Any ideas? It seems that the accounts changes don't sync with the computer. Not entirely sure that adding the other child caused the issue but it started to not work once or just a little after this happened.

Thank you

murmancy, Apr 20, 2019
  3. murmancy Win User
    Child request to extend screen time not received. Child locked out of computer.

This main issue of my child being locked out of the computer was solved.

However, it appears that screen time and parental controls won't apply to him but they do apply to my other child.

It did work before. It appears that this started to malfunction about the time I added my second child to our Family.

Second child's parental controls to limit screen time are positive function and I'm able to receive screen time extension requests and execute them.

First child parental controls don't work and he does not need to request screen time extensions despite that I have screen time limits clearly activated in his profile along with blocked websites.

It would be great if this issue could be solved. It helps me keep my kids and myself cognisant of the amount of screen time they receive.

murmancy, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Time allotments for child request more screen time

Child unable to submit request for additional time

I have two child accounts setup under my family. Both were working fine until recently. I have both accounts setup so that they must send a request to me for time before they are allowed to log in. This way I know their homework and chores are completed.

One child account is able to submit the request for time. The 2nd child account gets an error every time stating "Something went wrong. We were unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet?" He is connected to the internet.

We have tried the following:

• Rebooting several times
    • Logging into his Microsoft account to ensure its verified and that he is assigned to the correct device
    • Opening up the time limits so that he can log in for an hour daily

He still gets the message when he attempts to send a request. I don't understand why his account is getting this, but the other child account is working perfectly fine.

Please advise how I can correct this issue.

stabgotham, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Time allotments for child request more screen time

1. Time allotments for child request more screen time - Similar Threads - allotments child request

2. Child account has to log off and on after requesting time

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Child account has to log off and on after requesting time: My son has a child account under mine that he uses across multiple windows devices in our house. Like most child accounts a he has to request time from me before using any of those devices. The request, time allowance, notification and authorization process all work as...
  3. Disabling 'Can child have more screen time?' messages

Disabling 'Can child have more screen time?' messages: I have time restrictions set up for my kids, and of course they keep playing until Windows kicks them out. What happens though is that I get a notification (and email) that they would like to have more time. They didn't do anything to request it-- it's automatic and from...
  4. Granting more screen time for child account does not grant more time.

Granting more screen time for child account does not grant more time.: When my child requested to get more screen time, I granted 2 more hours via the email link, signed into my MS account, and verified that the request was approved to extend her time by 2 hours. However the computer still showed the expired lockout screen. Currently the only...
  5. Issues with screen time limit on child account.

Issues with screen time limit on child account.: Hi, We urgently need help to solve the following problem. We as a parent cannot unblock the screen time limit on our sons laptop. As soon as we unlock the laptop with our MS password the following message appears: Time is up! This device is blocked because of your...
  6. Request timed out

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Request timed out: Hi, please help when i'm using any wifi, it's not stable at all and when i ping with CMD ( ping riot.de -t ) i get requested timed out each 4 secs continiously (riot.de is a League of legends game server, it works perfectly almost at anytime) same issue with google.com or...
  7. Is there a way to set more precise screen time for child account?

Is there a way to set more precise screen time for child account?: Is there a way to set more precise screen time for child account: like from 7:10AM to 20:45PM? May be some command line tools instead of web page, which allows to set time in 30 minutes increment only....
  8. Child needs to see remaining screen time

Child needs to see remaining screen time: I am using thr family features of Windows 10 ans having several heartaches leading to family drama: 1. There does not appear to be a way for my child to easily see/track how much screen time is left in Windows 10 so they can plan around it 2. When i get a request to add...
  9. ERROR 80720251 CHILD SCREEN TIME

ERROR 80720251 CHILD SCREEN TIME: Hello, so yesterday I tried to log in into my computer and screen locked because of the screen time. So the thing is that I haven't set any Parent Control and I don't know what the hell is going on. If I send request it's not helping at all because I don't even know who am I...
  10. Microsoft sent multiple requests for more screen time overnight, but no one was using the...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft sent multiple requests for more screen time overnight, but no one was using the...: Question: What specific items in the audit log would help identify what caused "more time" requests to be sent? Background: The child account "William" sent multiple requests for more time overnight. I could not see a way to troubleshoot this, nor were there any useful...