Windows 10: Time allotments for child request more screen time

Discus and support Time allotments for child request more screen time in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Is there a way to customize the time allotments when a child is requesting more screen time? I don't understand the logic behind the offering: 15... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by PastaPeeps, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Time allotments for child request more screen time

Is there a way to customize the time allotments when a child is requesting more screen time? I don't understand the logic behind the offering:

15 minutes ( what is the purpose of 15 minutes?)

30 minutes

1 hour

2 hours Can't we get more than 2 but less than 8 ? This is silly

8 hours

I don’t want to give more time today

I would imagine most parents grant anything between 1 and 4 hours of time. Why not a custom time option that parents can select?

:)

PastaPeeps, Apr 20, 2019
  2. murmancy Win User

Child request to extend screen time not received. Child locked out of computer.

I recently included my other child in our Microsoft Family and now my other child, which was first in the family, can't log in. The computer screen says "time is up". When asks for more screen time the notice says that a request was sent but I don't receive
    a request even after numerous attempts.

I've also:

1. Removed child from the family. Then removed the other as well. Add child as a user outside of the family. Windows does not seem to recognize that the child has been removed as it still says "times up" and asks that a request be sent.

2. Re-add child (only the one child) but still I'm not able to receive a screen time extension.

3. Disabled screen time limits. Still not working as it should. Still receive notice to request an extension.

Any ideas? It seems that the accounts changes don't sync with the computer. Not entirely sure that adding the other child caused the issue but it started to not work once or just a little after this happened.

Thank you

murmancy, Apr 20, 2019
  3. murmancy Win User
    Child request to extend screen time not received. Child locked out of computer.

This main issue of my child being locked out of the computer was solved.

However, it appears that screen time and parental controls won't apply to him but they do apply to my other child.

It did work before. It appears that this started to malfunction about the time I added my second child to our Family.

Second child's parental controls to limit screen time are positive function and I'm able to receive screen time extension requests and execute them.

First child parental controls don't work and he does not need to request screen time extensions despite that I have screen time limits clearly activated in his profile along with blocked websites.

It would be great if this issue could be solved. It helps me keep my kids and myself cognisant of the amount of screen time they receive.

murmancy, Apr 20, 2019
  4. Time allotments for child request more screen time

Child unable to submit request for additional time

I have two child accounts setup under my family. Both were working fine until recently. I have both accounts setup so that they must send a request to me for time before they are allowed to log in. This way I know their homework and chores are completed.

One child account is able to submit the request for time. The 2nd child account gets an error every time stating "Something went wrong. We were unable to send your request. Are you connected to the Internet?" He is connected to the internet.

We have tried the following:

• Rebooting several times
    • Logging into his Microsoft account to ensure its verified and that he is assigned to the correct device
    • Opening up the time limits so that he can log in for an hour daily

He still gets the message when he attempts to send a request. I don't understand why his account is getting this, but the other child account is working perfectly fine.

Please advise how I can correct this issue.

stabgotham, Apr 20, 2019
Thema:

Time allotments for child request more screen time

1. Time allotments for child request more screen time - Similar Threads - allotments child request

2. Microsoft Family More Screen Time Requests Showing Wrong TIme

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Microsoft Family More Screen Time Requests Showing Wrong TIme: When receiving the more screen time requests emails, I noticed that the emails were showing a time/date AFTER the time/date of the email. For example the email body would read "[child] asked on July 12 at 5:00 AM.", but the email was received the evening of July 11th local...
  3. Child screen time request EMAILS

Child screen time request EMAILS: Please create an option to allow parents to turn off EMAIL notifications of a child’s request for more screen time. We prefer to use the website or the Xbox family app to grant requests. Having to delete these emails in both of our accounts creates sn extra task when parents...
  4. Child time limits - how to request more time in advance

Child time limits - how to request more time in advance: Hi there, im using time limits for my sons windows 10 machine and it works fine. He has one hour a day and when it runs out he is able to request more time as he needs it. The problem i am having is how he can ask for more time in advance? so whats happening is this:...
  5. Screen time limits - child cant request more time ad they just keep getting an error message

Screen time limits - child cant request more time ad they just keep getting an error message: Hi I have set screen time limits of my child's laptop and they have always been able to ask for more and I get an email to authorise it and it seemed to work fine. But for the last 2 days when they click on request more time is comes up with an error message saying we are...
  6. Child cannot request more screen time/changes do not take effect

Child cannot request more screen time/changes do not take effect: For the last week, I haven't been able to change my child's screen time limits. No matter what I do, it only allows him 2 hours per day, which is what I have it set to as a default. Even if I adjust the start/stop times or the amount of time each day in my family settings, it...
  7. Family Groups - 'Request more screen time' issue

Family Groups - 'Request more screen time' issue: I need help.... I have set up my daughter with screen time request which work fine however now I have added another adult to the family 'group' they get the requests as well. I understand the principle of this but I don't want them to receive the same requests how do I stop...
  8. Child request for more screen time no longer works

Child request for more screen time no longer works: I have my son's laptop set up with screen time limits. When he runs low, he requests more screen time from his laptop and I receive the request via email. In the past, I could approve more screen time via that email message and he'd receive it. For the past month or so,...
  9. Unable to send request for more screen time

Unable to send request for more screen time: Hi. I noticed my child is unable to request for more screen time when the VPN is connected. It works perfectly when the VPN is off. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-send-request-for-more-screen-time/6260bf14-815b-487d-9afb-1b7eb37408e9"
  10. Granting more screen time for child account does not grant more time.

Granting more screen time for child account does not grant more time.: When my child requested to get more screen time, I granted 2 more hours via the email link, signed into my MS account, and verified that the request was approved to extend her time by 2 hours. However the computer still showed the expired lockout screen. Currently the only...